Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsareppsun

what do ya'll think will make a intense DooM 3 ending?

Reflecting back on some of the cool games I've played over the years, only a very small few ever left a good enough impression on me that left my heart stuck in my throat, my eyes wide, panting with astonishment and saying "DAMN" Now that was a HELL of a intense Ending!! Well, we all know how the classic dooms ended. We can't help but WONDER or even try to ANTISAPATE how the latest doom gonna end. Will it end like the classic? Will it end in CLIFFHANGERS?(like the novels) Or will it just "END"? with no sequel intended?

I started thinking several ways for doom3 to end in a intense way so the player would put under extreme pressure, not only he'll be fighting against a horrific SUB/FINAL BOSS monster, but also be fighting against time! Also he'll have to solve crucial puzzle oriented problems along the way. I came up with 3 but I'm just gonna post this one.

The Demons were planning to take MARS and it's moons and pull it into the dimensional wormhole(meaning HELL!) And of coarse you're going through the whole game trying to prevent that.So reflecting back on my "The THING" idea I wrote about ways back, that the final boss can morph into several different shapes everytime you land a telling blow on it's body (*Of coarse nobody knows where's the hotspot is, you have to figure that on your own) After you damage the boss monster bad enough, a scripted sequence will happen, the boss would kinda like rip into two parts, so borrowing a scene from "THE THING", the dog pen scene, after the dog changed and the crew came down to investigate the ruckuss, the thing ripped itself into two parts as one half escaped the area by growing a set of long arms, ripped through the ceilling and climed out while the other half stayed and confronted the crew. I thought that would play extremely well in a game like DOOM3! After the other half of the final boss gets away, a earthquake shakes the area your fighting in. And the warning sirines starts going crazy all over the station. And a unisex,
machine voice would come on warning, "A CRUCIAL ENERGY VAIN HAS BEEN RUPTURED, THIS STATION IS NOW IN DANGER OF A NUCLEAR MELTDOWN, PLEASE STOP WHAT YOUR DOING AND LEAVE NOW AND GET TO THE NEAREST DOCKING BAY AND EVACUATE THIS STATION. YOU HAVE SO-AND-SO TIME REMAINING TO EVACUATE THIS STATION!" So after finishing off the other half of the boss, Now you have to get off the station, and the clock has already started ticking while you where still fighting. But to get to the nearest route you have to quickly solve a few puzzles or you just have go the much longer route. Let's just say you solved the puzzle and your now running like hell to get to the docking bay, as your heading down the last strectch of the main corridor, the other half the final boss crashes through the wall and completly blocks your pathway to the D-Bay. Now you have to battle the other half of the boss while the clock is ticking against you. You can either try to somehow get past the monster by avoiding it, but the boss would try to make that as difficult as possible, and it will chase after you and not make it easy to get inside the ships anyway. If you make it to the ships and get away, You survive. If you fail you go supernova with spacestation/and get pulled through wormhole. Just remember, DOOM isn't a game about you saving the universe and everyone lives happy ever after. It's about everthing all around you collapses and starts going straight to HELL and you fighting your damnest best not to be swollowed up along with it. You can't save anybody or stop what's happening. It all about PURE SURVIVAL!! This is what I refer to being an intense finally and putting the player under EXTREME PRESSURE!!

Well this is how I like to see it, If any of ya'll have your own version how you like to see and experience Doom3 ending, please write up!, I'd want to read any of ya'll ideas.

After all their struggles, the Demons give up with the conflict on Mars and peacefully obtain a permit to open a falafel chain on earth.

tsareppsun said:

Also he'll have to solve crucial puzzle oriented problems along the way.

Ummmm no. It's Doom, ya know, where you blow shit up? Not where you call Watson to help with the murder case. No puzzles. Period.

The_Aeromaster said:

[have you ever played doom? there's lots of puzzles in the old dooms]

I know, I know, but I was thinking alittle more near the styles of the Resident Evil series.

I would be happy with a big f**k-off fight where they know who, where, what you are and what you're up to, so they converge on you (or misguide you into hell) and ambush you and simply force you to fight, make a last stand, and hopefully you get kill them all.
I don't want a scene where you have to reload it a million times and by chance you survive. It's gotta be maybe a sprint to the end where say the gate is closing forever and you gotta run as fast as you can while being chased/intercepted by the hoards and make it back to mars.

What would be cool is if this scene is recorded from third person view and you get to see it at the end. Sit back, wipe the sweat from your brow and watch how you kicked ass.

Cool

Ending eh?

Beating off an army of monsters, including a hideous lurching mechaspider so detailed you can smell the rotting braintissue, finding a working portal to earth, and racing through it, only to find death and devastation, and a rabbit's head on a stick. Attaching the rabbit's head to your belt, you prime your shotgun and go in... cue credits over scenes of devastation and/or John Carmack cursing the lamers who downloaded the alpha.

