Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyrez

Doom Resource Index

Greetings, many times in the past I have read posts about people looking for doom related material. To this end I have built the Doom Resource Index. The Index will host all doom editing related resources along with some Hexen and Heretic ones as well. All files will be clearly marked which port or ports if any they work with. What I am looking for at this time is some help from the doom community in the form of content submissions. As of now only these categories exist. Tutorials, Example Wads, Textures, Hi-Res Textures, Sprites, Hi-Res Sprites, 3D Sprites, Weapons, Scripts, Deh and Bex. More will be added as needed. The index can be found at http://www.omegafiles.com/doom I do hope this is helpful to the community.

To add a resource to the index here is a Quick Link

netnomad312 said:

Woo! Go Cyrez!

Err... what consitutes "hi-res" textures & sprites?

I consider hi-res to be textures and sprites that are at east twice the size of the original doom ones. When scaled by 0.5 they become less pixely and look much nicer.

Has anyone had any problems uploading resources to the index? I ask because I have received several auto e-mails stating an upload attempt but there was no files uploaded.

Well, I uploaded about 4, and will do plenty more soon, and didn't get any error. So, if ya don't get 'em, well, then, you'll know.

RTDscout said:

Well, I uploaded about 4, and will do plenty more soon, and didn't get any error. So, if ya don't get 'em, well, then, you'll know.

Thanks for the uploads, got them fine and they have since been added to the Resource Index. thanks again :)

No problem. After mainly just loafing around for so long, I think it's about time I gave something back to the community.