Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watto3699

GTA VI Trailer

33 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

That does not make it "anti-woke", not even remotely.

Thanks for the clarification. My understanding of the term was more geared toward how everyone is calling Naughtydog and Disney "woke". I simply did not see the resemblance in the GTA6 trailer to why it was drawing a crowd chanting "they've gone woke!"... the same crowd doing it to other companies (which is apparently a thing that is happening).

Just so you know where I stand:

- I thoroughly enjoy the new Disney-era Star Wars. Not sure why everyone cries fowl about it.

- The Last of Us 2 is one of my top 5 games of all time. Just like the 1st, it left a emotional scar in my mind.

-  GTA 6 trailer looks crazy fun even if it takes a jab at the culture here in Florida (we earned it)

- Fuck the KKK

5 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Morally bad characters, if written well, can make you root for them and feel bad for rooting for them at the same time. Niko in GTA4 is a great example. 

Niko was so likable that it actually discouraged me from going on rampages in the main game. If I wanted to be an terrorist asshole I'd fire up one of the DLCs. Downwardly mobile Biker is just a better fit if you want to pick fights with people

3 hours ago, Buckshot said:

I would call it a parody of real life, I would. But I can't. Because it's only a *slight* exaggeration of how daily life is here in Florida. It's too close to be a parody... but more like a celebration of the batshit crazy stuff that goes on here (or a simulator of sorts).

The scenes in the trailer are actually based on real life Florida Man clips. I'm not even joking.

1 hour ago, Individualised said:

The scenes in the trailer are actually based on real life Florida Man clips. I'm not even joking.

I too was wondering about this. This trailer feels like Florida Man The Game

2 hours ago, Individualised said:

Florida Joker man, gators waltzing into 7/11's, scantly-clad grandpas watering their lawns... Yep.

But if you think that's the extent of the absurdity & insanity here, buddy do I have news for you. 

Like this one from a couple months back, at a store just down the street:

https://winknews.com/2023/11/06/whats-next-human-skull-found-fort-myers-antique-store/

Mere mistake on the shop owners behalf? Nope...

https://winknews.com/2023/11/06/thrift-store-manager-i-knew-real-human-skull/

Despite them blattingly admitting they knew it was real & what they were doing was illegal, they still have not been charged as far as I'm aware.

Now, I doubt GTA6 will delve into the macabre elements of florida-man lore, but there's a lot of weird/bizaare things happening here that makes you scratch your head and wonder "what the hell, man?" Like how our governor was picking fights with Mickey Mouse and more worried about banning books  all whilst the Gulf Coast was being wrecked by Hurricane Ian and home insurance companies weren't paying out for months (some still haven't been paid). I got hit head on by Ian, eye went right over my house. I didn't have power or water for two months, no internet for four months, didn't have a roof for nine months.

It's not funny. Really it isn't. But the events that unfold and how they play out from (bad) to (worse) to (effing horrible)... I think Tommy Lee Jones in 'No Country For Old Men' said it best:

Edited by Buckshot

13 hours ago, Buckshot said:

Thanks for the clarification. My understanding of the term was more geared toward how everyone is calling Naughtydog and Disney "woke". I simply did not see the resemblance in the GTA6 trailer to why it was drawing a crowd chanting "they've gone woke!"... the same crowd doing it to other companies (which is apparently a thing that is happening).

It is all good. I blame the mainstream media and politicians - especially the right-wing ones - for using it to just mean "things that are bad".

Heck, even Donald Trump - who is himself very much guilty of this - basically gave the game away, like he always does...

Edited by Rudolph

I'm sorry but all the complaints and whining about how terrible it is that GTA 6 is going to be a parody and/or portrayal of modern day America fall a little flat on their ass when most fucking entries since GTA 3 have literally taken place in the present day of the time.

Like, it seems that social media will play too big of a role in the game ? Really ? I get that this is a forum about a 30 year old game and most people here probably think it's still 2003, but I can guarantee to you that if you go outside and look over someone's' shoulders while they're on their phone, there is like a 50/50 chance they are looking at TikTok. It focuses so much on that aspect (At least in the trailer anyway) because making a game in the modern day with no social media would be like a movie taking place in victorian England somehow not having a single sign of industrialization.

That being said, yeah the game will be overmonetized to hell and back and the singleplayer campaign and sandbox will be immediately shafted in favor of online, now that Rockstar and Take Two have seen just how lucrative online is. No like 2 year delay for multiplayer like with GTA V.

31 minutes ago, inkoalawetrust said:

I'm sorry but all the complaints and whining about how terrible it is that GTA 6 is going to be a parody and/or portrayal of modern day America fall a little flat on their ass when most fucking entries since GTA 3 have literally taken place in the present day of the time.

I do recall older GTA games being much sillier and random, like that mission in Vice City where you have to fight the "French SWAT" (!) or that rage-inducing one where you have to attack a construction site with a remote toy helicopter that handles like absolute garbage (why). Granted, I have yet to play GTA V and I never finished GTA IV's Ballad of Gay Tony DLC, but GTA IV as a whole felt a lot more grounded in contrast.

