Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marine_Eliminator

When you first met the Cyber Demon...

insertwackynamehere said:

Heh. That post marks a year of this thread :D

Holy shit. I remeber when this thing got put up like it was only a month or two ago.

I broke down in tears because I realized that some day, people would constantly ask me what I did when I first met him.

The first time I had met up with the CyberDemon I had only heard stories of him and how any encounters with him were cut short with a friendly rocket to the face, I was about 9 when I first fought him I had heard the deafining roar and my friend that was over was like HOLY SHIT what was that?!?! while I was trying to find out what it was, all I could hear was the zzzzK-thunk my heart was nearly pounding out of my chest my hands were trembling so bad I could barley <--Spelling?) hold on to the controller. I had found a new area that was foreign to me I thought I had heard a rocket coming from my left I turned only to have myself turned into Stewed Tomatoes me and my friend sat there in awe for 6 minutes not knowing what to do O_O;;

First time ever I met cyberdemon it wasn't really anything. I didn't even notice him 'cause my friend was plaing and with god-mode and sounds were crap pc-bleeper ones.

But when I really met him... I almost filled my pants with you-know-what-I-mean first because the mad roar and second that hooves knocking ground... I haven't still forgot that. And of course the fearsome three-rockets-firing-rate... Most fearsome enemy in whole game if I'm asked. Hardest may be maybe Arch-vile, but cyberdemon is still the most psychotic pile of muscles and metal ever created.

Only for me that have been competiting for biggest and worst enemy ever is in Half-life and Serious Sam.

Basically the reason I got Doom in the first place was because of my friend. I remember watching him play e4l8 and tower of babel, specifically. So I can't say that I was too suprised he was there. Also, one of the demos in ultamite doom had a guy playing that level, so I already knew it well enough. And I was a weak little lamer when I was a little kid and used cheats. But even after all that, the thing freaked me out. I think it was the rockets that sent me flying backwards that made me say "holy shit" - and I was like 7 or 8 at the time! In general, imagination is a wildly active thing as a little kid, so I remember specific moments of doom/wolfenstein I would not play because they were too weird or freaky. And tower of babel probably would've been one of them if I hadn't already loved episode 2 so much to want to see how it ended.

Still, I'd say that using cheats kind of ruined the experience for me.

I know, but being 6 or 7 meant that I was going to cheat either way if I knew the codes. I didn't really worry about the experience then.

The only game I have only cheated on without beating it first is Doom. I cheat now but only when testing my levels.

Same here...Doom is much better without cheats. And I do use God mode and stuff when testing my maps as well.

Alright...

This was one of the most memorable days in my playing of doom, maybe even my life!

Map 08... sighs.

Damn! Died. Damn Cacodemons! Shit! Didnt save. Just a pistol. Oh well. Whoa! Lookit all those demons... Hooray! Rocket launcher... Come'ere ya dogs! Die! Woohoo! Pull switch. Next room. Wow, what's that green orb thingy? Ill go grab it. WTF WTF WTF?!?!? a room full of Barons?!?!?!? OH SHIT!!! WHATS THAT FUCKING BEAST!?!?! Backing away... oh shit... it saw me. Rockets?!?! it shoots ROCKETS!?!?!? wha what! hah hah hah hah! It hit a baron! the barons pissed! LOL! that beast is in for it. WHAT?!? it took it down?!? wtf?!? All the other barons are shooting that thing now. woohoo! Time to get out of here... WHAT!?!? door closed on me... locked! Oookay... im just gonna hide here in the corner and wait for the barons to kill each other and that big thing. I need gunz. HOLY CRAP!!! that bitch took down ALL the barons!?!?!? SHIT!!!!

anyway... i grabbed the invulnerability orb, hit the switch and ran away. I went through the rest of the level firing only about 2 shots. The cyb took down everything between it and me. I escaped that level barely alive... 6 hp i think. great day.

(wow. reading all that i figger i sound like the doom comic doomguy... @_@)

When I saw it, I said "wow, that is the coolest looking thing I have ever seen"....then I realized I was suppose to fight it. And it was about the time he started hurling missles at me through his arm that I started to run REALLY REALLY fast the other way....then I snuck up behind him and blew him up (mind you I 'snuck up behind him' several dozen times. But then after a while of playing against him, I got bored, and I tried killing him with a pistol.....after about 2,000,000,000,000 tries, I finally did it....it was so rewarding!

I shit my pants. Then I screamed like a little girl. (And none of you want to hear that.) I switched to my Rocket Launcher and busted many a cap in his ass. Then my screen went red and I didn't hear a scream, but the sound of guts splattering on the floor.