Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rotting Corpse

Fave horror movie monster.

Lizardcommando said:

I second that. :p

True, in the 50s kids would get scared shitless of their parents. (at ALL times)

Hmm...either Alien/Aliens, or the house in The Amityville Horror. Or, while he isn't scary (but, his movie was originally supposed to be a horror), Godzilla.

Job said:

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I thought that the young girl from "The Ring" was pretty creepy.

i will agree, i tend to agree in this equation [children + evil = fucking creepy] though i though she looked a bit like a younger Alice from AMA. also the creatures spawned in the movie In the mouth of madness were cool, that movie also reminds me of silenthill.

also, though not really a creature or monster, the ship from event horizon.

as for games. pyramid head from SH2 and the resident evil zombies

TeamKill said:

Hmm...either Alien/Aliens, or the house in The Amityville Horror. Or, while he isn't scary (but, his movie was originally supposed to be a horror), Godzilla.

Ailien/Aliens and Gozdilla were more like action-horror with a bit mor emphasis on the action. Well, maybe Godzilla anyway. :P

Tom Hanks

Rotting Corpse said:

I love the charicter that Dani Filth[singer for cradle of filth]playes in cradle of fear.

I really need to get that. I hear it's fucking excellent.

Ravage mentioned Frankenhooker --one of the raddest movies ever.

ravage - Your avatar looks nice, but it's hideous in Post Hell, heheh.

Ichor said:

ravage - Your avatar looks nice, but it's hideous in Post Hell, heheh.

Heh, yeah I noticed. Ain't I a stinker?

i think the goblins from 'troll 2' (which features no trolls at all, only goblins) are scary as fuck. and i third the 'cradle of fear' and 'frankenhooker' votes.

also. the vampiric version of sex machine in 'from dusk 'til dawn' is the last bastard i'd want to fuck with.

Mary Poppins. Definitely the scariest monster ever...

Seriously, though. Pennywise is fucking scary, but I think Samara from the Ring is the freakiest. I still get chills, even after watching the ending part (in both the Ring and Ringu) countless times.

ravage said:

Ailien/Aliens and Gozdilla were more like action-horror with a bit mor emphasis on the action. Well, maybe Godzilla anyway. :P

Yeah, Alien/Aliens are more action-horror, but the monsters still scare the crap out of me. And Godzilla was originally made to be a straight horror-movie. Remember, it was in 1954.

elbryan42 said:

Seriously, though. Pennywise is fucking scary, but I think Samara from the Ring is the freakiest. I still get chills, even after watching the ending part (in both the Ring and Ringu) countless times.

you know, i don't get it. i watched 'the ring', because it had a pretty rad concept, but it did nothing at all for me. i was totally disappointed. so then i started checking out 'ringu', because it was supposedly much better. but it didn't do much for me either, though it had a cooler plot, with the sea goblins and telekinesis and all. so i cried and cried.

pregnant with worms said:

i think the goblins from 'troll 2' (which features no trolls at all, only goblins) are scary as fuck.

Jesus, is that the movie with nilbog milk or some crap?

elbryan42 said:

Mary Poppins. Definitely the scariest monster ever...

I was curious...which is scarier? Ringu or The Ring? I noticed that Japanese folks are way better at horror/freaky ass movies than "monster attack" movies. Plus, Fatal Frame was über-scary, so I thought the Japanese version would be scarier.

Scuba Steve said:

Jesus, is that the movie with nilbog milk or some crap?

Troll 2 is one of SA's classic movie reviews. NILBOLG!

I'd have to say The Thing from John Carpenter's version has got to be the coolest. You just never know who the fuck has been taken over. Also, that scene where the guys head falls off and becomes some kind of hideous spider horror is one of the coolest scenes in movie history.

Next up would be Pinhead and all his Cynabite pals. Not only is he the best dressed horror villain, but the Hellraiser series is the coolest fucking horror series ever (excluding the 5th movie which sucked). Then very closely comes the Alien Queen and her brood. The Xenomorphs are probably the #1 things in the universe you DON'T want to fuck with, and the Queen just kicks ass in the final scene of Aliens. Also, I have to give mad props to the ghosts of 13 Ghosts for being both eerie and cool (whoever did the costume design/makeup rules).

Job said:

I was curious...which is scarier? Ringu or The Ring? I noticed that Japanese folks are way better at horror/freaky ass movies than "monster attack" movies. Plus, Fatal Frame was über-scary, so I thought the Japanese version would be scarier.

I found "Ringu" a hell of alot scarier. Still, either of those chicks are freaky. Although, I disagree with the monster attack movies, and find them better in Japan too.

Here's a few of the worst horror movie monsters:

The Brain From Planet Arus
The Stuff
Bela Legosi's replacement in Plan 9 From Outer Space

The Ring or Ringu? The Ring uses more classic horror movie stuff (bright flashes, quick movements, etc), Ringu uses more atmospheric stuff (like spending the entire last day draining the well). I prefer the Ring, partly because Naomi Watts is fucking hot, and Samara scenes in the hospital are great.

The end of The Ring totally freaked the living dick out of me... one of the best films I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, my fav. movie monster is Bruce the Shark from Jaws. He rules.

Rotting Corpse said:

{Pennywise voice}Well all float down here billy and you will too.[Pennywise voice]

I must be the only kid that was never scared of that movie. I was 6 when I watched it.

Omg, I love that movie serie (but part2 sucks a bit, part 1 is best :P)

bi-bi-bi-billy boy!

The second part wasnt that great.I hated the whole spider thing.Pinny Wise is the dead lights not a spider.I all way thought those ballons are peoples souls.

Something scarier than Pennywise? Think about it, Tim Curry, who plays Pennywise, also plays the villian in Loaded Weapon...

"VILDERNESS GIRLS!"

Another monster I always found freaky is the one from Critters. It could be that I watched it when I was 5-10 years old...

Melfice Darkmage said:

IMO, "Scary Movies" don't exist anymore

Yeah, not many people get scared of these sorts of things these days

elbryan42 said:

Another monster I always found freaky is the one from Critters. It could be that I watched it when I was 5-10 years old...

I remember Critters :D. I must have watched it in 1993

Rotting Corpse said:

Crittters are those little furry monsters with huge fangs right.

Yup. They kinda look like mini gorillas IMO. IIRC one of them goes uh oh before the ship blows up.

One of things isnt scary cuz you can stomp on them.The thing thay makes them scary is they attack in huge numbers.There like killer bees they swarm ya.

Anyone here: Do these two criteria apply to you?
1.) Own (or have access to) a PS2 or Xbox
2.) Like to be scared shitless?