Edited by Rudolph

1 hour ago, inkoalawetrust said:

Well said.

Rather than "life imitates art", when it comes to the GTA series it's literally "art imitates life".

5 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Heck, even Donald Trump - who is himself very much guilty of this - basically gave the game away, like he always does...

Giving away GTAVI sounds like a pretty good campaign strategy imo

14 minutes ago, Buckshot said:

Apparently 'Florida Joker Man' is not all too thrilled with GTA6 devs incorporating his likeness into the game.

https://kotaku.com/gta-6-florida-miami-joker-tiktok-grand-theft-auto-1851080705

I guess he wants to sue? You know, since he TOTALLY didn't pilfer his act from a certain Batman flick villain himself.

It's nice to see that the new GTA is already annoying people, even just from a Teaser trailer.

34 minutes ago, Mr Masker said:

It's nice to see that the new GTA is already annoying people, even just from a Teaser trailer.

In that case, I would not call it annoying someone so much as said person trying to cash in on the latest viral trend.

I've tried getting into GTA IV and V, dropped them both pretty quickly. I don't enjoy open world games in general and GTA tends to feel off with its mechanics. I'll pass this one.

Don't really care, probably going to be quite degenerative, but streamers and co will play it and there will be sales.

I didn't even click the link, it's going straight into my "won't buy, won't pirate, won't watch lets plays of" pile, which has grown rather well over the past "couple" of years.

I've long grown weary even with "wow this sucks so bad go play it/use it to see how bad it is" thing, a reason why I have never touched chatgpt for example, I saw the reports of how hamstrung and censored it was, so I never bothered to be "The one who outsmarts it".

Its in the trash for me, and seeing how the hype has died down a little even with the "art" stuff, I don't think I decided badly.

Trailer looks pretty cool, but I'll hold myself back 'till more info is revealed. Dunno why certain types of people are still mad to this day about an M rated videogame, weird cognitive deficiency, I guess.

I hope they add a woke ism mission character to make missions woke for being anti woke and woke the controversial with anti woke with woke personality on a anti woke game, but with woke ism propaganda in a woke satire parody of the people woke woke ism with anti woke personallity in the woke closet but that's actually the bit for woke and anti woke people talk from the game woke.

And guns.

I’m fine with just replaying Saints Row 2 now and then. I haven’t been able to finish a GTA title but I did enjoy the Red Dead games. Like @scalliano implied I think the fun creative minds at Rockstar have all left as well.

On 12/7/2023 at 4:50 AM, Rudolph said:

Ironically, one could argue that GTA has always been a bit "woke" in the sense that you always have to be on the lookout for cops.

I mean by that logic every criminal would be "woke"

So nah this isn't a strong argument imo

On 12/7/2023 at 3:25 AM, Murdoch said:

Racist assholes.

Who cares?

The point I'm making is that if a game introduces interesting characters, I don't think for most people the skin color or the gender would matter at all

On 12/7/2023 at 5:24 AM, Buckshot said:

Not sure why everyone cries fowl about it.

Because they have a literal Mary Sue as the main character and have character assassinated Luke Skywalker and made Anakin's Sacrifice pointless.

But I won't beat a dead horse, anyone who's a bit aware of the situation knows all this.

You're more than welcome to like the Sequels.

On 12/7/2023 at 5:24 AM, Buckshot said:

The Last of Us 2 is one of my top 5 games of all time. Just like the 1st, it left a emotional scar in my mind.

Same kinda argument for TLOU2.

But yeah, just being informative, idrc

1 hour ago, The Doommer said:

Who cares?

You asked, I answered. Racist assholes care about minorities getting roles in media. Cause they are bitchy little crybabies who think the colour of their skin makes them superior, and they are terrified of anything remotely different to them.

I mean by that logic every criminal would be "woke"

Not really. War criminals, for instance, do not have to worry about cops. Rather, they tend to be made into national heroes... -_-

if a game introduces interesting characters, I don't think for most people the skin color or the gender would matter at all

It would, actually.

Writing a character to be of a certain ethnicity or gender identity - preferably in a way that comes across as accurate and authentic - is more often than not what makes them interesting in the first place. Niko Bellic had its share of issues (for example, being voiced by someone who reportedly could not even speak Serbian for shit), but the fact that he was specifically written to be a migrant from Eastern Europe made him stand out. Heck, to an extent, the same could have been said about CJ in San Andreas: the fact that he is a black man is significant to the game's story and presentation.

Edited by Rudolph

6 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

You asked, I answered. Racist assholes care about minorities getting roles in media. Cause they are bitchy little crybabies who think the colour of their skin makes them superior, and they are terrified of anything remotely different to them.

It's really disgusting and such a mask off moment that they just get... mad at people of color just walking???

3 minutes ago, HLRaven said:

It's really disgusting and such a mask off moment that they just get... mad at people of color just walking???

Yep. They should walk around with a badge saying "I am an absolutely horrible and deeply, deeply inadequate human being" and save everyone the bother of figuring it out the hard way.

It honestly seems R* are too afraid to come up with their own jokes and have to rely on a real world counter part to get away with making a joke.

