Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fruity lerlups

would u watch normal playthroughs of levels with saves?

Recommended Posts

I've started a new series on my channel after i found myself not enjoying the struggle of trying to get single segment UV-Maxes on every level, I found even when I could successfully do it it felt more frustrating than rewarding, and i discovered that I enjoy just playing through a map and trying to get 100% secrets and kills without needing to make it a single segment. Is this the kind of content anyone would be interested in, i'm doing scythe 2 rn and will do stuff like alien vendetta and other classics down the line!
 

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I believe you should prioritize having fun with what you're doing and not worry about what's popular at the time. Personally, I find the whole single segment UV trend boring. It's more interesting seeing people actually playing the maps and show casing the ups and downs of it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@fruity lerlups I have liked and subscribed to your Channel and will do my best to keep up supporting the videos you have out it is important for us content creators to support one another or else the Doom community cannot grow or expand eventually the people who are famous in the community won't be here one day we have to keep growing and supporting one another.

 

LegendaryEevee's YouTube Channel

 

This is my YouTube page and I admit it can be very disheartening doing what we do putting in all the time and effort I put in just to get 10 views or less and even they don't like or subscribe to anything however what I am loving to see is how everyone is putting their own spin on these videos and coming up with their own personalities just like people know zero Master for unbelievable speed runs and compatibility and mount pain for his ability to analyze really difficult custom wads yesterday we had a person who specializes in showcasing custom wads yours also custom but is more of a casual playthrough with saves and my focus is on teaching and guiding I don't go for Speed I want to show everyone where all the secrets are where all the kills are and potentially different routes through each level so the people who do take the speed run seriously might get different ideas and break new records I am a teacher at heart s and ultimately look to showcase all kills and secrets for every Doom title classic and modern including popular wads I have individual playlists to track what's being posted I look forward to seeing your growth and helping as much as I can to support and promote it my friend don't worry about what everyone else thinks find the niche you want to have and go all in my friend 😉😎😁

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, LegendaryEevee said:

@fruity lerlups I have liked and subscribed to your Channel and will do my best to keep up supporting the videos you have out it is important for us content creators to support one another or else the Doom community cannot grow or expand eventually the people who are famous in the community won't be here one day we have to keep growing and supporting one another.

 

LegendaryEevee's YouTube Channel

 

This is my YouTube page and I admit it can be very disheartening doing what we do putting in all the time and effort I put in just to get 10 views or less and even they don't like or subscribe to anything however what I am loving to see is how everyone is putting their own spin on these videos yesterday we had a person who specializes in showcasing custom wads yours also custom but is more of a casual playthrough with saves and my focus is on teaching and guiding I don't go for Speed I want to show everyone where all the secrets are where all the kills are and potentially different routes through each level so the people who do take the speed run seriously might get different ideas and break new records I am a teacher at heart s and ultimately look to showcase all kills and secrets for every Doom title classic and modern including popular wads I have individual playlists to track what's being posted I look forward to seeing your growth and helping as much as I can to support and promote it my friend don't worry about what everyone else thinks find the niche you want to have and go all in my friend 😉😎😁

oh youre playing through skyrim too! i finished my first playthrough a couple weeks ago and its one of my favourite games ever now!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, fruity lerlups said:

oh youre playing through skyrim too! i finished my first playthrough a couple weeks ago and its one of my favourite games ever now!

Absolutely I have put more hours than the game can even register on Skyrim I've literally played since it came out what's different about what I'm doing this playthrough is I was always the stealth Archer I am doing a mage build that I have never done in all the years of playing but not just that this is the anniversary edition so I am doing every mission in the game including DLCs making it almost like an ASMR something you can throw in for background noise at work not trying to be the best of anything just make enjoyable content that's why I love the approach you're taking to your Channel too many people trying to be the best at the end of the day there can only be one and they're constantly in danger of someone leapfrogging them to the top as long as we have an identity of what we love to do that is what people will know us for I just want to be known as the person that helps and guides people to be better themselves I don't want someone thinking I can nightmare sunlust with no deaths because I will straight up show myself die in 10 seconds and laugh about it LOL

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, LegendaryEevee said:

