Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
35thcanto

teleporter only working when i walk into its sector backwards

Question

i put a silent teleporter on a staricase and it will only teleport me if i walk into it backwards.
did i do something wrong? im using gzdoom if thats a problem
(the highlighted section is the teleport destination)image.png.aa8acc9a4f6d049c3f93917c28046126.png

5 answers to this question

Yeah, it was that your linedef was pointed the wrong way. It's important for all gun and switch-activated actions and some walk-over actions that linedefs are facing in the correct direction.

You may wish to read or skim through the basic tutorials on map editing, if only to get more solid grasp on how the engine does things.

2 hours ago, Stabbey said:

some walk-over actions

Just teleporters, specifically. This is so that a traditional pad-to-pad teleporter won't just immediately teleport the player again when they step off the destination pad.

5 hours ago, Stabbey said:

Yeah, it was that your linedef was pointed the wrong way. It's important for all gun and switch-activated actions and some walk-over actions that linedefs are facing in the correct direction.

You may wish to read or skim through the basic tutorials on map editing, if only to get more solid grasp on how the engine does things.

thanks