Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

Story based on Doom for university

Damn, this was cool. I'm usually not one to support present-tense narratives, but this small blurb was written quite well. Kudos.

Few questions though, if I may? When you say that this shortie is based on DOOM, but not DOOM itself, what do you mean by that? That confused me. Also, do the ellipses (I think that's whet they're called; those're the three periods, like so ...) mean the ID numbers for the people are longer than is necessary to be typed?

Wow. I was wondering initially why everything was so impersonal, then I read the end. I am impressed. Being an overly pop-cultured bastard, the repetition reminded me of Memento. The repetition did not seem tedious to me, in fact I'd say it even enhanced the reading. Perhaps I read this in a strange mood, though.

That was very cool dude. The story was written in an intriguing way, made me wanna know more about what happened. Is this what happened before doomguy gets to phobos?

/me imagines the marines being converted into html colors

I'm not entirely sure what happened there, but my guess has something to do with an orgy. Its very late though and I just got over a massive headache, so I dunno.

At any rate, it was a very cool story.

the_Danarchist said:

I'm not entirely sure what happened there, but my guess has something to do with an orgy.

Heh, a winnar is you, though it's meant to be slippery, never confirmed.

Guardian: Well, I guess I meant it's taking a few liberties with the Doom story per se. I'm not sure the UAC was ever really run like that ^_^

Thanks for the comments. Sorry about the lack of impsex, but you never know, they may have brought an imp back with them and hidden it away for later use...

pritch said:

Heh, a winnar is you, though it's meant to be slippery, never confirmed.

Hooray.

Hmmm...so some people slipping out for some hanky-panky is what caused the whole catastrophe...heh...so strange.

Dammit, guess I should have actually thought about that sexual suppression hypnosis rather than just reading it and forgetting. I got to the end and didn't even ask "why."

prtich: Ahh, I see what you're getting at now. I like the interpretation. It's different, but makes us nostalgic DOOMers feel right at home. Kudos once more.

Heh, thanks. Maybe I should have offered a hint as to where I was trying to go; it is a bit abstract.

Well like you said, it's for a university project/paper/essay, right? Something tells me whoever you're writing this for probably wouldn't have appreciated exact DOOM references as we would have.

But I could be wrong.