Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BNA!

Texture pack wishlist...

Hi!

I'm currently creating a new pack of normal maps alongside with diffuse-, specular- and heightmaps.

These will be natively Doom3 compatible and available for download around eastern (this year).
For Tenebrae you'll need to downsize or edit them otherwise.

Now, what are you starving for?

Brickwalls? Metal plates? Organic, skin like?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Note to the forum administrators:
It's no Doom3 alpha related download - only compatible as it's been in the past.

I'm not working on a Doom III map ATM, so I don't have any real specific wishes. Though, I think it would be neat to see some materials that are dramatically different from the regular metal/brick ones that are already in the game. Would you be interested in doing wood, marble or rock textures, for example ? These could be used for "Earth" maps, like many of the maps in Doom 2 had a wood motif. I'd like to see some of that in Doom III.

Wood, marble and rocks - good suggestions!

I'll include real world materials.

Any more wishes?

I've always been a sucker for the "organic" stuff in DOOM: the walls of skin and intestine, floors of skulls and pulsating flesh, and so forth. The Bosch/Gigeresque environs of DOOM need to have a place in DOOM3 as well :)

And the idea of using real-world materials like wood, marble, rock, etc. is a fantastic idea. If you do those, maybe try to do sand (e.g. the desert or the beach) and some snow and ice (Hell needs some cold areas!).

More later, maybe.

Ubik said:

If you do those, maybe try to do sand (e.g. the desert or the beach) and some snow and ice (Hell needs some cold areas!).

More later, maybe.

I did some test (thanks to PJ for pointing me into this direction) using procedural image maps as displacement maps in Lightwave to generate tiling high resolution geometry.
These worked very very good for desert style sand - ice is rather easy, but the rendering output is a matter of taste of course :)

While it's not really the topic, but vast outdoor scenes (no, not forrests) with realtime lighting and shadowing just rock big time!

the original doom textures in higher resolution (bumpmaps i mean)

thanx

hmmm what i'd realy like right now texture wise is the rest of the quake 1 textures redone in high poly like the onse you can get on the
Tenebrae site ( exept they were lazy and only did the first level)

Actually, There is a project for the rest of episode 1. It's not linked from that page though, as that project is finished. I can't remember the link for the rest of those textures.

Yeah, I wanna see the original doom textures in high res, although no doom port supports bump maps yet. These textures though, they'll work in something like tenbrae won't they?

Lord FlatHead said:

Heh. You try it.

i'm not an artist

LorD BaZTArD said:

Actually, There is a project for the rest of episode 1. It's not linked from that page though, as that project is finished. I can't remember the link for the rest of those textures.

omfg you got to find that link agen i've been trying to find some for a week now