Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Descent Into Hell - The Hub, released!

Yup, finally, its ready. This one is larger, more complex and harder than either of the first two and features fluid gameplay - meaning that if two different people play it, it won't play exactly the same for either person or the same for a person twice in a row. I put a ton of hours into the gameplay and lighting especially. For those who like maps with detailed lighting, you'll love this one. I tweaked this one specifically for UV so expect a fight and a couple of secrets. One last word of advice - conserve your ammo! You can find screenpics, downloads, etc...here!
If you didn't play the first two maps you don't need them. I also released it on its own (slightly different mixture of ammo, etc...) as a map called "The Hub" I also made just map3 available for those who DO have the first two. One last thing - there is a 4th download available which is a complete music wad replacement for the game and is the one I've been using for the Descent Project. Enjoy!

good map. Excellent lighting. A little low ammo perhaps, but it was doable. Only thing I really disliked was the fullbright goggles that ruined the nice mood in a large portion of the map.

I don't know what I was thinking anyway. There had been a rocket launcher there for the release that doesn't go with the megawad and I replaced it with the goggles and I didn't take into consideration what that would do to the lighting I worked so hard on. So, now they're gone. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
:-)

Thats why I released it separately as "The Hub". So,if you want to play from scratch - just get that one. It has the rl and the textures and isn't dependent on the rest of the megawad for play.
:-)