Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Clever Play on the Word Torment

Tormentor667 has sent us the announcement of his newest project, which you can find at his realm. What's it going to be?

The aim of this project is to bring you a new fantasy quest in the world of Hexen and Heretic without connecting to the saga of the three serpent riders as Herian and Eternal Doom tried to. The only difference is the fact, that I will succeed ;)

Be sure to check out his page for the planned list of features and a screenshot.

I don't think that Eternal Doom had anything to do with the heretic/hexen universe, it was its own world. But anyway, GL with your project.

Are you gonna tell us the name of this, or is it already there, and I didn't notice?

Eternal merely used some textures from Heretic/Hexen, and most levels were medieval-ish in theme. No more than that.

Well, Eternal Doom used a lot of Hexen/Heretic textures, this is why I thought it belongs to this theme.

@ravage - It will get more then 5fps ;)

It doesn't have already a name, it's all under construction but if you have cool ideas, let me know :)

I hope that you don't replace all the weapons with Heretic/Hexen ones, or it will be just a Heretic/Hexen wad

Anyway, the screenshot look very cool

Vegeta said:

I hope that you don't replace all the weapons with Heretic/Hexen ones, or it will be just a Heretic/Hexen wad

It says on the page that both the original Heretic/Hexen weapons and brand new ones will be used. ZDoom lets you use the Heretic, Hexen and Doom weapons at the same time, y'see :)

Actually, the wad will use all the heretic weapons but not all of the hexen ones, just 2 or 3, the rest is used to replace the original doom ones :)

Interesting... but why do you say Eternal Doom failed? I consider that to be one of the best megawads ever made.

Hmm, Gothic DM is crap, Eternal Doom is crap... What next, Memento Mori 2 and Requiem?

Anyway, GL look with the project. I especially look forward to seeing some more cool new sprites :)

Hey, I never said, Gothic is crap >:| I just don't like Eternal Doom =| ...btw MM1+2 are amazing and Requiem also so I'm not going to continue to blame most of the best Megawads ever ;)

Tormentor667 said:

Hey, I never said, Gothic is crap >:|

I know you didn't, I was talking about the community in general, as lots of other people have been saying that Gothic DM is pants lately.

Oh yes, I also read about that (and replied that Gothic rocks :P). Seems to be the fact, that the community standard rises from one new release to the other :P Nevertheless, in ZDaemon you can still see enough doomers running and fragging around in gothic castles and catacombs so I think some of those who said gothic is crap are just jealous, same problem for years now *g*

BTW, I am not jealous of Eternal Doom *g*

I think the discussion about GothicDM had nothing to do with the looks of the levels at all.

The main point seemed to be that GothicDM's wads weren't that fun to DM in after all.

It also had a lot to do with the fact that AndrewB liked GothicDM (for it's graphics), and as soon as AndrewB supports something unwritten forum laws dictate that the stance should be flamed and ridiculed.

I doubt Tormentor is criticizing the looks of Eternal Doom's levels (you'd have to be mad to do that), only the gameplay, and no-one else has mentioned the look of either Gothic or Eternal in this thread - meaning this discussion has nothing to do with looks either :)

Ok, I will clear up this discussion from my point of view:

Gothic DM:
- Look = Amazing
- Gameplay = Amazing

Eternal Doom
- Look = Not that good at all
- Gameplay | EDM.WAD = Bad | ETERNAL.WAD = Not that good at all

Yes, Eternal Doom is not that bad but it's not a wad which you take out of your archiv again to play it the 23th time as other wads are.

Eternal Doom is one of the best looking megawads ever! (Although admittedly a few Eternal levels do look terrible ;) )

I definitely hope you're not including Sverre Kvernmo's and Paul Schimtz's maps in this :)