Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Favorite doom music?

Doom: D_E1M3

Doom2: D_TENSE

Evilution: D_MESSAG

Plutonia: <Irrelevant since it is all recycled from Doom and Doom2>

Freedoom: D_ROMER2

I'd say that for Doom 1 my favorite would be D_E2M6 (Halls of the Damned) and for Doom 2 D_IN_CIT (The Pit). D_E2M7 and D_EVIL are kind of cool too. It's kind of hard for me to pick, though, because IMHO most of the Doom and Doom 2 music was not all that great.

E1M1 (how could anyone not like that?)
E1M3
E1M4 IIRC

The only thing I can remember from DooM 2 is Map01, which I hate. These days, I play my own music while playing DooM.

Doom: E1M5, E1M8, E2M2, E2M8, E3M3.

Doom2: map02, map03, map06, map07, map08, map09, map32.

TNT: map20, map31.

Assmaster said:

E1M1 (how could anyone not like that?)
E1M3
E1M4 IIRC

The only thing I can remember from DooM 2 is Map01, which I hate. These days, I play my own music while playing DooM.

Yep me too.The worst doom music is bloodfalls in doom2.That stuff killed my ears.

The intermission music is nice, but it doesn't work well in maps. That's the only reason why I don't like E2M3. Of course, I usually just change the music.

oh, the intermission music. when i was eight, that was my favorite song. along with 'twist the knife (slowly)' by napalm death.

All in the Ultimate Doom.

Also, I have memorized each track and can hum them quite well. :P

Doom: E1M6, E2M1
Doom 2: D_TENSE, D_ROMERO

I would also like to point out that most of the time I enjoy wads with new music because it's often better than the original.

a lot of people here don't seem to particularly enjoy the doom music, which surprises me. maybe it's just because i grew up on it, but i dig it A LOT. any particular reasons why you don't like it, or does it just not do anything for you?

I like the Doom music, because I grew up on it, and it reminds me of the old fashioned video-game music, from game-systems and DOS alike. and I think the music was actually made by someone who made a lot of videogame music back then, but I forget his (her?) name.

Bobby Prince is the name. He also composed the music to some B movies as far as I know.

My favourite videogame composer is David Whittaker though.

Little Faith said:

My favourite videogame composer is David Whittaker though.

We're moving away from the original question here, but my favourite composer of Doom music is Mark Klem (MM, MM2, Requiem, STRAIN et al.) and my favourite composer of videogame music generally is Alexander Brandon (Unreal, UT, Deus Ex et al).

continuing to move away from the original question, my favorites are bobby prince, of course, and koji kondo, who composed the music for the mario games, and is a god.

i like a couple of the songs from doom 1 and 2. however, the music in STRAIN is better than the music from the original dooms, imo. speaking of doom mod music, i just started playing Alien Vendetta, and im at map2, and the music in that map is AWESOME. what game is it from, cuz in the readme it just tells that the music is taken from various games, them being some dooms, duke nukem, rott, and hexen. what is the song in map 2 from AV, anybody?

Goat said:

what is the song in map 2 from AV, anybody?

You're kidding, right? It's E2M1.

I like DOOM music in general, but really only within the context of DOOM. I don't really have any favorites in terms of the game music, and half the time I'm listening to other music anyway.

One thing: there's a punk band (some call them death rock, some call them goth, it varies a lot) called Rudimentary Peni, that sound like the simple but dark and hard guitar rocking that Bobby Prince was trying to execute in MIDI, and they go fabulously with DOOM. :)

yes! rudimentary peni are fucking awesome. and they sing about h.p. lovecraft. and their lead singer was in a mental institution because he thought he was the pope. he wrote an album about it while he was in there, too.

doom2
map09, map25, map16, map29, map28.

plutonia
map05, map06, map10, map11, map21, map32, map31, map18, maybe more.

how can anyone dislike doom2 map25?...