Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cvnts

Someone please help me configure DSDA-Doom

Can someone please help me configure DSDA-Doom? I'm having trouble understanding all the nerdy shit and IT Lingo that are the install docs, this shit is driving me insane i swear.

When I was starting out in dsda I was going nuts with settings, I just have it set to opengl and use the default settings and I'm happy the way its set

33 minutes ago, Stroggman said:

When I was starting out in dsda I was going nuts with settings, I just have it set to opengl and use the default settings and I'm happy the way its set

i didn't mean the settings, i mean't downloading the thing up in general, but thanks anyway

2 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

...nerdy shit, eh? I think you want that source port

3D2F70CB-5A11-47D7-A673-8C0C1D2BCF52.png

This picture is AWESOME!!

58 minutes ago, prfunky said:

This picture is AWESOME!!

theres no way you just gave me the lilith.pk3 treatment 😭

Edited by cvnts : responded to the wrong person (im such a retard)

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

theres no way you just gave me the lilith.pk3 treatment 😭

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

I'm dying lmao

I'm pretty sure if you're getting confused by this "nerdy shit", you should take DoomKid's unadulterated advice altogether. 

6 hours ago, Andromeda said:

There's literally a link to the windows binaries near the start of the README. Here it is anyway:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KMU1dY0HZrY5h2EyPzxxXuyH8DunAJV_

If OP is using a Windows computer, then I think Andromeda is correct that OP's issue is that they did the fully reasonable thing of checking the "releases" on DSDA-Doom's GitHub page, but did not find a .zip file or an executable there, because Kraflab only puts the source code in the Releases section, not any executables. If this is the case, OP, then follow the link in Andromeda's post, download the file there (Google Drive may take a while to acknowledge your request), and then unzip it to a folder of your choice using a program like 7-Zip. In the future, you should be able to find the relevant link right near the top of the README.md section of the GitHub page, emphases mine:

Spoiler

This is a successor of prboom+ with many new features, including:

• Heretic, Hexen, MBF21, Doom-in-Hexen, UDMF, and MAPINFO support
  • In-game console and scripting
  • Full controller support
  • Palette-based opengl renderer
  • Debugging features for testing
  • Strict mode for speedrunning
  • Various quality of life improvements
  • Advanced tools for TASing
  • Rewind

Download windows releases here.

Alternatively, OP may be using a Mac rather than a Windows computer. In that case, they may need to follow the compilation instructions in the source code. I'm not familiar with how DSDA-Doom handles MacOS releases, if at all.

Yeah, I was halfway down the road of teaching myself to compile code when the link in the readme started working again.  I think it got slammed when Eviternity 2 released and I couldn't get the link to actually download anything for a couple days.

5 hours ago, Mr. Alexander said:

If OP is using a Windows computer, then I think Andromeda is correct that OP's issue is that they did the fully reasonable thing of checking the "releases" on DSDA-Doom's GitHub page, but did not find a .zip file or an executable there, because Kraflab only puts the source code in the Releases section, not any executables.

Yeah I assumed OP was on 64-bit Windows since they just started blasting about "nerdy shit" :P (for 32-bit Windows use the build @smeghammer linked - @Ramon_Demestre usually provides them a bit after each release).

5 hours ago, Mr. Alexander said:

Alternatively, OP may be using a Mac rather than a Windows computer. In that case, they may need to follow the compilation instructions in the source code. I'm not familiar with how DSDA-Doom handles MacOS releases, if at all. 

Looks like Mac releases come bundled with dsda-launcher:

https://github.com/Pedro-Beirao/dsda-launcher/releases

4 hours ago, faceplant641 said:

Yeah, I was halfway down the road of teaching myself to compile code when the link in the readme started working again.  I think it got slammed when Eviternity 2 released and I couldn't get the link to actually download anything for a couple days.

I believe that the link just takes a while to start downloading (apparently Google Drive checks for viruses before each download which I find a bit overkill, but better safe than sorry I guess), so that might be what happened. I didn't try downloading it when Eviternity II launched however.