No computerized countdowns to nuclear meltdowns, please, that gets annoying after seeing it in 2398570134 games/movies/etc. ;)

But basically, an all-out brawl where, finally realizing your threat, the demons lure you into a trap, and you have to fight your way out; then you have to make it through the final gate before it closes and traps you in Hell forever.

And just when you think you're safe at home... Spider Mastermind time! (or something similar :)

Although if the PC Gamer magazine article I saw was accurate, the final boss will probably involve that currently-mysterious Dr. Bertruger character, in which case the scenario would more likely be destroying the Spider Mastermind first, then going through the gate and encountering Dr. Bertruger as some sort of altered, mutated being, who begins summoning demons after you; so you have to destroy him (and whatever gate machine he may have) before the area gets flooded with demons, a la Icon of Sin.

A good ending would be when you're about to be killed by a hellknight then Mel Gibson turns up to shoot it, then disappears.

Seriously though this isn't really the sort of thing i'd wanna discuss. I want to be surprised or something.

Shoot at Romero's head on a stick until he dies, then rip Keen's body appart.

Find a secret room with a cyberdemos and 2 chicks, dance until your character lifts his arms and turns into stone.

-need some coffee-

Alboroto said:

...Find a secret room with a cyberdemos and 2 chicks, dance until your character lifts his arms and turns into stone.

I thought you were going to incorporate some impsecs for a second there... False alarm.

Well, I hope he makes it into the flaming castle, stops the Koopa Kids and then fixes King Koopa himself. Then he'll get a peck on the cheek from pri... Oh, wait. Wrong game.

I hope they come up with an ending in which it's possible to walk around the ruined base, looking back at the devastation, realising what has happened. I don't want a quick end. Maybe it would be cool to have a last level in which you can do what I just said, and a little talking to survivers.

You'll beat it all,
but then,
through a portal,
Your early 90's, Sprite Self, will enter and you will have to deathmatch him.
To the Death!

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:D

...But then before you kill him he joins your team and you can then play the game as the Sprite Doom Marine, or with the Sprite Doom Marine as a helper. :D

Ubik said:
Although if the PC Gamer magazine article I saw was accurate, the final boss will probably involve that currently-mysterious Dr. Bertruger character, in which case the scenario would more likely be destroying the Spider Mastermind first, then going through the gate and encountering Dr. Bertruger as some sort of altered, mutated being, who begins summoning demons after you; so you have to destroy him (and whatever gate machine he may have) before the area gets flooded with demons, a la Icon of Sin.

Sounds like a pretty crappy ending if you ask me. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to spend the entire game facing hideous demons only to realize that the final boss is some pissy little mutated human. That right there would ruin it for me. I wouldn't mind if Bertruger was there (I would be happier if he wasn't, though), but the last boss had better be a demon of some sort, ya know?

Job said:
Well, I hope he makes it into the flaming castle, stops the Koopa Kids and then fixes King Koopa himself. Then he'll get a peck on the cheek from pri... Oh, wait. Wrong game.

No way, dude, the ending is in another castle.

DOOM Anomaly said:

You'll beat it all,
but then,
through a portal,
Your early 90's, Sprite Self, will enter and you will have to deathmatch him.
To the Death!

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:D

There should be a hidden room with the original sprite enemies as an easter egg.

EllipsusD said:

Sounds like a pretty crappy ending if you ask me. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to spend the entire game facing hideous demons only to realize that the final boss is some pissy little mutated human. That right there would ruin it for me. I wouldn't mind if Bertruger was there (I would be happier if he wasn't, though), but the last boss had better be a demon of some sort, ya know?

I agree. You should have to deal with the evil scientist while you are in hell. Maybe instead of killing him, you get the demons pissed at him for failing (when you find some way of closing the gate) and then you leave him in Hell when you escape. Then they can do with him what they wish. Then as you escape through the gate, the head demon, whatever it will be in this game, follows you through (if you want it done right, do it yourself) and intends to wreak havoc.

i'm all for that... i'm just saying if they do have one, i don't care, as long as they don't have killing the evil scientist as the very LAST thing you do

The_Aeromaster said:

I agree. You should have to deal with the evil scientist while you are in hell. Maybe instead of killing him, you get the demons pissed at him for failing (when you find some way of closing the gate) and then you leave him in Hell when you escape. Then they can do with him what they wish. Then as you escape through the gate, the head demon, whatever it will be in this game, follows you through (if you want it done right, do it yourself) and intends to wreak havoc.

That actually kinda sounds like a better idea. Maybe a minor boss fight with him midway through the game (in Hell), after which the demons decide to punish him eternally for fucking up. I was just throwing around ideas, really.