Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Sweet Revelation!

I just came to this startling revelation:

Paz Lenchantin, basist of A Perfect Circle, left the band to join Bily Corgan's new group. The void created will be filled by Jeordie White, otherwise known as Twiggy Ramierez of the band Marylin Manson. Of course, this leaves space in Manson, and this is being filled by Tim Skold, formerly of KMFDM. KMFDM has, in the past had many contributers come and go, one being Kevin Ogilvie, better known as Ogre. Ogre started out in Skinny Puppy along with cEvin Key who was in a project called Download for a number of years with several people including Genesis P-Orridge. Now Genesis P-Orridge is best know for starting Throbbing Gristle, a band which greatly influanced Skinny Puppy, and he did so with the help of TG co-founder Peter Christopherson. After their band fell apart, Peter went on to start the group Coil. One of the members of Coil, Danny Hyde, is known for remixing several Nine Inch Nails songs, and I think we all know that NIN is Trent Reznor's project. Trent Reznor is also known for brinning Marylin Manson to fame via Nothing records and a few tours. Marylin Manson has done a few covers of Gary Numan, a 'new wave' musician of the 80's. Trent Reznor was also a fan of Numan's work was heavily influanced by both him and David Bowie. Also, it should be known that Reznor recorded the song 'Suck' with an industrial 'band' called Pigface led by Martin Atkins. Atkin's group is known to be highly maleable, having had upwards of one hundred contributors over the course of the years, one being Ogre. Ogre went on tour with Ministry for a time, who's lead vocalist is Al Jourgensen. Jourgensen also formed a side project called 1000 Homo DJs with Trent Reznor, though that didn't go off to well due to legal reasons. Reznor has done several soundtracks such as the one for Quake (co-programmed by John Carmack), and Lost Highway. Also appearing on this sountrack were such musicians as David Bowie, Marylin Manson, and Smashing Pumpkins, lead by none other than Billy Corgan.

FURTHERMORE, A Perfect Circle's vocals were done by Maynard James Keenan, vocalist of Tool, who supposedly worked on a side project with Trent Reznor called Tapeworm which has yet to be released. Also, Tool's drummer, Danny Carrey is siad to be working with Ogre and cEvin Key on a new Skinny Puppy CD.

Now what do you think about that?

I would of mentioned that Bowie put his dick in Mick Jagger's ass. because that little fact makes me laugh quite a lot.

darknation said:

I would of mentioned that Bowie put his dick in Mick Jagger's ass. because that little fact makes me laugh quite a lot.

Heh...I forgot all about that, but yeah.

I have a theory that Trent Reznor can be linked with anybody in the music business. Here's some of the links:

- Reznor colloborated with David Bowie on "I'm Afraid of American's.
- Bowie's "Heroes" was remixed by Aphex Twin.
- Aphex Twin has created two songs which use samples from NIN songs, "At the Heart Of It All" and "The Beauty of Being Numb, Section B".

- Bowie once did a song with Pink Floyd and another guy.
- That other guy was... Trent Reznor!

- One of Aphex Twin's mixes is partially credited to 808 State.
- 808 State have toured with Meat Beat Manifesto.
- MBM have remixed two NIN songs, "Closer" and "the Perfect Drug".

- Aphex Twin once remixed an MBM song, "Mindstream".
- "Mindstream" was also remixed by Orbital.
- Orbital also remixed many other bands' tracks, including Kraftwerk, the Shamen and Madonna (interestingly, William Orbit, although no relation to Orbital, has also remixed these three bands).
- Madonna's "Into The Groove" was remixed by Daft Punk.
- Daft Punk also remixed the Chemical Brothers' "Life Is Sweet".
- The Chemical Brothers remixed the Prodigy's "Voodoo People".
- Moby remixed the Prodigy's "Everybody In the Place".
- Moby's "Bring Back My Happiness" was remixed by Josh Wink.
- Reznor provided vocals for Wink's "Black Bomb"

- Ursula Rucker provided vocals for another Wink track.
- She has also provided vocals several songs by The Roots', one of which is on their albums "Things Fall Apart"...
- Which is of course the same name as NIN's The Fragile remix album.

- CJ Bolland remixed Moby's "James Bond Theme"
- Armand Van Helden remixed CJ Bolland's "Sugar is Sweeter".
- Van Helden also remixed Tori Amos' "Professional Widow".
- Reznor provider backing vocals for Tori Amos' "Past the Mission".

- Reznor has remixed KMFDM's "Light" and Megadeath's "Symphony of Destruction".
- KMFDM did a remix of Paul Shortino's version of "We Will Rock You", while Megadeath's Marty Friedman colloborated with Dream Theatre's James Labrie on a cover of "Sheer Heart Attack".
- Reznor 're-produced' Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy".

There are quite a few more links between the bands/artists already mentioned:

- MBM have remixed a Bowie song.

- Besides NIN and Bowie, MBM have also remixed songs by the Shamen, Orbital, Depeche Mode, Coil and many others (two of these bands are linked in another way, as Coil's Danny Hyde remixed a Depeche Mode song).

- Coil have remixed a song by Pyschick Warriors Ov Gaia.
- Orbital have also remixed a Psychick Warriors song.

- The Chemical Brother's "Leave Home" and Depeche Mode's "Barrel of a Gun" have been remixed by Underworld.
- Aphex Twin have remixed Underworld's "Born Slippy" (which samples bits from a Pink Floyd song - another link!)

- Underworld remixed the same Kraftwerk track as Orbital, "Expo 2000".

- The Chemical Brothers remixed Fatboy Slim's "Song For Shelter".
- Two Fatboy Slim tracks, "Demons" and "Love Life" have vocals by Macy Gray.
- King Britt's Sylk130 group remixed Macy Gray's "Get Up, Get Out".
- Ursula Rucker provided vocals for King Britt's "Being Black".

NiGHTMARE said:

I have a theory that Trent Reznor can be linked with anybody in the music business.

I think you could do that with Al Jourgenson too. Anybody know of a link between either Al or Trent with Justin Broadrick? With the billions of side projects that all three of those have been involved in, you should be able to link roughly half the world's population =)

OMFGOMFGOMFG! I have been trying to figure out what NIN was since I joined the forums 10 months ago! It's been killing me! I FINALLY KNOW! YESYSYEYSYEYSEYSYEYSEYSYEYSEYSYEYSEYSEYESYE

Yeah, anyway, I love these linky things. It's cool, and, uh, stupid. But cool.

Uh, I have to say I don't follow the music world too closely, and therefore, I don't care.

fraggle said:

Yay for Zwan

Boo

Oh, and also:

Danny Carey (drummer from Tool), Les Claypool (bassist for Primus), and Adrian Belew (guitarist from King Crimson) are recording some tracks together apparently! Woohoo!

fraggle said:

Yay for Zwan

Ah yes...thats the name of the band.

Danny Carey (drummer from Tool), Les Claypool (bassist for Primus), and Adrian Belew (guitarist from King Crimson) are recording some tracks together apparently! Woohoo!

Hmmm...that could be interesting.