• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Galaxy_Stranger

ZDoom multiplayer at the command line.

It's as simple as this, isn't it?:

On the host: zdoom -host 2
On the new plyaer: zdoom -join <hostIP>

How do you specify a port on a ZDoom "server"?

I'm able to connect over a lan with a router, but it dies stating "tried to transmit to another node" - what's wrong??

How do you specify a port on a ZDoom "server"?

You generally do not need to change the port for solving problems, you just need to forward/allow it on whatever might block it (firewall/router/proxy...). If you want to change the port anyways, use -port #. The default port ZDoom uses is 5029 (UDP).

Ok. I downloaded the newest version of ZDoom, and I'm still not connecting. I'm getting this error message: "PreGet: ECONNRESET"

My host is: zdoom -host 2
My node is: zdoom -join 192.168.1.148 -port 3000

what am I doing wrong?

I think you're missing -port 3000 for the host. You cannot let the clients connect to port 3000 at an address if the server doesnt host on port 3000 at that address :)

But like I said above, if you're having connection problems, its not the hosting/connecting port that you need to change. Hosting at the default port should work perfectly. If it doesnt, go by all firewalls, routers, etc, on the path from client to server and make sure they are configured correctly to allow the game to connect through it. If you dont know how to configure them,... ask someone who does (or just dont install enquipment you cant handle, hehe :P ).

EDIT: Oh damn, just posted while you did... does it work all right now?