Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ioler

DOOM 3 On Amazon (1-2 day dispatch)

Must be a mistake, but a funny one. Maybe somebody had to enter some other (doom 3?) data, and fucked up.

Shaviro said:

That is truly odd.

O_o

Odder than odd! It is unlikely that that cover is fake (or not)

Zoost said:

Odder than odd! It is unlikely that that cover is fake (or not)

I'm very confused!

woah, thats a tight ass cover. it seems proper, and seems pretty legit looking. i like it, thats how i think it should loko.

There takeing preorders dude. "Availability: This item will be released on July 31, 2003. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives."

Yay, i hope the art stays, its sooo nice and everything it should be.

-edit-

wait, those 2 boxes dont look the same. the one without "pending" has fire, and the pending one has just brown it looks like. ??? whats up

Goat said:

Yay, i hope the art stays, its sooo nice and everything it should be.

-edit-

wait, those 2 boxes dont look the same. the one without "pending" has fire, and the pending one has just brown it looks like. ??? whats up

They are both probably just covers created by those websites themselves, simply because they don't have a real cover yet.

Disorder said:

They are both probably just covers created by those websites themselves, simply because they don't have a real cover yet.

...Are they allowed to do that? Seems pretty skrewy to me...

man I cant wait for it to come out all this talk about it is pumped
I wonder if that date on amazon is correct or not I dont want to get my hopes up to much until I hear an official word on it

Disorder said:

I work for amazon, we only use pictures provided by the company. Im gonna check tommorrow, to see if we have anything in stock. We often have things stowed, a few months or weeks ahead of time, and I would assume this will be no exception. Most things are just stuck in cases that say, Dont open until so and so date and time. Ill let you guys know tommorrow by 4 or 5

Okay, now I'm excited. Can't wait 'till tomorrow when that dude comes back with the word. I thought the cover art on first pic looked cool.
Okay, say for example July 31st is the release date, that leaves 3 1/2
months to make up approx €1600 for my new rig. Lets say 3 months (got some bills this month) so we're talking about €550 per monts.

Hmmmmmm, oh yes, It can be done.
OH YES IT WILL BE DONE.

Excited now.

Sweet!

sniperfrommars1 said:

I work for amazon, we only use pictures provided by the company. Im gonna check tommorrow, to see if we have anything in stock. We often have things stowed, a few months or weeks ahead of time, and I would assume this will be no exception. Most things are just stuck in cases that say, Dont open until so and so date and time. Ill let you guys know tommorrow by 4 or 5

Make some secret pictures!

July 31st?? WTF. I thought we found recently that a later build of the Doom III engine will be shown at Quakecon. THAT event is 120 days away... putting us in mid-august. Who knows how much longer after that they will release the game. Damnit, maybe we'll even have to wait til Christmas.

Shit, my AthlonXP 1.9Ghz (OC'd) and 9700Pro aren't gonna be so snazzy by then. They'll be quite usual I imagine. :(

Checked six times today. Still no word. My plan is to make pictures of some kind. I have alot of internal access so Im going to see what I can really do with this one guys. Ill keep you posted as Im gonna be checking on a daily basis. We stock lots of games, books, and cds, so I should be able to have the first down low on the box materials and so forth. Ill let you know more as soon as I find something else out.

You can never take those things too seriously, its just a money ploy.

1 person recommended Sesame Street - Do the Alphabet in addition to Doom 3

Bwahaha!

We are really good about posting accurate dates on the website. I speak from inside experience as opposed to just mouthing off at the nut. Thats when our vendor says we want to sell it. We occasionally ship things out ahead of time, for preorders, such as ocarina of time master quest. How do you think it showed up on ebay before the game was out?

Myself, I've never placed alot of security in the public hype.. alot of times its not the company selling the porduct but the devloper that pushes things back.. so I was not judging Amazon's credibility.

One word of advice, if you think the zombie is dead, he is not!

Yup. That made me jump once or twice.

BTW: What age certificate do you think doom3 is going to get? 15? 18? I reckons it's gonna be 18 but Resident evil on gamecube is much more scary and violent than the original and it still only got 15.

(note to americans: yes you can say what ever age certificate system you have over there ie pg-13 etc).