Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P_A_Z

Which artists would you have wanted to see live?

• Isis. they have split and 3 members of the band are with Chino Moreno of Deftones.
  • Neurosis. Splitted, this is my first regret. Scott Kelly, guitarist and singer has left the band. Everything rests on Steve von Till, other guitarist and singer.
  • Tool, but i have the time to see them in France. For example, they will play in Paris in june 2024.

It’s impossible to see them now: Frank Zappa, Rory Gallagher, Pink floyd, Genesis (with Peter Gabriel), Metallica (in 1984), Slayer, Jeff Beck, Glenn Branca…

It’s still possible to see them now: Nile, King crimson, Neil Young, Opeth…

Edited by ducon

35 minutes ago, ducon said:

Frank Zappa

I don't know if Dweezil is always on tour with his band Zappa Plays Zappa. They are excellent :

22 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Death

Of course, RIP Chuck.

Well, this is really out of everything related here, but I would had liked to see how Frederic Chopin play its own pieces live, in a concert :D

I forgot Sonic Youth.

I was a real fan of this band when i was a teenager.

2 hours ago, DevilMyEyes said:

Joey Jordison

I'm glad I got to see Slipknot live twice while Joey was still in the band. Dude was my single biggest inspiration back when I was in my early teens just getting into playing the drums. Still hurts to think that he's no longer with us.

36 minutes ago, Shakariki Heisenberg said:

MF DOOM (real MF DOOM not DOOMBOT ofc) and this isnt rlly an "artist" its a band but whatever, tallyhall

We are on a Doom Forum, i don't see inconvenience to post and talk about artists related with Doom ,)

Dying Fetus, one of the only deathmetal bands ive never seen live

• Venom during their classic lineup ('81-'85)
  • Metallica before Cliff Burton died ('82-'86)
  • 80s Dio
  • Dio-era Rainbow ('74- '78)
  • Classic Black Sabbath ('70-'75, '80-'81)
  • Alice in Chains when Layne Staley was still in the band ('90-'96)
  • 80s Exodus ('84-'89)
  • Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osborne ('80-'82)
  • early Bathory
  • Any 80s thrash band during in their prime, including but not limited to:
    • Overkill
    • Destruction
    • Exhumer
    • Kreator
    • Death Angel
    • Testament
    • Slayer

- Queen (with Freddie)

- Thin Lizzy (with Phil Lynott)

- Deep Purple (In Rock era lineup)

- Iron Maiden with Paul DiAnno (saw with Bruce many times, and with Blaze Bayley a couple of times). Back in the day, that would have been good. I did see Paul DiAnno solo a few years back, but that was sad really - he was SO overweight and unfit, and was only playing his Maiden stuff, even though he has quite a back catalogue of solo stuff :-(

- Blackfoot (old lineup with Ricky Medlocke)

I'm sure there are others.

I'm with @OpenRift with classic Metallica and Randy Rhoads Ozzy lineup. Funnily enough I did see Venom around that time with Chronos, Abbadon and Mantas.

Bands/artists I learned about a bit later in life, but would have loved to see back in the day would include

- Frank Marino

- The Eagles (I always loved the HHGTTG TV series theme and it was for YEARS before I learned that was the Eagles)

1 hour ago, smeghammer said:

I'm sure there are others.

Yes there are others, in this thread i wanted to allude of artists, musicians who are still alive but nevermind, and i realize that my list is too short.

So members, you refreshed my memory so i update and edit this.

• The Cure. I love the sound of the bassist Simon Gallup.
  • Pixies, i don't know if they are always on Tour.
  • Slayer, they are a legend of Thrash Metal.
  • Rainbow, between the 70'.
  • Metallica with Cliff Burton or Jason Newsted.
  • Deep Purple, between the 70'.
  • Frank Zappa of course, he was an amazing frontman, guitarist and conductor on stage.
  • Led Zeppelin in the 70'.
  • Cream. I'm not a fan, but i have sympathy for Eric Clapton.
  • Sepultura from 1986 to 1995.
  • Joy Division. They were the Cold Wave band between the 80' with The Cure.
  • Meshuggah, when they play Thrash Metal with Jens Kidman on guitar and vocals.
  • Motörhead. Lemmy Kilmister, what else?
  • Alice In Chains with Layne Staley. They are my favorite band of heavy grunge.
  • Nirvana of course. How could i have forgotten them?
  • Jimi Hendrix for his amazing use of the Stratocaster and effects.
  • Black Sabbath between the 70'
  • Pink Floyd in the 90'
  • Others and others...
Edited by P_A_Z

5 hours ago, P_A_Z said:

I don't know if Dweezil is always on tour with his band Zappa Plays Zappa. They are excellent :

I had the chance to see Zappa Plays Zappa in 2008. I was still a Zappa newbie by that time, but I sure was happy I made it.

Still wished I got to see the man himself, but I would have likely needed to be born at least 15-20 years earlier.

9 minutes ago, PsychEyeball said:

I had the chance to see Zappa Plays Zappa in 2008. I was still a Zappa newbie by that time, but I sure was happy I made it.

Still wished I got to see the man himself, but I would have likely needed to be born at least 15-20 years earlier.

I watched the double DVD from 2008 of the band with Steve Vai and Terry Bozzio as special guests, amazing.

Capture-d-cran-2023-12-04-223206.jpg

Zappa

Bowie

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

King Crimson

Any group with Robert Fripp in it

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Queen

Steely Dan

The Police

Genesis

It’s impossible to see them now: Zappa, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Queen, Allman Brothers Band with Duane, Grateful Dead with Jerry, Chrome, Joy Division.

It’s still possible to see them now:  Swans, Trueno, Sonic Youth, Ministry, Foetus, Jarboe, Diamanda Galas, Happy Mondays (not sure if they are still touring), Hawkwind