Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amaster

Texture Alignment Wierdness

Is it just me, or does Wad Author refuse to auto-align textures contained in an external wad? I compiled a texture wad containing everything I want to use for my current project, but it's a multi-level wad, which WA cant create normally. So instead, I plan to make all the maps seperately, and then merge them. In that case, I cant merge the graphics wad with everything else, until all the maps are done (at least not without having a big mess).

Is there any way to get WA to align them? It still aligns the original textures properly, so I dont think there's anything wrong with my copy. If not, does anyone have any alternate suggestions?

That's one of the 2 things I really hate about WA. (the other being those stupid crashes). And it's not just external textures, it's all custom textures (ie. ones that don't have the same name as an iwad texture).

The only way round it is this: Highlight all your linedefs, change the texture to one of the iwad textures of the same width, auto-align them and change them back to your custom texture (without de-highlighting them all in between). If you have to align an upper/lower texture in among all the main textures (or vice versa), you can still align the main texture only and it will work (the offsets are for the linedef as a whole, it doesn't matter if it's upper, main or lower), and just remove the main texture afterwards.

Assmaster said:

Is there any way to get WA to align them?

You can do as Ultimate Doomer said. For me, a slightly faster way is to just change the texture of the first linedef in your series to one of the iwad textures of the same width. Autoalign all your linedefs, then go back and change the first linedef texture back to the original.

Nanami said:

Use DeePsea.

/me gets Red Armor to prepare for the flame.

never and ever...

ReX said:

You can do as Ultimate Doomer said. For me, a slightly faster way is to just change the texture of the first linedef in your series to one of the iwad textures of the same width. Autoalign all your linedefs, then go back and change the first linedef texture back to the original.

So you only need to change the first linedef and it'll work for all the others when you highlight them? Cool...

waoh wtf wauthor has auto texture alignment?! and all this time I've been doing it by hand...

not that it's very hard, just addition

man learn something new every day, I only learned about that ++ thing like a month ago

W00t!!11
Thanks alot guys. You've just saved me from a nightmare of manual alignment.

Use DeePsea.

/me gets Red Armor to prepare for the flame.

Bah! Back to PQ with you. :-P