Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Scythe Megawad

Erik Alm has notified me over IRC about his new megawad, released just today, entitled Scythe. This 32-level set "focuses on small fun maps to blast through without much thought about defense." Difficulty increases as you go along. As always, read the text file before you play it for pertinent information. Oh yeah, you can download it from Erik Alm's page.

Sorry to sound like an asshole but:

map08: Red key gettable prematurely.

map10: Misalignments right at the entrance. Shouldn't the exit area (with the Romero's head) have endlevel slime floor?

Little Faith said:

Sorry to sound like an asshole but:

map08: Red key gettable prematurely.

map10: Misalignments right at the entrance. Shouldn't the exit area (with the Romero's head) have endlevel slime floor?

map08: consider it a speedrun trick

map10: congrats, you're the first person to actually turn around at the start and noticed that. :)

Little Faith said:

How the hell am I supposed to exit level 10?

Sure the head dies, but so do I and i just restart.

"As always, read the text file before you play it for pertinent information"

On another note, make sure you read the entire news post to get the message about reading the text file. :)

It says you will be stripped of your weapons every 10 maps (making for more of an episode structure). You're supposed to die and wait for the intermission screen to move on to map11, so, on that note, use your weapons while you have them. :P

Bloodshedder said:

"focuses on small fun maps to blast through without much thought about defense."

Goodie! I'll start downloading.

From what I've seen so far this is good shit. Starts quite easy, and I like the way it gradually introduces the different weapons and monsters. Too many megawads give them all to you within the first few levels. That's not to say it doesn't get hard (idclev26...)

Vile said:

map10: congrats, you're the first person to actually turn around at the start and noticed that. :)

Searching the entrance door for secrets has become a reflex for me.

I just played through the first five or six maps... good stuff :D It manages to maintain a great deal of variety and innovation despite the small size of the maps (which are a really refreshing change, I must say!).

I'm gonna be occupied with this one for a while ;D

Hey, for some reason, the second sky texture is not working. I'm playing using the latest Zdoom beta. Anyone else having similar problems? Other than that, it's an awesome megawad, and I've been having a blast.

Little Faith said:

has anyone played a megawad that DOESN'T have a texture misalignment somewhere? :P

I am aware that there are some texture misalignments that slipped through. I hope you can enjoy the wad despite a few such glitches :P I'll have to look into this zdoom ep2 sky issue though...

Little Faith said:

How the hell am I supposed to exit level 10?

Sure the head dies, but so do I and i just restart.

maybe I wasn't clear enough about this in the txt. Yes you die, just wait a couple of seconds and the map will exit and you start the following level with 100% health and a pistol. The same thing will (surprise,surprise) happen on map20.

The Flange Peddler said:

Can anyone do map 28 starting from scratch on UV?

as far as I can tell it would require running over 2 linedefs.... I got over the first one, but not the second. =/

you can complete the map without killing every monster just by running to the exit in below 33 sec or so (timer starts when you enter the first stairway). To get 100% kills it would help a lot to skip the first linedef, then clear the first room and run to the exit with a blazing bfg/rockets.

You gotta finish the map in under 35 seconds or so, assuming you passed over those linedefs fairly quickly. Just like any individual speedrun, you'll get faster through repetition, so keep trying! :)

The Flange Peddler said:

Can anyone do map 28 starting from scratch on UV?

It's pretty easy if you play it in Legacy. :P

I guess still my map was too bad for scythe... :/

Pacifist of map26 1:20/1:22