Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goat

And I thought I was a Doomer...

Well I can chalk this one up for experience. Last night, i was playing through doom episode one, and i stumbled across a new level: the military base. i had no fucking idea that was even there! i was totally blown away that i had not yet found this level. whats the last secret you guys found before you thought u had done it all?

There is a secret level in episode 2 as well...(although not a particularly great one). And I think there's one for episode 3, but I'm not sure on that.

There is indeed a secret level for all 4 episodes. Everybody knows that! :)

what kind of doomer doesn't know that?

The hardest to find is E4 secret level, and the secret level in The Express Elevator to Hell from Master Levels.

The last secret I came across was the NIN secret in E4M1, and I wish I hadn't. Ever since then I stay away from it. It is never fun to have 5 Barons of Hell in a small room like that with practically no ammo at all.

Has anyone managed to take those Barons down? I think I may, MAY, have done it, but I'm very unsure. It would seem to me that you'd have punch out everything but the other Barons in that level to have enough ammo for 'em.

Hello and welcome to 1993. :P

Vegeta said:

The hardest to find is E4 secret level,

Give me some time, and I'll refind it. I'll know it when I see it.

Vegeta said:
The hardest to find is E4 secret level,

ravage said:
Give me some time, and I'll refind it. I'll know it when I see it.

Second level. Hear the sound of -another- wall lowering/rising when you step out of the Cyberdemon pen. You go marine!

Wow, the episodes have secrets?! Wow! =D =D =D

Anyway I thought everybody knew that. I can't remember the last secret I got, but I do know I've never officially found the secret maps of TNT or Plutonia, although I've played them. Of course, I've only played Plutonia 2-3 times (co-op) and TNT once.

Finding Plutonia's secret levels is the easy part. Getting through them is another matter. If you know your cyberdemon they aren't that hard though. Ammo is a non-issue at least.

Tnt's secret level exit is weird though and map31 is bugged.

I got the TNT MAP31 patch from their website. I've played through all the levels. Plutonia MAP32 is my favorite because it's crayzay.

"For you see I have been hiding under a rock my whole life, and I never knew there was an E1M9."

Nanami said:

I got the TNT MAP31 patch from their website. I've played through all the levels. Plutonia MAP32 is my favorite because it's crayzay.

Plutonia Map32 is the only 'official' level that ever caused a savegame overrun for me. Totally crazy indeed, but at least it's fun! I wouldn't want to play entire episodes of this kind, though.

BTW, the secret exit in Plutonia Map 15 is right before the final teleporter to the official exit on the left side. A piece of the wall can be opened and the teleporter behind it leads to the secret exit.
Map31 doesn't have a regular exit. You always go to Map32.

Little Faith said:

The two super super super secret levels of Memento Mori 2.

My new avatar contains two secrets too. Enjoy :)

Heh, I just managed to beat Plutonia level 32 on HMP with 100% everything. God only knows what it's like on Nightmare :o

The one thing I can't figure out in UD is the trick to get the BFG in Perfect Hatred. I've hunted all over but only found a switch to link the little "islands" in the first lava pit.

Ubik said:

Heh, I just managed to beat Plutonia level 32 on HMP with 100% everything. God only knows what it's like on Nightmare :o

Me n my one friend used to play that level every day trying to beat it when we were kids... now we can beat it with our eyes closed... i have gotten that BFG too... damned if i can remember how

There's a teleporter hidden under one of those pillars which leads to the BFG. Of course, the Cyberdemon is also there, standing right on it.

yea i get the bfg every time
i think theres a floor trigger or something....

Job said:

The one thing I can't figure out in UD is the trick to get the BFG in Perfect Hatred.

It is explained here.

instead of going and getting the patch for plutonia31, just do the all keys cheat when you get to the part where ur supposed to find the yellow key... only dif. is i don't know if the 2nd set of arachs get released if u do it that way

When you know the -warp levelname command or typing map mapname into the console in zdoom\legacy, secret levels don't remain a secret for long.

There is actully a secret level to all episodes in Ultimate Doom. I can get to all of the except E4, but I've still played thanks to Doom95 and cheats. They are Military Base (get to from E1M3), Fortress Of Mystery (from E2M5), Warrens (from E3M6), and Fear (don't know). In Doom II, there is Wolfenstein (from 15) and Grosse (from 31), in Plutonia, there is Cyberden (don't know) and Go2it (don't know), and in TNT there is Pharaoh (forgot) and Carribean (don't know).

EDIT:

Ichor said:
The last secret I came across was the NIN secret in E4M1, and I wish I hadn't. Ever since then I stay away from it. It is never fun to have 5 Barons of Hell in a small room like that with practically no ammo at all.

More on that here.