Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thesmellyone

hardest doom 1 level

There is no map23 in DOOM 1

To me, E4m2, Perfect Hatred, is the hardest for some reasons.

Does someone notified that E4m1 is harder than E4m7 (both starting from scratch).

The hardest level, anyway is e4m6

God, E1M1. Those accursed shotgun guys up by the armor are impossible. And the nukage pit with the little bitty narrow bridge going across it... I swear I still have nightmares about that level.

ravage said:

None.

That answer makes no sense, unless you're saying the levels in Doom 1 are all exactly as easy/hard as one another.

NiGHTMARE said:

That answer makes no sense, unless you're saying the levels in Doom 1 are all exactly as easy/hard as one another.

They're all easy to me, but that doesn't make them not fun.

Ah, but the question was not 'which level do you find hard', but 'which level do you find hardest'. Even if all the level are easy, there's still going to be one which is harder than than any of the others :)

I dont count episode 4, because it's not part of the 'original' Doom, for me it's e3m5, the Cathedral. It's a tough one for the time.

NiGHTMARE said:

Ah, but the question was not 'which level do you find hard', but 'which level do you find hardest'. Even if all the level are easy, there's still going to be one which is harder than than any of the others :)

I'm not quite sure which is the hardest to tell you the truth.

I agree with the others about E4M2 being very hard...it feels like you have no space to manuever around and episode 4 has way too much lava/nukage in my opinion.

If you don't count episode 4 though, I think E3M6 is fairly tough since I always run out of ammo. And E3M7 because there's so much lava (lava always kills me more than the monsters).

i meant limbo, and so what if i only have the gba version, the mac one is too old for me, i was 3 when it came out! i have the demo though and think the gba version should have been un edited

Little Faith said:

Seconded.

yeah E4m6 is damn hard, but I think e4m8 is that too. :)

Erik said:

e4m6

Heh, WTF? E4M6 is only hard because of the Cybie, and if you know how to kill him it's simple. I'd say E4M2 is harder from a pistol start than any other UD level.

Stealthy Ivan said:

E3M2, was always a pain in the ass...

What you say !! E3M2 is dead easy, even on Nightmare! for me. Just run to the left, grab the blue key, go the cave area, wait for the wall to lower and then run past those cursed Lost Souls, and you're pretty much home free.