Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rotting Corpse

Hacx not finding my doom2

I downloaded hacx 3 days ago. I know my doom2 is the right version. Cuz I boght 2 days befor downloading hacx. I got my doom2 retail. Every time I try instaling hacx ti cant find my doom2.I put hacx in my doom2 folder. C:doom2 it wont find it. I tryed renameing the folder and reinstaling hacx/doo2.It still gives me that error.

Your Hacx files should be in the same directory as doom2.wad and Doom2.exe. If it doesn't work, you should consider downloading Hacx again. It's possible something went wrong during the first download...

That's all I can think of...

Good Luck!

Are you an XP user? The problem might be that the OS isn't handling the DOS batch file properly.

In that case you'd need to grab the relevant lines from the batch file and run them from the command line or make a simpler batch file.

Nope, Im useing win98 se. I hate XP.
Also when I want to use Jdoom that messes up also. It cant insatize driect 3d.I went thoght driectx and it had no problems.The game wont even start.

RC:
I redownloaded it.The same thing happend.
I have V.3,0,0,0.

Are you talking about a Hacx III?
When you said: "I downloaded hacx 3 days ago." I read it like: "I downloaded hacx, 3 days ago."but now it seems you meant to say: "I downloaded hacx 3, days ago".

I've never heard of Hacx having a (finished) sequel, let alone a third in the series... (though I must say, I'm hardly an expert on the field)

The only hacx, I have is v1.1, which can be legally/ freely downloaded here (requires Doom2 v1.9).

Create a shortcut to ZDoom, edit it's line to add this "-file hacx.wad -deh hacx.deh -iwad doom2.wad" name the shortcut Hacx

BBG said:

Create a shortcut to ZDoom, edit it's line to add this "-file hacx.wad -deh hacx.deh -iwad doom2.wad" name the shortcut Hacx

It sounds like the problem he's having means that the Install is failing and so he therefore doesn't have a file called Hacx.wad.

I've just tested the Hacx Install under XP, and it worked fine, so unless there is something odd with it running under Win 98 SE, I can't think what the problem might be... You have got Doom2 1.9, with a completely unaltered iwad (i.e. without any rebuilding of nodes, reject map or whatever), right? You, er, did unzip everything (into a folder called, say, c:\hacx) from the file you downloaded??

I dunno... Try this:

Check that your Doom2.wad (in c:\doom2) has a file size of 14,604,584 bytes.

Check your Hacx zip file is called hacx1_1s.zip and contains 14 files.

Try unzipping the Hacx files into a different directory (e.g. c:\hacx) and run the install from there.

Ok it wad works.But it has problems.When I play it useing vanilla doom2 there is no sound or music.When I play it useing Zdoom the ash traies brokend chairs and crap like that are in a constant loop.The ash trayes fall over and then thet stand back up and fall over.It happes with the light or the roof.I have to use noclip to get around them.