Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Absolved from All Blame

So IRC increasingly becomes the conduit through which news is passed. Some frad named Torn messaged me about something happening at the Doom Depot. Apparently their star project, the Doom 64 Absolution TC, is no longer shrouded under "Top Secret" status, marking the one-year anniversary of the TC's inception. Screenshots are now available, and all new developments will be posted to the TC's page. The project is tentatively scheduled for release in late May or early June.

This TC is going to rock, though it will be miles away from the classic Doom feel.

Visually it looks like some bastard child between Doom, Quake and Unreal, not a bad prospect. Not at all.

BTW, the pink demons own.

Wow. The majority of the levels is done, and there will be more new levels to play on top of that.

btw I'll said what Brad_tilf said: The screenies look awesome.

Maps are not all that detailed, they just look like this because of the new sprites, textures and the 32-bit colors (fog, light-sources). It's not all that awesome but looks though very nice ;)

Looking at those screens makes me want to play the TC even more. Can't wait!

Tormentor667 said:

Maps are not all that detailed, they just look like this because of the new sprites, textures and the 32-bit colors (fog, light-sources). It's not all that awesome but looks though very nice ;)

ahh the joys of deception opengl gives to doom ;)

It's not all that awesome

I'd like to see you try to convert those maps to every last little detail, totally taking JDoom to it's limits where scripting is concerned. Me and Kaiser|Deathman (why can't people just use the same user name? lol) did, can you? Heh.

Sorry about that, but that remark somewhat annoyed me.

Very very very awsome.

Keep up the good work guys.

I can't wait

I can already tell this will change how I feel about Doom64. Best luck to the team to finish it up!

Question: How close to the original events will you be able to get with the XG-Line Type Scripting (or whatever it's called)?

At first the scripting was pretty pathetic. JDoom isn't the best port to use for scripting. But the more Kaiser uses scripting, the better it gets.

Early in the project, the scripted lights, and spawning items (like the blue key puzzle in Terraformer) seemed impossible, but just recently, Kaiser got them working perfectly. :)

It's definitely sweet. It's unbelievable how close to the original game the TC has gotten. :D

AgentSpork said:

Question: How close to the original events will you be able to get with the XG-Line Type Scripting (or whatever it's called)?

many scenes can be done/reproduced, some however like fading lights are more difficult to do. since the fading light types availible from JDoom isn't that very effective/reliable.

Ah. If only it had the fadelight type of thing that legacy had. Anyway, This TC is gonna be great. The screenies, in my oppinion, look even better than the original game :P

P.S.: Happy Birthday Elbryan! :)