Absolutely I have put more hours than the game can even register on Skyrim I've literally played since it came out what's different about what I'm doing this playthrough is I was always the stealth Archer I am doing a mage build that I have never done in all the years of playing but not just that this is the anniversary edition so I am doing every mission in the game including DLCs making it almost like an ASMR something you can throw in for background noise at work not trying to be the best of anything just make enjoyable content that's why I love the approach you're taking to your Channel too many people trying to be the best at the end of the day there can only be one and they're constantly in danger of someone leapfrogging them to the top as long as we have an identity of what we love to do that is what people will know us for I just want to be known as the person that helps and guides people to be better themselves I don't want someone thinking I can nightmare sunlust with no deaths because I will straight up show myself die in 10 seconds and laugh about it LOL

i do still wanna do my single segment UV-Max stuff but feel less commital and maybe not focus on entire wads, I think like pick a level and do it kinda things, just random fun levels, if i can get people recommending stuff that isn't super hard, maybe Rush type stuff, i'll do it!

Share this post


Link to post

@Doomkid plays with saves on his channel, and I find his content to be super enjoyable due to how laidback he is. Not everything has to be single-segmented and adrenaline riddled to the max, in fact I'd love to see more people take a more laidback approach where they're actually enjoying themselves. So yeah, I wouldn't just "watch", I'd binge on that stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post

I’d much rather watch someone play with saves than force themselves to do the same shit over and over for a single segment run. It doesn’t need to be played in UV either. Most of my favorite Doom video type people save anyway and aren’t all hung up on this kind of thing so absolutely you don’t need to be either.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fruity lerlups said:

even when I could successfully do it it felt more frustrating than rewarding

 

I'd focus on fun more than the grind. I'd happily watch you go through wads with saves or whatever conditions you decide to do it under. Your channel shouldn't feel like a chore. I do like to watch Decino's or Vytaan's style of videos with the conditions they set themselves, but also like the laid back approach of others too so there is room for both.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fruity lerlups said:

I think like pick a level and do it kinda things, just random fun levels, if i can get people recommending stuff that isn't super hard, maybe Rush type stuff, i'll do it!

Here's some I would recommend for you if you want a massive level to have fun with that you could do over multiple saves dehydration from Eviternity this map is absolutely huge!

 

Another really cool wad that I rarely see people cover is Revolution! I plan to do it on my channel once I get further past the classic games it's story driven so each level bleeds into the next I love wads that do this.

 

Going Down is another one but I playeunit on a lower difficulty to really have fun with because it once I got Underground I ran into a brick wall but the levels are fun and all tell a story.

 

Finally one not covered much is Epic 2 heard amazing things about this wad I downloaded it but since it's not on PS4 I would have to run it at work meaning no commentary but I've heard great things about it as well I look forward to supporting and following your journey as well my friend as we work to make this community thrive together 😁🥳

Edited by LegendaryEevee

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Amaruψ said:

@Doomkid plays with saves on his channel, and I find his content to be super enjoyable due to how laidback he is. Not everything has to be single-segmented and adrenaline riddled to the max, in fact I'd love to see more people take a more laidback approach where they're actually enjoying themselves. So yeah, I wouldn't just "watch", I'd binge on that stuff. 

thank you princess from another princess  <3

Share this post


Link to post

Gonna join the chorus for Do Whatever Feels Good.

 

If you're hellbent on being a godtier speedrunner and enjoy doing it, that's gonna come through.

If you're determined to analyse every last pro/con of a given map to help viewers decide if they'd like to play it, and enjoy doing it, that's gonna come through.

If you want to provide some kind of community service by highlighting every new release possible and enjoy doing that, that's gonna come through.

If you just want to chill with some fun wads and enjoy doing that, that's gonna come through.

 

If you're genuinely enthusiastic about something, that's gonna shine through.

Nothing else matters.

 

Spoiler

PS: had your vid running in the background as I typed this reply and I'm gonna sub for the laidback vibes - keep it up!

 

Share this post


Link to post

I echo everyone else's sentiments. Unless you're very familiar with the WAD and want to challenge yourself by that point then that's the natural evolution of things. I didn't start the IWADs on UV and go thru them saveless on my first time, that's for gd sure, I would've been what, 14??? Yeah right lol. Personally I either try to save every 10 minutes or failing that reach a kill quota via percentage in Nugget Doom (50% for easy, 75% for normal, 90% for hard.) UV doesn't apply to all wads first time, Scythe II gets absolutely hellish by MAP26 til the very end on UV, and then you got Sunlust, which is harder than most things on HMP but is comparable to UV in a lot of other wads and I'd argue is easier than Scythe II on UV. I'm very glad I went thru that one on HMP first. Otherwise yeah you're just gonna inevitably die to something you didn't have pre-knowledge on and potentially lose a lot of time because you got thrown off and most likely made a dumb mistake, which is far more annoying than simply having to retry a battle over and over. That's my personal golden rule: never save during fights (you run a very high risk of saving at a bad time anyway.)

