Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netnomad312

Tower of WAR demo, Version 2.0

Just wanted to tell you, I released today an updated version of my megawad demo. It contains new sprites and a dehacked patch, so use of a source port or the appropriate programs are required (I did not include them; I included only the wad, the txt, and the deh). Among the sprites are the green key I wrote about in version 1.0's text (all appropriate patches and graphics come with it), as well as some Hacx sprites. A few new things were added, a few dumb bugs fixed, etc. etc. I also have an intermission theme and a story theme now.

The deh includes "green key" messages and sprite names, new story messages, and also level names.

As I say in the text file, I left some of the other levels' resources in the file, so you can open Wintex or whatever program you use and use the extra patches and musics - I don't care. This does increase the file size, but the concensus I got from the "Before you release your wad" thread (editing forum) is that people don't really care about the file size. Neither do I...

Finally... I'm working on a few half-ass html docs for whoever's interested to look at, which will have screenshots and print-preview captures of maps 7-15 (I'm still working on 15).

EDIT: Ah... and for those of you who didn't get V1.0, the file name is nntwdemo (should still be in /newstuff).

netnomad312 said:

Just wanted to tell you, I released today an updated version of my megawad demo. It contains new sprites and a dehacked patch, so use of a source port or the appropriate programs are required (I did not include them; I included only the wad, the txt, and the deh). Among the sprites are the green key I wrote about in version 1.0's text (all appropriate patches and graphics come with it), as well as some Hacx sprites. A few new things were added, a few dumb bugs fixed, etc. etc. I also have an intermission theme and a story theme now.

The deh includes "green key" messages and sprite names, new story messages, and also level names.

As I say in the text file, I left some of the other levels' resources in the file, so you can open Wintex or whatever program you use and use the extra patches and musics - I don't care. This does increase the file size, but the concensus I got from the "Before you release your wad" thread (editing forum) is that people don't really care about the file size. Neither do I...

Finally... I'm working on a few half-ass html docs for whoever's interested to look at, which will have screenshots and print-preview captures of maps 7-15 (I'm still working on 15).

EDIT: Ah... and for those of you who didn't get V1.0, the file name is nntwdemo (should still be in /newstuff).

Link?