Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EraserheadBaby

Alex Jones has a video game.

Just now, Rudolph said:

Not really. Like many conspiracy theorists, he will use a semblance of truth as an excuse to go on an unhinged tirade that leads his viewers towards the wrongest of conclusions. In the case of said gay frogs, his issue is more about some sinister conspiracy to corrupt the youth and less about the fact that mass deregulations under capitalism has allowed companies to get away with all sorts of dangerous practices.

It is like watching Julia Roberts in "Erin Brockovich" and coming to the conclusion that single mothers should stay at home or something...

Showing your true inner political analyst there are we now pal?

4 hours ago, SealSpace said:

He was also ironically kinda right about chemicals in the water turning frogs "gay" or something. Even Rationalwiki said this (years ago at least).

I mean, no. frogs are often hermaphroditic (like clownfish), there just happened to be a place where some sort of pollution had caused them to change spontaneously, I think some kind of weedkiller. but there's already genetic predisposition to do this.  there's several papers on this but unfortunately a lot of those are paywalled.

Also worth noting Alex goes by the "spray and pray" method of prediction; essentially talk a lot of bollocks about a lot of different subjects and if he happens to be right he can say he predicted it.

Also also worth noting that when he goes back to say he was right about his predictions, he clips a lot of the context out :')

If you want to know just how much of a bullshitter Alex actually is, listen to the Knowledge Fight podcast. It's over... 800 episodes long now. But it covers a myriad of both old and new Alex Jones shows, all the Sandy Hook trials/depositions, etc. Dan does an amazing job of research and recall. And the intro music fucking slaps.

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

Also worth noting Alex goes by the "spray and pray" method of prediction; essentially talk a lot of bollocks about a lot of different subjects and if he happens to be right he can say he predicted it.

Also also worth noting that when he goes back to say he was right about his predictions, he clips a lot of the context out :')

Spot on. It's the classic conspiracy nut playbook - twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts.

7 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

I think the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy also applies here, which is fitting given how Alex Jones is from Austin. :P

7 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

there's several papers on this but unfortunately a lot of those are paywalled.

Who needs scientific papers when you have that scene from Jurassic Park that I shared above? ;)

And yes, it is a weedkiller, Atrazine specifically. 

Edited by Rudolph

As someone who's been getting into politics an awful lot lately, I feel like the subsequent responses in this thread are beginning to get even more deeply political than I can handle.

I think we can agree that Alex Jones is someone we don't really take seriously, but just laugh at for the memes and shitposts for fun and that's that. 

16 minutes ago, SealSpace said:

I think we can agree that Alex Jones is someone we don't really take seriously, but just laugh at for the memes and shitposts for fun and that's that. 

Can you explain to me the humor in having a base that harasses grieving parents of murdered kids because of the words he spouts?  I'm not sure what's funny about that.

23 minutes ago, LexiMax said:

Can you explain to me the humor in having a base that harasses grieving parents of murdered kids because of the words he spouts?  I'm not sure what's funny about that.

You mean the Sandy Hook conspiracy theory? Yeah that was definitely going a bridge too far based on human decency and common sense. But that is certainly NOT the sort of shit I was pertaining to when it comes to humor. 

I'm talking about things like these: 

And the stuff where he says "intergalactic space demons" and shit. 

And this: 

image.png.f2166d9d12c2e176ae3e62308bb8d0e9.png

And the goldmine of other soundbites from him in the past that translates into the perfect shitposts. 

11 minutes ago, SealSpace said:

Yeah that was definitely going a bridge too far based on human decency and common sense

171213180354-sandy-hook-victims-graphic-super-tease.jpg.4f4eb1c9df93e6914bc7423ae648dd95.jpg

It was not an isolated joke that stepped over the line.  Each one of women and children existed, and Alex Jones claimed otherwise not as a joke, but for political expediency.  Knowing the depths of depravity that he was capable of, I would have a difficult time stomaching looking at the man, let alone laughing at one of his absurdist rants.

But again, maybe there's a subtlety to his humor that I'm not getting.  So can you please explain to me how Alex Jones is funny?

26 minutes ago, LexiMax said:

171213180354-sandy-hook-victims-graphic-super-tease.jpg.4f4eb1c9df93e6914bc7423ae648dd95.jpg

It was not an isolated joke that stepped over the line.  Each one of women and children existed, and Alex Jones claimed otherwise not as a joke, but for political expediency.  Knowing the depths of depravity that he was capable of, I would have a difficult time stomaching looking at the man, let alone laughing at one of his absurdist rants.

But again, maybe there's a subtlety to his humor that I'm not getting.  So can you please explain to me how Alex Jones is funny?

I don't get why you are still harping on the Sandy Hook thing, when I already made it clear in my last post that it was going too far and that he was dumb for doing just that? 

Yes we have every right to be upset and outraged and he deserves some great condemning criticisms and consequences for it based on his merits. 

But again if you re-read my post, that was not exactly the type of thing I was focusing on when it came to humor, when nobody in this thread ever implied that his comments on Sandy Hook were credible let alone funny to begin with. You can hate the man's guts all the way and/or all of his actions against basic human decency, yet still laugh at a mountain of his other less harmful memes that we don't otherwise take seriously. 

39 minutes ago, LexiMax said:

I think the main appeal in his humor is that it's often utterly wacky and hyperbolic, not intending to make much sense if any, which makes for great soundbite to put in a shitpost or memes. 

And his supposed rants taking the piss out of sjw's, political correctness, "the deep state", authoritarian government, and establishment politics, you know things that most people online also make fun of, even if they're all kinds of incoherent bordering on cringeworthy at times. 

