Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elbryan42

What THE FUCK is this Doom 64 TC thing?!?!?!

It's no secret any more...

The "Top Secret" status is lifed. Check out the Doom Depot for more info.

Who says I can't give anything on my birthday? :P

Absolutely amazing. My hat goes off to you guys. You completed an act of sheer majesty. I can't get over the awesomeness of this near completed task. WOW.

I'm part of a team, and the Doom 64 TC team all deserves credit. I just do graphics, music, coordinating, and the site. Don't know a thing about mapping.

And yes, it's as fun and amazing as it looks. Kaiser (Deathman) is a mapping god. :)

The shots look amazing, I can't wait to play this. Hats off to the whole team for this amazing work.

Heh, it's your birthday Elbryan42? Awesome, mine too. How old are turning?

I'm turning 25. I'm officially old. :P

But chicks my age are at their sexual peak... I think I may go out tonight. :)

Happy Birthday back at you dude.

the_Danarchist said:

It was top secret? I thought everybody knew about it. o_O

Yes, but they held back screenshots and stuff for a while.

Oh my =^.^= .......*get's really excited*

Me need broadband. I'm definately going to download this. :D

*Goes into the forum and sees Melfices avatar*

Gimme! :-P

That reminds me. I might need an avatar change soon.

The font's a bit large, but the screens look pretty nice. I've never played Doom64 (nor do I have the means) so I'm looking forward to this TC.

elbryan42 said:

Check out the Doom Depot for more info.

Spectacular graphics work. I look forward to the TC's release.

I think we (Kaiser|Deathman, Elbryan42, Me) all actually have a new map that came from each of our minds.

The Nukage Facitilty is K|D's brainchild, Shadows Watching is Elby's, and mine is Forbidden Deeper :)

Hehehe, if we went back and did an overview of the last year of this thing, this is probably what it would look like:

April 2002- Idea was conceived, ZDoom was decided to be the port, worked on getting textures and new sprites by screenshots

May 2002- Melfice joined up with the team as a mapper, learned .acs scripting, the team continued sprite and graphics works

June 2002- Mapping started moving fastly. A few of the complete sets of sprites were complete. Melice decided to do a sequel (Dark Nexus)

July-September- Continued getting graphics and mapping

October- FirebrandX contributed map outlines, previous months activities continuted

November 2002- Found new method for getting graphics (Tile Dumping) directly from the Doom64 ROM, previous month's activities continued

December 2002- Continued Tile Dumping (takes along time), previous months activities continued

January 2003- The TC Team decided to swith ports, and go with JDoom. Scratched most old maps, as a new palette was needed, and Kaiser learned scripting for JDoom. Fredrick made the new palette. Footman figured out a solution to a player height compared to sprite height problem.

February 2003- Mapping was done, alot of work was done to get the new sprites done. Ghostpilot helped get sprites.

March 2003- More mapping, alot of sprites done.

April 2003- Doom64 TC and Elbryan42's Birthday, new forums revealed, site updated majorly.

That's just a brief summary though, alot has happened in a years time. As you can tell, we nearly had to start from scratch once we decided to switch to JDoom.

After seeing the new shots.Switching to Jdoom was a good move. Your right Melfice Darkmage. It looks like you all did take jdoom to it the max.

although from what i've seen of doom64 it sucks ass, it looks like you guys took an awful lot of time making this thing authentic to the original. keep up the good work.

looks great, i can't wait to play it... only thing i wish i thought of this before but "In the Void" definately needs a cyberdemon in it lol... it looks awesome, i'm def. grabbing this... it'll be nice to have a new doom that's actually being released