I do hope they take the absolute piss out of a lot of freakish groups that have popped up in the last few years, I think that'd be a barrel of laughs.

Maybe the game will feature a villain in the form of a Marjorie Taylor Greene-like politician called "Rhonda Santos".

On 12/4/2023 at 8:28 PM, Jello said:

It's going to be a new GTA game with unlikeable protagonists, grounded in a reality that's too realistic to have fun with, and they're trying to make it seem bigger than it actually is. And they're going to charge $120 for it, because they've spent over a billion dollars to make it and fuck you that's why, and couple it with GTA V and Rockstar Social Club. And the online will be the only thing they focus on after release, and they won't give a shit when people hack into your account and steal it and there's cheaters and hackers everywhere, because why should they care?

I don't know, if I was 13 again and seeing a game with a trailer like this, would I be excited? Maybe, but if I was 13, I would've grown up in an era where graphic fidiliety was close to peaking. I would've been born when the PS3 and 360 were at the end of their days. And games like RYSE: Son of Rome still look great.

I just don't think this looks amazing any more. Because it doesn't look fun, and that's the problem I had with GTA V, it wasn't fun. I bought it on 360, put some 20 hours into it, and hated the "protagonists", didn't like that they took all the fun away from the gameplay, and made everything more "realistic". The same problems I had with GTA IV. I play them to have fun, and San Andreas took that to a degree that they haven't touched since. They've been trying to make "The Godfather" for so long that they've forgotten they were a video game.

This sums up the problems with GTA for me! I could've wrote this exact same post!!

I first started playing the games back with GTA 3. I too had a lot of fun with San Andreas, as there was just so much to spend time doing. San Andreas the peak of this series and it's been downhill ever since. I still liked GTA 3 for it's weird creepy atmosphere with the fog and ambience. Vice City improved on 3, but SA is where it hit the strongest.

GTA 4 is where they jumped the shark for me. Pretty graphics became the focus over fun stuff. When they began removing things for "realism", that was the beginning of the end. By the end of GTA 4, you had limitless cash and nothing to spend it on except clothes and weapons. All those fancy graphics and animations, yet there was nothing to do in the game except follow a mediocre story with unlikeable characters. You still have some of the side missions like the Vigilante one, but now it only gives the reward of money and nothing to spend it on. It's strange seeing how much praise that game for the story when it felt like it couldn't decide between being a parody and serious. Niko was just an unlikeable sociopath I couldn't connect with. Tommy V worked well in Vice City cause he was a caricature in a parody of crime movies in the 80s.

I had the same reaction to GTA V on launch. I finished the single player in a week and felt like the overworld was so barren. It had more to do than GTA IV, but it was clear that they saved all the goodies for the online mode, which I had no interest in playing. The story sucked mainly cause the protagonists were so unlikeable. They hyped up all the bank robberies, then in the campaign you only get paid from 3 of them.

These games were more fun when they didn't have much of a story to them. GTA 3 dropped you in an open world sandbox and the story was more or less in the background, as it was about exploring the map and creating chaos. I remember only doing the missions to unlock the islands. The fun memorable stuff of the old games was how much mayhem and destruction you caused and funny stuff (making the tank fly in GTA 3). Vice City had something going with the businesses, and it worked as a parody of Scarface and other crime genre films. When they moved away from this and started trying to write serious crime drama, they lost that charm for me.

On 12/6/2023 at 4:38 PM, Rudolph said:

Anyway, does GTA still have contenders these days?

I hear the latest Saints Row did not do well and I am not sure if the Insomniac Spider-Man games, while very successful, have the same appeal as GTA.

The sandbox genre has evolved greatly since at least GTA IV.

The Batman Arkham games I think was a clear evolution of sandbox city games. Arkham City and Knight in particular are almost GTA, but with playing as Batman. The Spider-Man games have carried the Batman Arkham torch, right down to using the same rhythm based combat system and evolving it. I wish Rocksteady could've made the Superman game they wanted to do. They had some great ideas I am sure would've made a fun sandbox game.

GTA was the main thing in the 2000s with all the clones it had. Saints Row gets mentioned often, but there were a bunch of the others. Licensed Godfather and Scarface games were GTA Clones. That Scarface game was pretty interesting that it ran on a modified version of the Vice City engine, and had a better combat system than all the GTAs (it fell short in other aspects of the game design, but the shooting was fun).

Check out Sleeping Dogs and Mafia III if you want a more modern take on the GTA game style.

Surprising how many people here are cynical about this. I'm pretty excited about this game. Probably what I'm most looking forward to other than what the next ID game is. I know the trailer is lacking in gameplay but that's kind of how 1st trailers go? Not that it wouldn't have been nice but the game is probably gonna look better than this trailer looks. Rewatch the GTA V 1st trailer, it looks worse than the final version. same with most rockstar 1st trailers.

And no the game wont be more than 70$ the reason people say GTA VI will be 150$ or whatever is because Straus Zelnick said games should be more expensive. Most gaming CEOs will probably agree because they suck and feed off the misery of others. CEOs say stupid shit all the time but don't do it (unless it's Twitter or Unity but yeah).

Just hope online isnt as fucked as the current one.