Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marine_Eliminator

When you first met the Cyber Demon...

This thread was only two days old before his reply.

I have read the rules and one of them is to not bump up old threads, this is not an old thread, anyway how very nice to meet you.

How old does a thread have to be before it's classified as "Too Old"?

I don't really remember encountering a Cybie for the 1st time EVER, but it was in Doom 64. When I saw Cybies in that game, it was less scary.

When PC Doom came back into my life in '98, I was to scared to even look at the Cyberdemon. Eventually I faced my fear and won.

My little encounter with the Cyberdemon went something more like this, I'm playing Doom 2 at my aunts house. Yes, Doom 2 was the first time I saw one, on Tricks And Traps. I saw all these Barons Of Hell, I thought HE was a Baron too (I didn't pay attention, I was too busy firing rockets) After all the front row was dead I saw a rocket fly past my head and I said (outloud) "What the fuck?!" with my father sitting right there. Turn a little to the left and there is this ten foot tall robotic Baron standing there firing rockets at me. I think we all knew what happened next.
I wasn't in awe at all, he didn't look scary at all to me. Of course the atmosphere of TAT is diffrent from TOB

At this point (and after being smacked by my father for swearing) I was a little pissed, so I went back to the level, typed "IDKFA", and BFGed that fucker.

Later on I would play the level normaly and actualy beat him normal using the rockets and plasma rifle.

Later on when I play Tower Of Bable I recongized his sounds and grinned because I already knew how to fight the asshole...

By the way, you can get a plasma rifle in Episode 2 if you didn't know, you can get one on the first level. :P

I was 10, or 9 when I first met Cyberdemon in the TOwer of Babel. When I heard his footsteps I tried to ran back to the start area, but IT WAS CLOSED! Oh, no!

So I typed IDSPISPOPD quickly and stepped inta a wall, so I could observe Cyber. Damn I was so scared of him, that I kept hiding for svereal minutes, an then I swithced to Inferno, cos Spider demon was not so scary at all :)

my reaction: CYBERDEMON:ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR(whik thum whick thum PUH WOOSH ME: Dodge, Cyberdemon:Whip thum whip thum puh woosh ME: Blam blam blam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he isn't even getting hurt!! CYBERDEMON: PUH WOOSH PUH WOOSH PUH WOOSH ME:(and doomguy) AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (chair falls backwards and I'm shaking) I was ten years old then.

The first time you meet a Cyberdemon has got to be the most frightening moment in any game ever.. First time I met him.. Tower of babel.. Opened 1 door and shot a lost soul.. went to go out another door and he was there.. i jumped out of my seat and he shot me... Took me ages to beat him without IDDQD as I wasnt to good at strafing..

Map 21 Gotcha! on Doom2.

I was like whoa how do I beat those two and my uncle explained you have to get the Spiderdemon to fight the Cyberdemon

I'm pretty sure my first encounter was in Tricks & Traps as well, but I don't really remember all too well. O_o He did indeed scare the pants off me, of course. :)

Skunkboy Kyle said:

By the way, you can get a plasma rifle in Episode 2 if you didn't know, you can get one on the first level. :P

Heh. Bump.

I thought I was having deja vu when I started reading this thread (I posted in it like 5 months ago)

Anyway, how do you get the plasma rifle?

How do you get the Plasma Rifle, you say.

Okay. You play up until the part where the little thing comes up and you hit the red switches. Hit them both and go back through the teleporter you came in from. Go all the way back to where you found the blue key. There are a few demons, but in the corner lies the Plasma Rifle.

i wasn't afraid when i saw cybie cause i have already seen worst things. i was though in panic when i heard his footsteps nearing me while i was doing something. he is the coolest monster in doom. its not afraid of you at all. it also has a good tendancy of finding out your hiding place. have you ever played delcret.wad before? you will know what a game of cat and mouse is like than.

i loved the scenario of a cyber trying to hunt you out in a city (delcret.wad)

I don't clearly remember it. But I am sure I died several times, I remember that scary footstep and the frightening roar.

At that time I was still playing with a joypad and I only knew about
the Strafe On button, not about he separate strafe keys.
It was quite complex to do circle strafe but it was possible but I was getting nasty finger pains :)

Pfft, the Cyber-Demon is way too easy, one of the easiest boses ever in a game. The Spider-Mastermind is only slightly harder. All you have to do is dodge the Cyberdemon's rockets, that's it, and what makes it even easier is that his rockets are SLOW. Now, if you've played the ZDoom mod with the Cyberdemon that shoots the railgun, now THERE is a challenge.

The spider-mastermind would be a tougher enemy than the cyberdemon? Not in my opinion. The spider-mastermind is just pathetically easy to beat.

-Jk- said:

The spider-mastermind is just pathetically easy to beat.

Given nothing but bullets and an open room, I'd rather take on a Cyberdemon than a Spider Mastermind.

The difficulty of monsters depends entirely on their placement.

RottKing said:

Now, if you've played the ZDoom mod with the Cyberdemon that shoots the railgun, now THERE is a challenge.

Link please.

doomworld.com/immoralconduct

IC is the only ZDoom-based mod I personally know of that gives the Cybie a railgun. Though if you're going to try it, a word of warning:
Never stop moving. The Cyb is 100% accurate with his new toy unless you're strafing your ass off for everything it's worth, and since it's a weapons mod too, don't think you can rely on the plasma/BFG, 'cause they're not in there anymore.

edit: Whoops, forgot to stay on topic.
When I first ran into the Cyberdemon (Tower of Babel, of course), IIRC my exact words were "Wow, he's ugly." and then "Whoa, that was close." as a rocket shot by me.

I ran up to it and asked if it was my mother =P

But seriously, it was Tower of Babel and I was pretty much running away from him the entire time wondering "He's a biggun".