Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lavarn

WINDEU question

Yeah I'm pretty much an amateur at doom editing so don't make fun of me (too much) if this question is stupid or obvious.

I use WINTEX to add sprites and textures to my wads and it works perfectly. The problem is whenever I use WINDEU to edit the wad and save it (under the same name), WINDEU seems to automatically delete all the sprites and textures that I previously had in my wad. So basically everytime I change something, I have to add all the stuff in again...and it's really annoying.

Does anyone know if this is the case for all editors (can only add sprites and textures after the rest of the wad is finished)? Or is it a problem with WINDEU? Or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

This is a known problem with WinDEU and maybe some other old editors too.

To get around it you can either switch to a modern editor or create one wad file that has the textures and another one that has the level data. Open them both in WinDEU to see the new textures.

Lavarn said:

Does anyone know if this is the case for all editors (can only add sprites and textures after the rest of the wad is finished)?

As Pate has pointed out, there are many other editors where this is not a problem. If you wish to keep using WinDEU (which btw, was my first editor) then create a separate file for your graphic and other lumps, and merge that file with your map file when you're done with everything. But Pate already beat me to the punch with that info too.

So if I want to test my wad with the new textures and sprites in it I have to load all the stuff in it (even though they will all get deleted next time I make a change)? Or is there some way to load one wad file with the levels and a second wad file with texture and sprite information and use them both at once in zdoom? (Somehow I doubt it)

Never mind I'm dumb...

I was doing
zdoom -file wad1.wad -file wad2.wad instead of
zdoom -file wad1.wad wad2.wad

Thanks for help anyways.