Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Yay. I pulled it off.

Well folks, I managed to PASS my senior high project assignment!

For those who don't know... it's fairly simple. each student in my school is required to do an assignment that they need to do 100 recorded hours on. and then do a presentation. Without passing this project, high school cannot be completed.

My eventual idea was to make a map for FreeDoom and show it off. It all went well, until my bro had to reformat and I lost some work. In total, I had only 67 of the required hours done, but i still managed to BS my was through it and pass. Yay. Yay for Doom. And me. And pie. Especially pie.

/me kicks Submerge in the groin while congratulating him on his half-assed senior high project
Congrats dude!

Ultimate DooMer said:

That must be the only time you can make a DooM map and say it was for a school project....

I made a Doom level modeled after the courtroom in To Kill A Mockingbird as my final project for that book. Pretty cool, actually, for not even reading a page of that thing. Best part was that you could kill Bob Ewell (who was an imp). Well, no...the best part was that the entire class asked for an encore presentation. heh, needless to say, I got a 100% on that.

I also did a speech presentation (for Speech class) on how to make a Doom level.

Anyway, cool dude. So, do we get to try this level out?

I remember my high school project. We had to do a 15-minute presentation. I just talked about industrial music the whole time, and somehow got a higher grade than most people in the class... 94% or somesuch, which was insane. I still don't understand how I got such a grade considering I put a total of 2 hours of work into it. But don't tell anyone that. o_O

The only doom-related presentation I did at school was of metaphysical nature. I was trying to prove that the world of Doom is just as real as the one we live in.

Heh. I had to do a presentation recently... I chose to do it on the History of 3D Graphics in PC Games. Of course, Doom and Doom III featured heavily in it... :P

lament said:

I was trying to prove that the world of Doom is just as real as the one we live in.

someone would deny that??? :P