Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marine_Eliminator

Favorite Demon Death....

All the demons, when finally shot to death, fall apart different ways. What is everyones favorite way a demon dies? I personally like the Mancubus's, it like melts blood... AWESOME/GROSS!!!!

Archvile's rules. Since he's such a bitch, you're glad to see him die. Second, he makes a great noise when he does. >:D

Spider Mastermind taken out big style close up by a BFG, or chaingunner gibbed.

Arachnotron - The sound alone makes this one of the best. I like killing them with the super shotgun.

Cyberdemon - The satisfaction of seeing this thing go BOOM!

Heresiarch - His clothes and outer skin falls to the ground, then his skeleton disintegrates. Also, those orbs orbiting over his head will scatter and each turn into huge hazards, causing even more damage than the barrels from Doom when they explode.

Maulotaur - Same as the Cyberdemon, but they sometimes leave items behind.

Reiver - I like the normal death a lot more than the extreme one. First it goes almost completely red, then just falls apart.

Afrit - Splat! It's especially satisfying when using the fighter's axe.

Ichor said:

Heresiarch - His clothes and outer skin falls to the ground, then his skeleton disintegrates. Also, those orbs orbiting over his head will scatter and each turn into huge hazards, causing even more damage than the barrels from Doom when they explode.

Reiver - I like the normal death a lot more than the extreme one. First it goes almost completely red, then just falls apart.

Afrits also make that satisfying *SPLAT* when they hit the ground too. :) Oh, and gibbing anything in a 'doom' game is fun. >:)

Hmmm......

CyberDemon - ARRRGGHHH BOOM!!!!!!111 Nuff said, kthx bye. :P
Spider Mastermind - Explodes, then collapses to the ground in a violent, exploding, bloody mess.
Baron of Hell - Lets out that death bellow, then splits in half.
Knight of Hell - See above.
Imp - Urrggghhh! Hits the ground in a bloody mess.

the cacodemon is where it's at, i'd say.

Seeing the Cacodemon deflate to ground in a goo-spilling display of internal organ rupturing is both disgusting and enthralling.

Mancubus. If you listen closely you can hear his sickening girth slap the floor on the way down.

Most unsatisfying: lost soul, human trooper/shotgunner and John Romero.

i like how the baron gracefully falls apart myself.. arachnotrons and cacodemons deaths are also rather entertaining

Hell, I like 'em all :) But the highlights definetely have to be:

Arachnotron: Both the dying noise and the way it falls to pieces;
Arch-Vile: One of the best dying noises in any game ever;
Cyberdemon: It's REALLY hard to feel anything more satisfying than that final snarl and KABOOM, and then being left with nothing more than a couple foot stumps :)
Spider Mastermind: The way it collpases into a pile of jagged metal and splattered blood and brain matter... priceless!
Cacodemon: Probably my favorite of them :) The way it deflates and ruptures and spills its guts everywhere is magnificent!
Baron of Hell: Not only does he split right in half and spill blood everywhere, he lets out this awesome modulated roar;
Mancubus: The bastard just fucking melts, and you get to see his insides pretty vividly (I love the little green eyeballs hanging out of the brain!).

Some of JDoom's MD2 models caputure the deaths pretty well (the Cacodemon in general was executed FANTASTICALLY), but they just can't beat the DOOM originals. :)

Im caught between the deflation and death sound of the cacodemon, and the comical fall of the imp.

I suppose the Spiderdemon, I like the way that sharp piece of metal tears the brain.

The hanged Keen's death is kinda amusing too.

And if we're going to include Heretic & Hexen monsters, the gibbing deaths of the Ettin and Centaur, as their arms and such fly off as they burst open.

The best death sound is the Archvile and Arachnotron

The best death is the Cacodemon, gotta love that mess that spills out.

OK, now this is messed up. I was just playing E3M8, and I once again beat the Spider Mastermind. But instead of the SMM's normal death sequence, it actually froze and exploded. Maybe it's because I upgraded to 43.cab yesterday, but I swear this actually happened.

DooMBoy said:

OK, now this is messed up. I was just playing E3M8, and I once again beat the Spider Mastermind. But instead of the SMM's normal death sequence, it actually froze and exploded. Maybe it's because I upgraded to 43.cab yesterday, but I swear this actually happened.

Teh f-ck? You mean like the frozen death in Hexen with the ice shards?

Ichor said:

Arachnotron - The sound alone makes this one of the best. I like killing them with the super shotgun.

Yep i also like see the cultist in blood run around screem when hey are on fire.
I never have a stick and mashmellos handy.

D'Sparil's death is pretty cool.

The cacodemon death while accompanied by the sound from Beavis.wad ("whoa, his brains fell out!") is nice.

Telefragging a cyberdemon is fun, especially when you're not expecting it. You wonder why you can't move, and where that cybie was that you were expecting to encounter. Then you see the red mush all around and realize the happy truth.

Any death with air gibs is good. I remember one where I blasted a trooper with a BFG at point-blank range, and the gibs flew a fair distance across the room and then bounced before coming to their final resting place.

It's cool if a monster dies in a place (generally a narrow passageway with a stepped floor) where the corpse doesn't come to rest, but keeps on bouncing to and fro across the floor. IIRC, there was an area in Dark7 where that tended to happen quite often.

Also, with a caco, you can blast them a great distance if you back up a good ways and then run at them while charging your BFG. Just time it so that right before the blast comes out, you collide with the caco, and they'll go flying. >:D Actually, it works with most Doom demons, but goes best with the caco. In fact, you can even drive them a distance with just a pistol if you charge at them while firing -- kinda fun to do.

Draconio said:

Teh f-ck? You mean like the frozen death in Hexen with the ice shards?

Exactly. It was pretty f'ed up.

Job said:

In fact, you can even drive them a distance with just a pistol if you charge at them while firing -- kinda fun to do.

It's surprising how much you can push the monsters around - sometimes even without firing. You see this quite often in pacifist demos, and AFAIK it is essential to do E3M1 and E3M9 pacifist.

Grazza said:

It's surprising how much you can push the monsters around - sometimes even without firing. You see this quite often in pacifist demos, and AFAIK it is essential to do E3M1 and E3M9 pacifist.

It's not really pushing. More like restricting the monster's movement so he can only move away from you.

One of the best things about D'Sparil's death is that it kills every other monster in the map, no matter what it is. However, it does get a bit odd if you put in more than one D'Sparil in a map, especially three or more.

Oh yeah, how could I forgot about ROTT? Ludicrous gibs (and the /EKG cheat code) is by far the messiest and most fun enemy death there is. A close second would be the fiery death caused by the Firewall gun.

By the way, you can kill yourself with that thing.

I like the baron's death sound best, but the demon getting his brain smeared and then hitting the ground with a thump is the best sound/animation ever. I never get tired of that hehe

Chaingunner has the coolest death animation IMO, the way the side of his head gets blown of.
Coolest sound would be arachnotron:D

I dont think that the Mancubus melts or any thing like that.Its more like thay fall in to them selfs.When there stomic hits the ground there skeltan is still falling.

DaJuice said:

Chaingunner has the coolest death animation IMO, the way the side of his head gets blown of.
Coolest sound would be arachnotron:D

Well, that SMM death thingy is still happening to me. Very cool, but very weird o_O
Aaaaanway, I'd have to say that Arachnotron has a very cool death sequence: Its head sort of splits open, and its legs collapse. Very violent, very cool.