Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

DOOM on TechTV

Originally posted by Nightfang
Great news guys!! According to the ScreenSavers website their game for next week is no other than DOOM. They'll be using ZDaemon 1.03 along with the shareware version of DOOM 1.

All during next week, they'll be advertising the LAN party (powered by Nvidia) on the air. Finally, next Thrusday will be the big day. During the entire episode that airs on TechTV from 7pm - 8pm EST the ScreenSavers crew will be playing live on the set while they do the show. Those selected to join, will also be able to play remotely with everyone else. For more details on how you can enter LAN party check out the ScreenSavers website detailing the upcoming LAN party here.

It's the best thing to happen to ZDaemon! I'm so totally pumped! But now, my next plea. I would like *everyone* to fire off another email to thescreensavers@techtv.com and just give them a quick word of thanks for supporting our beloved port and keeping the memory of DOOM in their hearts. With enough emails, it will encourage them to host future DOOM & ZDaemon games!

Thanks! You guys rock!!!

Every once in a while, I watch that show. That will be the next time. :)

Deathman said:

didn't the moron's at the Screensavers showed the Doom 3 leak on air?

Oh boohoo, they had the Doom 3 alpha just like countless others. Jeez, it isn't like they commited a crime or anything...oh wait....

Aww...both my TVs picked the wrong week to simutaneously break. First, I miss the war, then this.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Is there like a certain channel that this show is on at so I can watch it with my reunition of me and the TV. :D

TechTV. Check your cable listings.

DevastatioN said:

what kind of good DM's can u get from that :S

Plenty good nights, I'd say. :)

Kind of wish they wouldn't be so damned cheap and buy the full version. Or at least download a decent DM wad to play... actually, that sounds kinda strange coming from me, as thanks to my ancient computer and slow internet connection, I can't play DM...

Last time I watched TechTV was when vgmusic.com posted that they would be featured on ScreenSavers. I got bored with most of the other stuff they were saying and never reached that part...

ARGH!!! Why must my computer be dead! Oh the humanity! Plus I can't even make a show about it!

/me goes and cries...

Watch the show tonight, I'll call the show and see if I can get on.

"Keep On Doom'n!!!"

sgtcrispy said:

ARGH!!! Why must my computer be dead! Oh the humanity! Plus I can't even make a show about it!

/me goes and cries...

Watch the show tonight, I'll call the show and see if I can get on.

"Keep On Doom'n!!!"

Damn, I thought you were dead or something...
Fix the damn computer and come back on irc. :)
I miss doom radio too... :)

Nanami said:

I heard ZDaemon crashed. That true?

Zdaemon crashed? Do you mean the Zlauncher? If so, it happens, but it's expecting to be fixed soon

sgtcrispy said:

Plus I can't even make a show about it!

OMG SgtCrispy! You're back! Get back on the radio!

As for the crashing thing, I think the guy on TSS running the ZDaemon server had about 500 newbies trying to join his server at one time, so apparently the entire server crashed, not just ZDaemon.

Yah. I be talking about how the server will be passworded on the day of the Lan Party..about three hours before it was supposed to start. Then some people said Zdaemon did not have the ability to put up passwords for Zdaemon Servers!!! So then a lot of people are being 5 year olds and are making fake TSS Lan Party Servers, while all these servers and the real TSS server is getting flooded with newbies wanting to get on just so they can show off to their mommies and daddies and say, "Mom, Dad, I'm on TV!!! :))))" Aca, someone who was also hosting a fake server, told everyone that joined, "Hey, you're on National TV! Say hi to you're mom!" (They were not on National TV, considering the server was fake.) Then he said that one of the players said, "Hi mom" . ROTFL!!!

ROTFL!!!

sgtcrispy said:

"Keep On Doom'n!!!"

OMG it's that other sergeant who's far crispier than me! yes, come back damnit! heh

Deathman said:

didn't the moron's at the Screensavers showed the Doom 3 leak on air?

And in this case they plan to show the shareware running a PWAD, against id Software's wishes. From what I see the zdaemon team has not changed this after I informed them about it. If anyone does email TechTV as NightFang asks, make sure you tell them about the irregularity.