Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Draconio

Sloppy idgames organization

I've been noticing that some of the files on the idgames archives are not where they are supposed to be, notably:

A) Deathmatch levels in the single player directories.
B) Heretic levels in the Doom directories.

This is rather annoying. What I'd like to ask is, is there anything I can do about this? Should I contact Ty Halderman about them? Or is it just one of those things that isn't going to change, so I'll just have to live with it?

Don't bother Ty with small things like that, he works hard enough. Just live with it. Why does it matter?

huh, I have never seen heretic levels in the doom dirs... O_o
Fine, could you tell me the name of a few?.

Torn said:

huh, I have never seen heretic levels in the doom dirs... O_o
Fine, could you tell me the name of a few?.

Satan's Dominion Series (Link goes to Doomworld's database page)

I know there are others, but it's kind of hard to find them when I'm actually looking for them :/

i don't see the harm in letting ty halderman fix some of this stuff. or at least suggesting for him to. he takes some degree of pride in them, i think he'd appreciate knowing some of his mistakes.

Draconio said:

Satan's Dominion Series (Link goes to Doomworld's database page)

The TXT doesn't even mention it's for Heretic (except obliquely by saying the file can be found on some Heretic-related compuserve library) so you can imagine why it was misplaced.

If you tell Ty about it he might move it... it's not like moving a little file is any work. I've informed him about misplacements before and he was responsive. You could email him or leave a little MSG file in /incoming.