Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GameArena

FreeWare Doom Based Game?

I'm thinking about starting a freeware game based on the Doom 2 engine as I wait for requests and maps for "World of War". Mainly because I want to code more :) . But I was going to make a singleplayer only RPG, kind of like Diablo/Baldurs Gate in first person. With an unlimitted number of levels and room for 1000's of weapons/potions/armor/ etc. It would allow the player to only continue the character he starts (saving it when the player exits). The player would have mana, experience points, predefined level ups, and a bunch more options. But I'd need some great artists and possibly a couple more coders to help me out (just to cut down on time). Anyone interested?

I'm not aiming to high, I can easily do the coding job. Mappers, will be easy to find. And if I have to I'll just use a md2 to sprite converter :\

Don't join the "hall of unfinished projects".
I think you should fogus on WoW.

GameArena said:

With an unlimitted number of levels and room for 1000's of weapons/potions/armor/ etc

Ask to use SLIGE for this.

Torn said:

Don't join the "hall of unfinished projects".
I think you should fogus on WoW.

yeah, "World of War" sounds freaking great! but if you try to do too much, then either one or both projects might not turn out well, if at all, and i know we all would hate to see that happen :(

GameArena said:

Because I want to do a lot of new things as well. And I've already started on them :\

finish one thing at a time, or you'll never finish anything. the last thing this community needs is more ralphii :P

GameArena said:

Mappers, will be easy to find.

Famous last words ;)

Bah now I really need a good coder, I'm getting nowhere with the pickup system. If you have good coding skills speak up :\