Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Doom themed Room

I'm customizing my room to look something more reministant of games and movies, Doom 3 in particular. I'm planing on getting a mirror custom done to look something like the portal's from Q3A ( upside down coffin style shape) a triangle with the corner's cut off and a U.A.C logo on the bottom right hand corner. And a picture of Mars framed in a metalic frame that's attached to an LCD monitor armature bolted onto my Wall.

what do you think? any Suggestions..

Liam standing behind your computer chair and punching you in the back of the neck at all times

OMG! is that you Ling?...I always pictured you to look rather boney although I also vishualized glasses but close enough. BTW was I right about your looks Rev July?.

Shapeless said:

OMG! is that you Ling?...I always pictured you to look rather boney although I also vishualized glasses but close enough. BTW was I right about your looks Rev July?.

No, that is not Linguica, it's a banned member and former mod, Crendowing.

And either he's viewing Newdoom at 320x200 resolution or that's a very obvious Photoshop job.

I prayed to God I'd never have to see those pictures again. WHYY????

Metal grating...lots of metal grating. Oh, and demon corpses. Defiled human corpses too.

fraggle said:

Imp sex bedsheets

got those already. did have a cutom made metallica/doom poster. has the doom1 image with the doom guy with a guitar and metallica in the back ground. the imps/barons look like they are in a mosh pit

You could always try to make a pink beanbag chair to look like a dead pinky demon!

impale some corpses (make sure some are still thrashing about), hang a few corpses updide down etc. take giant peices of skin and use them as wallpaper. That should do the trick.

Serious suggestions:
-Since it sounds like your going for a tech theme, you could install a dropped ceiling with a wire mesh (would look like Flat4).

-White track lighting is always cool.

Obligatory silliness:
-Make sure your room is aligned in a 64 x 64 unit grid (otherwise the floor wont tile properly, duh).

-Unpeg the wallpaper over and below the windows.

-Install a door that slides upwards into the ceiling. Instead of a activating it with a normal button, use a big red button that says "Use"

-Never jump or look up and down while in your room.

-Set the walls to "block sound", so your parents wont hear it when you bring a girl/guy over.

-No lights!!! If it's too dark, just fire a rocket into the room.

-Dont put too much stuff into your room, or it may crash with a visplane overflow.

-There must be no other rooms below or above yours.

-Hope that you dont get an HOM when you open your closet.

Is your room going to be ZDoom compatible? I'd be really impressed if you somehow made an invisible bridge thing.

Shapeless said:

Ling isn't boney, he's beefy. :P

Oh and fix your stereo in a way it'll automatically play a Doom midi when you enter the room. That should be possible in some strange technical way I guess.

Disorder said:

Oh and fix your stereo in a way it'll automatically play a Doom midi when you enter the room. That should be possible in some strange technical way I guess.

And really, really annoying.

You could have a skull candleabra, some futuristic lights that never stay on, but blink sporatically.

Serious suggestions:

UAC-crates as tables/stools/storage space. Construct them of wood and paint them gray and brown with numbers on them.

Mount light tubes on the walls instead of the ceiling. (Oh yeah, and don't replace them right on the moment they start to sputter. Keeep 'em till they die).

For the more practically minded it should be possible to create one of those electrical lamps (the blackish cylindrical ones).

Carpets should be blue.

darknation said:

SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY DECOR?

Yeah, your monitor seems to be falling down. Either you're short or you lay your head down on the desk and look up at the monitor :-P

darknation said:

SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY DECOR?

The Newdoom poster you've taped onto your TV.

BBG said:

Yeah, your monitor seems to be falling down.

Heh, there is too much shit balanced on top of the monitor for me to even consider moving it.

Besides, my chair is designed for slouching.