Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sweet Prince

help! wacky mouse in DOS games & Doom!

ok, i had Xp, been trying the duel boot thing, DON'T get me started, anyway im here with my Microsoft Mouse using Win98 and trying to play Doom in DOS (as well as Duke 3d and Blood)
but when ever i load up a DOS game and i set the mouse to go a lil more then 360 around in the space of a DVD box moving it left, but when i move it right it goes too far and then i move it left and it goes even further! and after moving it enough it doesn't go all the way around and then repeats!

what is wrong? why is the sensitivity always changing? i donno where to begin.. any help please! if you need more info just ask and i'll try and find it... THANKS!

-me

ok, i found the 98 drivers for this mouse and installed them but it didn't help, see, i am running the games in a DOS window in Win98 cos this silly new comp doesn't have a sound card, well its on the motherboard and there's a Win fix but no DOS fix so if i want sound it has to be a dos box (haha and i left Xp cos it was crappy sound in the DOS box) anyway, now i see that the sensitivity depends on how fast i move the mouse.. move it slow and it doesn't go all the way around, move it a lil faster and it dose and move it really fast and it goes too far... but the mouse is ALWAYS within the dvd boxes.. i made a lil fence :)

and thats really bad cos the faster i trun around the further i go, so im playing Doom and i hear somthing behind me and i turn too fast and do a 360 when in any other port or win game i whould do a 180 gggrrrrrrr

source.. huh, port what?

hehehe have em and love em! sometimes i feel like the old DOS Doom.. + even if the "Duke3D Source Released" isnt a joke it will be some time before i can play a good port of it or Blood, and MechWarrior2 wont run in Xp, not even the super Win95 ver of MW2 will work in Xp, its still using DOS... damn

pritch said:

Why the hell aren't you using a source port? Is it still 1994?

A source port...? You mean a source mod?

Sweet Prince, you should seek a DOS driver that works with the mouse. Unlike the standard driver for your mouse, which is installed through the control panel and whatnot, it's installed from Windows 98's autoexec.bat (the exact specifics depend on the driver.) The DOS driver should take over when you're in the DOS prompt (even within Windows, not just when rebooting to DOS), while the Windows driver would still work normally otherwise. At least it worked out this way with a gmouse driver I've used.

thanks for your help everone, i found that if i install some Logitech drivers i could go into regedit and set Acceleration off it works fine now... yay, tho when i turned on my comp today windows reloaded a backup of my reg and i had to reinstall everthing, so i tryed a diff Logitech driver and i made a better backup.. but we'll see... thanks again :)

pritch said:

Why the hell aren't you using a source port? Is it still 1994?

Because they aren't the real game... yes, I use ports (ZDoom, and others), but I still prefer doom2.exe... :)