I think the whole "Sandy Hook" thing was definitely overstepping a lot of boundaries (and anyone who thinks it isn't real is being stupid or delusional) and I heard the dude was suffering from serious psychosis or just had a foot in his mouth while whoring for attention. Or both.

Otherwise, the trick is to simply not take him seriously at all and just see him for what he mostly is to most other people online: a goldmine of conspiratorial memes, whether you like them or not. And avoid overanalyzing it too much. He's just a dumb silly radio man shouting to the clouds providing a sea of memes for shitposters like myself. I doubt most people who watch him and laugh at him actually believe what he says is actual truth. Accept it and move on. That's all it needs to be said.

Edited by SealSpace

1 minute ago, SealSpace said:

Otherwise, the trick is to simply not take him seriously at all and just see him for what he mostly is to most other people: a goldmine of conspiratorial memes, whether you like them or not. And avoid overthinking it too much. He's just a dumb silly radio man shouting to the clouds providing a sea of memes for online shitposters like myself. That's all it needs to be said.

At the risk of condeming this thread, I concur with Lexi. You're oversimplifying and underestimating. Jones may come off as goofy in certain segments but when you view his "work" in totality it shows a vile sociopath willing to say and do anything for attention, who has somehow garnered a cult of followers who take everything he says seriously. That's the problem. I'd like to think Jones has personally suffered enough from Sandy Hook to not cross that line again, but am unsure he's capable of that level of self control. 

2 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

At the risk of condeming this thread, I concur with Lexi. You're oversimplifying and underestimating. Jones may come off as goofy in certain segments but when you view his "work" in totality it shows a vile sociopath willing to say and do anything for attention, who has somehow garnered a cult of followers who take everything he says seriously. That's the problem. I'd like to think Jones has personally suffered enough from Sandy Hook to not cross that line again, but am unsure he's capable of that level of self control. 

How so mate? 

Yeah he has a cult of followers who believes his every words and that's unfortunate. But like I said, I doubt most people on YouTube who watch him and laugh at the memes actually unironically believe whatever he says to be the gospel of truth. 

For me, laughing at Alex Jones is like laughing at Osama Bin Laden, George W Bush, Bibi, HAMAS propagandists, Kim Jong Un, Xi Jiping, and Vladimir Putin, but on a much lesser and more localized scale. 

Yeah that being said, Alex Jones needs far more self-control and not have the foot in his mouth disease again.

24 minutes ago, SealSpace said:

For me, laughing at Alex Jones is like laughing at Osama Bin Laden, George W Bush, Bibi, HAMAS propagandists, Kim Jong Un, Xi Jiping, and Vladimir Putin

Some of these folks are not like the others

Some of them just do not belong

Can you tell which ones are not like the others
Before this thread is done?

This thread is turning into an exercise in missing the point.  Let me clear it up.

Alex Jones' is a psychopathic douchebag

He made a shitty, cringey game

Let's all laugh at him.

The End.

23 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Some of these folks are not like the others

Some of them just do not belong

Can you tell which ones are not like the others
Before this thread is done?

Apart from Alex Jones, I don't see a significant difference between all the individuals I listed when it comes to the inherent darkness that lies within their heart (you can probably argue that Bibi and Bush 43 are more tame or less psychotic as a person than the rest here, but that's like being the tallest kid in preschool).   

Edit - I forgot to add Mao Zedong to the list. And maybe Hitler and Stalin. 

22 minutes ago, EraserheadBaby said:

This thread is turning into an exercise in missing the point.  Let me clear it up.

Alex Jones' is a psychopathic douchebag

He made a shitty, cringey game

Let's all laugh at him.

The End.

Regarding the game itself, it's certainly no Super Mario, Zelda, Sonic, Metal Slug, Contra, nor anywhere near being high art itself or even that great of one overall in and of itself. 

But I think I've seen much worse and cringier in terms of quality. The game looks alright. 

I think the cringey part mostly comes from Alex Jone's voice in trying to advertise the game. But that's just me doe.

Edited by SealSpace

1 hour ago, SealSpace said:

For me, laughing at Alex Jones is like laughing at Osama Bin Laden, George W Bush, Bibi, HAMAS propagandists, Kim Jong Un, Xi Jiping, and Vladimir Putin, but on a much lesser and more localized scale. 

31 minutes ago, SealSpace said:

Edit - I forgot to add Mao Zedong to the list. And maybe Hitler and Stalin. 

What about people who kill thousands or participate in genocide is funny? Wtaf? Why would you even make this comparison and statement? Is the point of this to make you look like a terrible person for finding these people "funny?" Because this sounds like an argument for not finding any of these people funny.

1 hour ago, SealSpace said:

For me, laughing at Alex Jones is like laughing at Osama Bin Laden, George W Bush, Bibi, HAMAS propagandists, Kim Jong Un, Xi Jiping, and Vladimir Putin, but on a much lesser and more localized scale.  Edit - I forgot to add Mao Zedong to the list. And maybe Hitler and Stalin. 

All of those people that you listed above were desperately trying to be taken seriously.  Levity and humor at their expense is intended to rob their message of power, though doing so at least still runs the risk of glossing over the very real atrocities these people committed.

Alex Jones is the opposite.  He knows he is perceived as a buffoon and deliberately plays into it in order to attract people to his platform, hoping that at least some portion of the people he attracts to point and laugh start to agree with him.

1 minute ago, Fonze said:

What about people who kill thousands or participate in genocide is funny? Wtaf? Why would you even make this comparison and statement? Is the point of this to make you look like a terrible person for finding these people "funny?" Because this sounds like an argument for not finding any of these people funny.

Hint: It isn't. 

I'm guessing you never seen online memes surrounding these individuals? 

It's about ridiculing them and making memes out of them. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the morality of endorsing their ideologies or actions.