Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheRandomDoomBoy

Doom aborts whenever I shoot once

Recommended Posts

I have been encountering an issue where, whenever I attempt to use any weapon in any doom mods, I encounter an error message that reads 'VM Execution Aborted: self.' This error is particularly frustrating, and I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to resolve it.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TheRandomDoomBoy said:

I have been encountering an issue where, whenever I attempt to use any weapon in any doom mods, I encounter an error message that reads 'VM Execution Aborted: self.' This error is particularly frustrating, and I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to resolve it.

 

Need a lot more information my dude.

 

1. Which Doom game are you running?

2. If one of the classic games, are you using a port, the DOS executable, or the Unity version? A quick Google suggests GZDoom?
3. Are you using any mods or add-ons, or just trying to play it clean?

Sounds like a mod conflict of some kind at first glance.

Share this post


Link to post

1. Doom 2 
2. GZDOOM
3. Most of the time the aborts happen on 
brutal doom or it's other versions (that other people made)
there's other mods that this has happened on like Metal Ops Premonitions and the only addons I add to it is MK-CRITS and HITMARKERS
sorry if this isn't more specific

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, TheRandomDoomBoy said:

1. Doom 2 
2. GZDOOM
3. Most of the time the aborts happen on 
brutal doom or it's other versions (that other people made)
there's other mods that this has happened on like Metal Ops Premonitions and the only addons I add to it is MK-CRITS and HITMARKERS
sorry if this isn't more specific

 

Mixing gameplay mods often doesn't end well. Unless they specifically say they are compatible, you're bound to run into problems because they often edit the same things and due to the nature of the way mods work, the changes do not necessarily "stack" in a "not going to cause weird crap" way.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Murdoch said:

 

Mixing gameplay mods often doesn't end well. Unless they specifically say they are compatible, you're bound to run into problems because they often edit the same things and due to the nature of the way mods work, the changes do not necessarily "stack" in a "not going to cause weird crap" way.

odd cause it usually worked with them 
pretty well but now it just aborts each time I fire

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TheRandomDoomBoy said:

hitmarkers
mk-crits
metalopspremonitions

Try running each mod individually and see what happens (mainly that last one) and see if it works on its own. If it does, the problem is that it's not compatible with either hitmarkers and/or mk-crits. Perhaps the mod itself has some kind of scripting issue. I'm not the smartest guy when it comes to this stuff but that's the best advice I can give.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Try running each mod individually and see what happens (mainly that last one) and see if it works on its own. If it does, the problem is that it's not compatible with hitmarkers or mk-crits. 

So I did it with brutal monsters just to check what it was (it aborted)
So I took it out and just did each mod individually as you said
and it worked without the brutal monsters 
And with the other mods I use (as said with Murdoch) which is brutal doom and it's other alternatives people made
they also abort so I'm guessing it's just brutal dooms sprites being weird

Share this post


Link to post

It has nothing to do with sprites and everything to do with individual mod code. Without seeing your exact mod load order and/or a screenshot of the exact error message, nothing can be done.

Share this post


Link to post

That sounds like a problem related to the mods you're running.

 

Your mod load order is either wrong or then you're loading mods that are incompatible with each other.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×