Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marine_Eliminator

When you first met the Cyber Demon...

The first time I ever saw the Cyberdeamon, I was a little kid, and I was cheating. Aside from the fight (standing and shooting as he pummelled my invulnerable ass into the corner in 'Tricks and Traps' and then again in 'The Pit' of Doom II), it was a shock. He was huge, noisy, and scary. Plus he fired rockets! Egad!

I'm playing through the game for the first time sans cheating (currently on Map 10 of Doom II after getting bored of Doom I) and I found the encounters frightening, lengthly, and kind of difficult. I skipped to "Tower of Babel" in Doom I (*Kisses Doom 95*) and fought him there. It was also long and hard (as all I had was Rockets after my 40 or so plasma shots), and I kept running into lost souls and then being hit by a rocket. Now... This reminds me of another thread idea...

*Runs to thread starter*

The first time can't really be counted as a confrontation. I heard him somewhere, got occupied with lost souls, and then, "KSSH KSSH KSSH!" my screen turned bright red and I gibbed with that wonderful mangled-tomato sound. Never even saw him. I did piss my pants, though.

The second time around, I decided to gun it out of the door and find him before he found me. I did. I pretty much did a faceplant into his crotch as I rounded the corner. KSSH KSSH KSSH!!

About five or so tries later, I managed to beat him. Months later I was adept enough to weave between his rocket volleys. Nowadays I enjoy taking him on with a Shotgun. We've become good friends.

The first time that i met the cyberdemon was in doom 2, Tricks and Traps. GBA version. It was creepy, beccuase he was so big, i had a hard time killing him. I was pumping rockets and a few shells into him, but to prevail. Finaly, i desided to get some demon help. I found some Barons, and made them chas me to the Cyberdemon. Then, a baron got hit, and all He double:ll broke loose, literaly! I find my way of killing the cybe, the most interesting in this thread! if i may say so my self.

I saw the bodies on the walls, etc and was like...ok, whatever.

I walked around BUT i must have gotten lucky or game had a glitch or something, as I walked the complete opposite of what turned out to be the cyber since for like 5 minutes, i never saw or heard anything. BUT, I found the room with rockets....and I was like "what the f*&k needs that much ammo to kill...the baron's aren't that tough"

Then I heart the hoof steps....and was like, oh this I gotta see.

Luckily for me, it was at a longer range, so I saw flashes which were incoming rockets, and I easily dodged. I then charged it, moving side to side unleashing every thing I had. when i got closer and saw how big it was...i started to backpedal firing. I ended up killing it without much of a problem.

I didn't have a reaction like scared BUT more like "wow...that was cool".

Sanjay

Hmmm.. I was about 5-6 at the time, so I probably don't remember correctly. I think I probably screamed.

Heh, there were quite a few times at that age where I'd get too scared of something in DooM and wouldn't play the game again for a week or two.

I used to get scared so easily..

mine first meeting was a bit spoiled since after i first played the shareware in like 93, i checked out everything i could on doom and even bought the battlebook before i had the full version, i knew it was coming but it was still unbelieveable the first time i was there....alot moreso than the spider demon anyways

I think the first time I saw the cyberdemon was in Doom2, and I had typed in idclev32 to go to the wolfenstein level. I mowed down the nazis, but when I came near the door and it opened, I was like "OMGOSH!" and being little then, I was really scared. i think what was so shocking was the size of the cyberdemon. It was freaking HUGE!

other things that scared me in doom/2 were the goat/man textures with the red eyes, and also the same one except spilling out blood. and the e2m8 splattered barons were just creepy.

Using IDCLIP and running in front of him.
2 BFG shoots and bye bye.

BTW, I met the Cyberdemon in the first time in map 6 in Plutonia...

i first saw it in Doom2. about 3 years ago. I wasnt really scared, seeing as i was 14. but i was worried cause i didnt want to die. I used the run and shoot tactic. it took me down to like 5% health before my rocket blast took it out. It is a massive beast i tell you. For fun i made a map that was just a large room filled with them. and i put on god mode and the weapon cheat. and just ran around killing them.

I met him the first time in Final Doom I got Plutonia and randomly warped to levels checking it out I met him on map24 (I think) The Final Frontier I already knew what to expect but it was neat anyway.

ToXiCFLUFF said:
There seems to be an outbreak of bumps currently underway.

Really? Perhaps you (or whatever friend or relative's got the bumps) should visit the doctor; the bumps may be the sign of a lethal affliction, you know. Or perhaps not; just some minor allegry or malady. Taking precautions is never bad, though.

I remember. Tricks and traps. I entered the room with the cyb and barons.... didn't notice cyb ( guess he blended in, and I had low detail) and I didn't notice until he started firing, when he stood out, and I said "What the heck IS that?" I wanted to run outta there, but the door locked on me. You know what happens next. Oh, and I kicked his butt.... with the help of not firing my weapon and letting the barons finish him off.

Oh shit, how am I supposed to kill this sumbitch? was basically my reaction. Took a long ass time for me to beat him. I hadn't quite gotten the whole strafing thing down by that point.

First entering the Tower of Babel I gazed upon the mutilated Baron's. Hmm, four doors! Open one and shoot the Lost Soul there! ROOOAAAARRR!! First time I heard him I ran right back into my little room and waited for something to happen...and it did! The awe-inspiring sight of the Cyberdemon lurched forth into the adjacent room and began to fire rockets into my room. Survived the first wave, screaming like a fool thinking that there was no way out...and when I finally realized that there were 3 other doors in the room...SPLAT!!

...Now it got to the point where you just want to activate God mode and just fisticuff his sorry arse!!

...so sayeth Khaoscythe!!

The Cyberdemon was easy even during my first encounter with it. I kept strafing and beat it harmlessly. The Spider is easy with the BFG but I kept getting shot and killed by the chaingun. I loaded my saved game and eventually beat it.

funny thing about spidey is that he's harder on skill 2 than on skill 4. I won't comment why, I'll let other people argue or agree...

one flaw with spider mastermind is that it's impossible to strafe around him. when you strafe, he strafes and you get hit with his chaingun.

Skeletor said about the spider mastermind:
when you strafe, he strafes and you get hit with his chaingun.

AHAHAHAHAHHAAH ... very funny :)

did you realize what you wrote ? I have never seen a spider strafe so far :)

Maybe I said it wrong....

When you strafe around him, the front image of the spider mastermind moves around with you, because it's not 3d. So when he moves around with you, you get gunned down.