Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
niguel

DooM III Special!!

Id Software art geniuses scanned Willits' wound which will appear on a skin in Doom 3.

Heh. Cool.

Wired makes note of the rumors floating that Doom 3 could be Carmacks last "major" work.

*prays* Please make a GBA game... Please make a GBA game...

Carmack drinks Diet Coke while programming.

NEWSFLASH: Wired Writers Run Out Of Interesting Questions To Ask John Carmack!

Lord FlatHead said:

Heh. Cool.

*prays* Please make a GBA game... Please make a GBA game...

Yes, especially as we already saw that in the legacy video! :P

Damn. The article just gave away the middle part of the storyline.

I've recently been wondering though. Should doom 3 be as scary as what they hope for? It's just i don't really recall playing the old dooms to be scared, i played it for that kick ass feel.

On second thoughts scratch that. Having played the alpha i still feel that kick-ass feel is in Doom 3 and the game has still yet to put me off a good night sleep.

BlueSonnet said:

On second thoughts scratch that. Having played the alpha i still feel that kick-ass feel is in Doom 3 and the game has still yet to put me off a good night sleep.

That's interesting, I don't really have that kick-ass feeling anymore, but I don't mind. The game is so scary and moody that I wouldn't want it any other way than that.

Shaviro said:

Yes, especially as we already saw that in the legacy video! :P

Hey, you're right !

I swear one of these days Carmack is going to get crushed by that monitor.

Lord FlatHead said:

Hey, you're right !

Ofcourse I am! :)
Disorder: Check your private messages.

Sweet corn of Christ, that thing's bigger than my TV...

"In fifth grade, Carmack went to a TRS-80 programming course."

In fifth grade, I was still working out that damned multiplication thing.

Heh, not really. By the way, while we're talking about Doom III news, here's something that you people might find interesting. Humand Head has licensed the Doom III engine.

A few weeks ago, Human Head Studios was looking for people with Quake 3 engine based experience. Now their job listing page has removed that posting with a new level design position for an unnamed project using the Doom 3 engine. Aside from Raven's previously announced Quake IV game, this is the first hint of a game that will use id Software's next generation graphics engine. When contacted by HomeLAN, Human Head's Tim Gerritsen would not comment further on what their Doom 3 engine game would be.

Source: http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=13415

Rotting Corpse said:

Your saying that cuz I odnt know what games
Human Head Made right?

OMGWTFBBQ

BlueSonnet said:

Damn. The article just gave away the middle part of the storyline.

I've recently been wondering though. Should doom 3 be as scary as what they hope for? It's just i don't really recall playing the old dooms to be scared, i played it for that kick ass feel.

I too just got to play the alpha. First time a game made me say holy shit in years. Im impressed. Whats more it runs on a 32 meg tnt2! haha

sniperfrommars1 said:

Whats more it runs on a 32 meg tnt2! haha

no shit!?!! LOL i'll have to try that when im back in the US at my old comp

Sweet Prince said:

no shit!?!! LOL i'll have to try that when im back in the US at my old comp

Yeah seriously. Its a testament to the quality of the code. ALl ive heard from other lamers is crap, but the reason the game is taking so long, is they are REALLY optimizing it. At least thats my opinion. The sounds are the best part in my opinion. Really off the hook

Really optimizing the code. Really really really optimizing it.

Even still, if you ran it on that TNT2, that in itself speaks volumes as to the quality of programming going into it.

(And it makes me want it all the more...)

The tnt 2 is a hold over. My roommate gave it to me during the time it takes me to cash my income tax check. I am currently using a pentium 4 northwood 2.8, asus p4pe black pearl, and 512 megs of pny pc2700 ddr 333 ram. Upgrading to a 9700 or 9800 soon

Lord FlatHead said:

Heh, I think a lot of the article was actually excerpts from the book.

sniperfrommars1 said:

The tnt 2 is a hold over. My roommate gave it to me during the time it takes me to cash my income tax check.

Heh. I'm investing in a laptop with mine. :)