Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EVIL

Me own DOOM3 monster thread, Mwuahahah! EVIL!

Ahhwel.. actually I was planning to open this thread tomorrow.. BUT, I did it today because. I have done a lot of work on the frond arms of the claw today, and I wanted to show you guys. Unfortionatly I cant show you the rotate .avi yet because my webpace is acting really wierd. so I am just posting the link to my WIP/monster folder where my new renders of the arm are viewable in a couple of hours.. also some shots of medium reso model that makes up the high reso model by meshsmooth in 3d max. these wireframe shots are in the folder right now! enjoy

Fixed, I made a booboo by providing you fine lads with a Typo!

post addition:
BTW, I am working all day long tomorrow to finish the torso, also I have a great idea for the head. I will post a sketch of it 2morrow (have to sketch it first :P).

Ooh, wow! I'm already shivering in fear just looking at the claws! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Bumping into some problems at the torso area right now. I cant seem to get it right, so I am going to draw some more refrence pictures 2night. So I will work on the torso saturday because my mom has planned my friday as, "EVIL is going to do the garden day" :'( hopefully I will finsih the model before the end of this month because I am getting a new rig in the end of this month [AMD xp 3000+, readon 9800 pro, 1.5 or 2 gig ram 200 gig hdd and a yeongyang YY-0420 caseing (black server cube)] an also a new internet connection next month (ASDL "8mbit down and 512kbit up") W00t, I cant wait. 90euro's a month :/, I am sharing the internet connection with my mom, dad and sister, so I dont need to pay that much (25%)

enough with theshowing off my "end of the month's rig new specs" stuff

I currently am using 3dmax, and ik am growing a dislike towards the program. I am learning that there is a cool modeling technique called subdevision modeling. and its alot better for adding detail, and this is only possible on 3d applications like, maya, lightwave, and XSI. not 3dmax :'( maby 3dmax is the cause into my sucky torso modeling. I am finding the interface anoying. so I think I am going to use maya in the future, I already found a great monster tutorial for maya, so that will be my future main modeling program (my school can get me a very cheap license for maya, Mwuahah!!) Damn, I am loosing mony fast at this rate :( I really need to get a better paying job. hopefully I can get a job at a internet company (making webpages etc. if i play my cards right.) we'l see

actually, I got my inspiration from the headcrabs in Halflife :) anyway, the critter wont have a mouth so it wont kill/hunt for food or something like that. They only exist to BE! killed! so they are like soldier Ants.

Yeah.. its a rotting ribcage, but I think I am going to change the anatomy. (remove the rotting ribcagestuff) hopefully it will look alot meaner, compact fater and agressive then. And I cant wait untill I can see that drawing of yours RC! I am also thinking of making more monsters once I have completed this one, and make a EVILmonstermodelpack =] but that wont happen yet and since doom wotn release before the e3, I have all the time in the world :), so I wont rush it and try to make a quality enemy to be remembered

I got a segestion.Change the back leggs.I looked at them a deisded that it would be veary hard for that thing to run with four clawed legs.

hmm.. I notised that to, therefore I started with the arms and claws instead of the leggs, because I already knew I would change them. if you have a good suggestion that is practic and looks cool also, please tell me!

Well,I have an idea.The thing should stand up right.Have its arms folded like birds wing.This way the thing runs up to you.You cant see the huge claws on its arms.The thng then swipes at you like a praying mantes.Make it arms fold so the claws cant be seen form the front.