Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

QuakeD3D

I downloaded something for Quake, called QuakeD3D. Supposedly, it's supposed the graphics lots and lots better. I downloaded it, and unzipped it. Then I double-clicked on the QuakeD3D icon, and it said something about "A required .DLL file, D3D8.DLL, was not found." Any idea as to what's up with that?

Mmmh, you're missing a .dll named D3D8.DLL. It's not that hard to figure out, go download DirectX 8.

Jesus Christ ANYWHERE. It's a must in these days. I can't believe no game till this one demanded you DX8. It's so goddamn easy to find DX8 that I'm not even posting a link...

If you want to download it, you will need Go!Zilla. Whenever you got that d/l'ed search for Quake. You'll all kinds of Quake: registered, shareware, blah, blah, blah. Eventually you'll see something called quaked3d.zip. It's only 366 kbs., so it shouldn't take long to download it. Of course, you could also try looking it up on the 'Net.

Wrong, jackhole. I've got your standard 56k. I just saying 366kb is nothing for something like Go!Zilla. You'd have it downloaded in less than 40 seconds.

What I mean is, it's hard to find on the Internet; with Go!Zilla's search engine, you can find it easily.

/me blushes
I don't know right now. I'm thinking of getting hooked up with this fine-looking ho, uh, girl up at school, whenever school lets back in.

it's hard to find on the Internet

There's also GLQuake. Just look in Gamespy Arcade (if you have it), select a game and view it's info. They give you a link to d/l GLQuake. Or just look at http://www.3dfiles.com

GLQuake won't work on my frickin TNT2 Ultra. Piece of shit. It used to work on my old pile of crap computer with a Voodoo2 but not on this one, I have to play it and Hexen2 the old-fashioned way. Although this solves the Quake problem. Are there any D3D Hexen 2's? I couldn't find any.

Lut, there is a version of GLquake that works with non-3dfx cards out there. I'm running it with a GeForce2 on win2k, works perfectly. I'll try to find the addy later.

GLQuake won't work on my frickin TNT2 Ultra. Piece of shit. It used to work on my old pile of crap computer with a Voodoo2 but not on this one,

Copy your OpenGL32.dll from your windows\system directory into your GLquake directory, and Woohoo!! it works. I run it fine on my GF2 MX.

GLQuake won't work on my frickin TNT2 Ultra. Piece of shit. It used to work on my old pile of crap computer with a Voodoo2 but not on this one,

Copy your OpenGL32.dll from your windows\system directory into your GLquake directory, and Woohoo!! it works. I run it fine on my GF2 MX.

Copy your OpenGL32.dll from your windows\system directory into your GLquake directory, and Woohoo!! it works. (overwrite the old one) I run it fine on my GF2 MX.

Hmm, I don't think I've tried that.
Here's the link if anyone wants it.

http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/%7Esio2/download.htm

Pretty much noting to do with anything, but wouldn't it be cool if someone made Wolf3DD3D? (try saying that ten times fast)

GLQuake works perfectly also on my GF2GTS. And I didn't have to copy some .dll file or something to my Quake directory.

Yeah, you've got the other version. I'm saying if you've got a version which only works on Voodoos, then copy the file. I f you try your version on a voodoo card, then it probably wont work.

I donno. As far as I remember, I used the same version of GLQuake as the one I'm using now when I had my Voodoo 3 (version 1.14 or something). But I'm not sure. And I didn't have to copy any file, but when you run the installer, it says if you want to install the 3dfx drivers (I think it was a sort of miniGL) and then it was ok.