Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buffy

GymDoom - Preview of my first vanilla Doom WAD

Hi guys,

I was planning on creating a vanilla style Doom Episode. I have 2 levels ready so far (my first levels ever) and felt the need to share my progress.

The music is composed by me and i still figure out how to make it sound best in midi. I recommend max volume in any case.

Let me know how you feel about this wad!

IWAD: DOOM, E1M1-E1M2, complevel 2, limit removing port needed, tested with Woof

GymDoom_preview.wad: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C4ZPoELhnW_XDv9LWvSWYE1_9UGSQWsQ/view?usp=drive_link

woof0016.png

woof0014.png

good maps...really liked map 2 its noisy and confusing in a cute way...too many secrets keeps on distracting me....fights are straightforward no traps or snipers....

prboom fda uv skill iddt no saves cl2 used

map 3 is unfinished i guess

popi9.zip

Thank you so much for playing! Sorry that that one hidden switch gave you such a hard time hitting, i may move it forward 1-2 pixels. I also have some secrets that become unreachable after certain actions. is that a big no no or is it acceptable?

4 hours ago, Buffy said:

Thank you so much for playing! Sorry that that one hidden switch gave you such a hard time hitting, i may move it forward 1-2 pixels. I also have some secrets that become unreachable after certain actions. is that a big no no or is it acceptable?

If you give some sort of hint that certain action can make a secret unreachable, then go ahead, but if you don't, people will hate it so much.

Tricks and Traps had a secret like that, i don't remember specifically how it worked, but it's on the pinkies moshpit room.

13 hours ago, Buffy said:

well did u check that switch? was it use-able or is there Another way ?

I tried everything and if there is no other way then I guess u got to move it coz it's like a bug....

secondly I believe more than map secrets are totally belong to Creators will and imagination....u can create them whichever way u like in fact I miss those Gimmicky secrets like in original doom 1 and 2( like that 20 some map secret which opens in first 30 or second then closed forever)

so I got no complaints regarding secrets as I told Earlier there are too many so it keep distracting player to touch every wall...but it's fine.....

That switch is just barely in reach. I felt it was easy enough to hit but seeing your struggle probably means i should give it a tiny bit more space, finding it should be the secret not how to hit it, lol

Damn that's impressive good design and architecture really enjoyed it

I played thru the first 2 maps and sawed the third well it's unfinished but I'm lookig forward for the complete thing

Fun couple of maps, love the use of textures. Not sure why you included an unfinished version of the third level.