Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

LizardWar is finally complete!!!!

/me adds download LizardWar to his 'to do' list.

I couldn't tell you why I find this mod so fascinating, but I can't get enought of it!

Oh yeah that reminds me.

With geocities, am i wrong by saying that zip downloads like doom wads do not take up any of the 16mb space?

Ultimate DooMer said:

Yes.

Just as i thought. That witch lied to me.

[DUKE3D] I'm gonna get medieval on their asses! [/DUKE3D]

BlueSonnet said:

Just as i thought. That witch lied to me.

[DUKE3D] I'm gonna get medieval on their asses! [/DUKE3D]

[Duke3D]i going ot rip off your head ans shit down you neak![Duke3D]

I know I've said this before, but I can't stop saying it: this thing rocks. LizardCommando replaced EVERY enemy and weapon, even John Romero's head, and they all look great. All we need now are a G-Gundam graphics replacement patch and....well....other stuff. Yeah.

My only gripe with this is that the old textures seem out-of-place.

Other than that, this is rather good fun.

I know I've said it before about it, but I guess I'll mention it again. My only real gripe is that I think you could maybe put a little more work into the weapons. I know you're going for a stylized look, and changing things might upset that, but I think a little more work on some of the guns might make it a whole lot better.

Take a look, I mean you could still do alot to make them look a little better proportioned and still give them look you wanted. You BFG was a good example of making the gun look like it was at a perspective. Even just a single lighter colour on the gun for highlight would be good.

I'm impressed that you've managed to change just about every gfx in the game though, keep it up!

Ooh yeah... The BFG replacement... I totally forgot to change that thing! ....Oh well, I was gonna try and make it into a railgun type gun, but I don't know how to do the BEX/DEH editing stuff, so it stayed there...

Trasher][: Ooh, I just left 'em there in case anyone wants to actually attempt to make "add-on" maps, but I highly doubt it. :p I like em though, the hanging bodies textures are coolest IMO.

Lizardcommando said:

Trasher][: Ooh, I just left 'em there in case anyone wants to actually attempt to make "add-on" maps, but I highly doubt it. :p I like em though, the hanging bodies textures are coolest IMO.

Yeah, the bodies-smashed-against-wall edit's pretty cool.

By texture replacement, I just meant flattening the colours and stuff to better fit the MS-Paint theme you have going with the objects.

Yeah... I could do that... but nah! :p

I hear evereyone talking about my weapon gfxs, what about my enemy replacements, what do you guys think of them?

Both the weapons and the monster replacements are great fun. My aim certainly goes astray as the weapons are right-sided rather than centrally held, heh. The relative sizes are quite strange as they're all more or less the same, it's weird seeing a Cybie the same size as a trooper for example but it's quite funny. I luv the caco replacement. Any plans for P.E./lost soul replacements?
Good advice from Scuba Steve btw.

Yes, the lost soul and PE replacements are going to be added in to the newest version of ICD-Lizard. The DDF changes in ICD-Lizard also affect the enemies in LizardWar (IE The Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind are sized correctly now. They can pretty much go wherever a Demon or Cacodemon can squeeze through.)

I'd upload the beta right now, it's just that the internet on my Dooming Computer is still borked and it's too big to fit on a floppy disk. :( I wish I had a burner on that other computer...

It's been a while since I had so much fun playing DooM II! I mean, I literally laughed outloud, it's highly addictive this wad! And those Demon replacements ownz!!