Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

postal 2

no, but i'd sure like to. it looks fantastic.

Yes i just got the game a few days ago, its absolutley HILARIOUS. I imagine it will get banned upon released. Some key features:
-You can piss on people
-The objective is to live throughout the week, doing things such as buy milk and return a library book
-Objectives can be dealt through violence or in a civil matter, both are equally amusing
-Other tidbits that add up to an enjoyable waist of time, such as kicking bodies into a big pile and creating a big ass bon fire out of it.

I heard that there was a bug, that when you set someone on fire and piss on them at the same time, their charred corpse will soon get back up and move around again like nothing happened.

You can get the demo at postal2.com. It's a seven-minute one-objective demo of Monday.

It's pretty cool, if somewhat twisted.

l00k said:

I imagine it will get banned upon released.

umm, it is banned, in several countries, such as the UK and Australia. it's ok in the US and Denmark tho of course :)

Linguica said (in his blog):

I was under the impression this game would be a POS but it's actually a lot of fun, heh.

agreed. it's not quite as disgustingly straightforwardly violent as the screenshots make it out to be, mostly because it has a great sense of humour to it as well. nice shots btw :) i keep a few of my own at http://oregonstate.edu/~lloydo/postal2/

I heard the loadingtimes SUCK in the full version. Nevertheless it's hilarious. I love it when Champ the dog, follows you around after giving him some dogsnacks. Also, if you bash someone's head off with a shovel, kick the head away from Champ and he'll go get it for you. I laughed my ass off the first time I saw that happening.

By the way. There's a sniperrifle in the demo. Go find the gaybar and walk around it. You should be in a small alleyway. Head towards a thrashcontainer. Jump on it and then jump on the fence. Now walk over the fence towards the gaybar again. When you're at the end of the fence jump across to a little ledge on the wall. Now walk towards the thrashcontainer again and jump over to the roof of the next building. On this roof you will find some medikits and 2 small firearms. From there you should see some powerlines. These will help you to get up to the roof of the gaybar, where you will find a sniperrifle. Have fun.

Disorder said:

I heard the loadingtimes SUCK in the full version.

yes, they're horrible. it takes a full minute for me usually, and my computer is far far above the recommended specs.

Oh man this sounds goddamn great. I used to love torturing people in Messiah, but this sounds beyond comparison. I pissed on a friend of mine a couple of times when I was about 13 and I've always wanted to repeat the experience.

sargebaldy said:

umm, it is banned, in several countries, such as the UK and Australia. it's ok in the US and Denmark tho of course :)

Buy me a plane ticket, kthxbye

Heh, I love it that you can 'train' dogs and make them team up when you beat the hell out of people.

darknation said:

These people are going to make millions out of of a great concept poorly executed.

Makes me sad.

Yeah, I played two 7 min games and then I deleted it. I wish someone competent had come up with this game...

Christ, I've been waiting for this game since the first installment. now I've got a mission for this weekend! Oh, and as the proud owner of two cats, I see the cat silencer as perfectly acceptable. Yes, I said acceptable. Lousy, thankless animals...

Lord FlatHead said:

BBG, I like PNGs as much as you do, but that first screenshot is 1.6 Mb. Maybe you could lower yourself to using .JPG for once.

Sure, why not?

How did that guy get a third person view? Does it switch to third person when you hit the suicide button?

l00k said:

How did that guy get a third person view? Does it switch to third person when you hit the suicide button?

Yes. You can also use console commands.

Heh, this is pretty good. Disabled the time limit and played it for ages.

I like all the little touches like the dog lapping up your piss if you've given it a biscuit and the way you can shoot the cat 80ft into the air and have it land on your head and the way everyone laughs at the gimp, and the way they come and kick the shit out of your corpse if they kill you, and the way people get crushed if a car lands on them, and the way you can set a ring of gasoline around the dancing tramp alight and he'll still keep on boogie-ing in the ring of fire.. And a million other little touches.

Awesome light entertainment. I'm gonna have to buy this.