Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wildman

Cover Art Request

Since there are a number of talented artists in this forum I'd thought I would make a request. I am looking for some cover art for Incident at Tei Tenga.

What I need is a picture from the perspective of standing on an airless moon with a jupiter like planet rising above some jagged mountains in the distance. Something along the lines of:

http://www.faroutworlds.com/world_5_(15).htm

Except it needs to be darker, the mountains need to be jagged and the background planet needs to be a gas giant of some sort. There's no air so the sky should be black and filled with stars.

So what do you get out of it? Well, you'll get full credit for the picture and those who read the story will be looking at your stuff. Also, I'll write you in as a walk-on character in the story and give you nice little death scene when all hell breaks loose. :)

Just post the links in this thread and I'll look them over and pick out the one that fits-in the best.

Thanks!

Are you turning it into a novel? Cool.

Sorry, but I don't think I can help, for various reasons.
1. I've already got my hands full with several other drawings I need completed.
2. I've got my hands more than just full with real life stuff like education.
3. I can only do pencil art - not coloured stuff ;~(

I'd do it, but I doubt my stupid stylized-to-fuck crap is really the sort of thing to inspire forboding ;)

I'm definately interested in reading the finished book though. For some reason, I really don't like short stories all that much because I just chew through them in half an hour and get pissed when there isn't more. A full novel, complete and without loose ends, to devour in an all-nighter... much better.

Thinking it over again, I might try and do it sometime as I can postpone some of my "in-progress" art (but not all of it - some of my friends are eagerly awaiting a large drawing I'm working on and I'd best not disappoint them by delaying it).

But again: I can only do pencil art (or pixel art, but pixel art takes an eternity to do if it's supposed to be any good), but then there's the possibility that I could get some of the other 1337 colour artists around here to add colours to my work.

But that'll mean that you'd have to credit TWO artists for it and that might take up too much space - you also need enough space for the novel itself ;-)

My only trouble with the concept is: How do you make sure a planet looks specifically like a gas giant? I guess I'll have to look carefully at pics of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

dsm said:

But that'll mean that you'd have to credit TWO artists for it and that might take up too much space - you also need enough space for the novel itself ;-)

My only trouble with the concept is: How do you make sure a planet looks specifically like a gas giant? I guess I'll have to look carefully at pics of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

I'm not going to be picky about the style. The pic I posted is just a general idea on the elements I'd like to get, not necessarily the technique used.

There is also no hurry on the art either. Take care of the other stuff, if you'd like. It is going to be a little while yet before the story is ready; I just wanted to make the request now so people could be thinking about it.

Collaborations are not a problem either. I have more than enough room to ft in any number of characters. Of course, if you don't want to be in the story as a character, but would like to contribute, that is fine too.

In fact, if someone wants to do an illustration of general doomish nature, or you have an illustration of a cool monster, I'd be happy to look at it and see if I could work it in. I can't make any promises of course, but I would love to pepper the novel with some good illustrations; maybe some between chapter intermission screens. :)

Since this story is loosely based on the Doom Bible, and there are significant differences between the Doom Bible and the actual game (in both weapons and monsters), there is room to add in monsters that don't appear in the game.

One reason I am doing this is because it is different than the game and I don't have to rehash stuff that has been done a million times. :)

YAY, I've been waiting so long for the continuance of this story..

I'll see if I can help you out..

Zaldron said:

I'll try my hand at it provided there's a long way to go before your deadline.

There is plenty of time. :)