Btw you're very pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

I echo everyone else's sentiments. Unless you're very familiar with the WAD and want to challenge yourself by that point then that's the natural evolution of things. I didn't start the IWADs on UV and go thru them saveless on my first time, that's for gd sure, I would've been what, 14??? Yeah right lol. Personally I either try to save every 10 minutes or failing that reach a kill quota via percentage in Nugget Doom (50% for easy, 75% for normal, 90% for hard.) UV doesn't apply to all wads first time, Scythe II gets absolutely hellish by MAP26 til the very end on UV, and then you got Sunlust, which is harder than most things on HMP but is comparable to UV in a lot of other wads and I'd argue is easier than Scythe II on UV. I'm very glad I went thru that one on HMP first. Otherwise yeah you're just gonna inevitably die to something you didn't have pre-knowledge on and potentially lose a lot of time because you got thrown off and most likely made a dumb mistake, which is far more annoying than simply having to retry a battle over and over. That's my personal golden rule: never save during fights (you run a very high risk of saving at a bad time anyway.)

Btw you're very pretty.

thank you i get self conscious about my appearance but i wanna be a bit personal like a friend youre watching a playthrough with so i put myself out there.

I dont save during fights, i plan to actually het back into my Single Segment UV amces and id practice them pretty much in the way i do these playthroughs, this has all given me a bit of pep

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lila Feuer said:

Btw you're very pretty.

 

I second this!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Daytime Waitress said:

 

 

  Hide contents

PS: had your vid running in the background as I typed this reply and I'm gonna sub for the laidback vibes - keep it up!

 

this is exactly what i want people to do 😭😭😭

Share this post


Link to post

I will just echo what Bri said into the chamber. As long as you're having fun with what your doing, and not worrying too much about what people think, I think that will come through in your content and be more genuine. So, just do what feels good :)

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, fruity lerlups said:

hot girls play doom

 

Further more, playing Doom makes you a hotter person in my book, they should just rename the site to Sexyworld, but then people would think we're a porn site.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

 

Further more, playing Doom makes you a hotter person in my book, they should just rename the site to Sexyworld, but then people would think we're a porn site.

doom is just one letter away from another word after all

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, fruity lerlups said:

doom is just one letter away from another word after all

I know, its...
 

Spoiler

Boom!

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LegendaryEevee said:

Epic 2

 

I'm about halfway through this one right now and it is just so good. Definitely recommend this one @fruity lerlups, its a great wad for a fairly laid back playthrough and seems like exactly the right thing for what you're going for, especially if you like the Scythe 2 Egyptian maps. Its one you can really take your time with and enjoy exploring.

Share this post


Link to post

I had to come to terms with this myself. I like doing single segment videos because I feel it offers the best viewing experience, but I’ve realized that no, most people don’t care, and sometimes even prefer saves because it allows the map to be viewed more naturally. Single segmented runs I may have had to restart the map enough times to basically know the entire level, nothing comes as a surprise, but with saves it allows to show a more natural reaction to what’s ahead. 
 

So my compromise was try to make the videos single segmented first but if I am taking too long to get to the end I just do saves. It saves me time, and gets more videos out sooner. 

Share this post


Link to post

I kinda prefer walkthroughs (saveless maxes) but blind runs are fun as well, I don't mind. Turns out 99% of my playthroughs are blind, so yea^^

Share this post


Link to post

As someone else already mentioned, I kinda find single segment mentality boring, and ”this is too easy, gotta put on fast monsters or NM on”-showoffiness insufferable. If you enjoy the game more using saves (I know I do) then use saves, I’m sute enjoyment will reflect upon viewers as well.

 

One caveat, though: I’ve sometimes watched some streamers/youtubers using saves on their runs, and saving in a very bad spot and then adamantly hanging on that bad save, growing increasingly frustrated. That’s also frustrating to watch. I guess those are situations where fun also takes a backseat, so be wary of that :P

Share this post


Link to post

Sure! It's a little silly that many Doom playthroughs are saveless when the majority of players aren't really like that and for one reason or another, won't make too many attempts towards saveless playthroughs of say, Ancient Aliens maps.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×