Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueSonnet

Quake the movie: Anyone seen it?

And what do you think of it? Good? Crap? IMO it's quite cool. Ranger looks kickass in this movie. It's a shame they left it at that but they did say that it would have taken another 2 years to finish.

And in case you don't know what i'm talking about, i am refering to the amateur film by tritin-films. Run a search for it on google. It should be a planetquake website.

eh, that wasn't worth the download time. it looked pretty good and it was an original idea but the movie itself was dumb as hell.

It never ended up as "Quake: The Movie", merely as "Escape from the Bastille" and I think it was overly cheesy.

It had quite a number of cool elements in it, but in the end, it all boils down to action packed into a meagre plot that doesn't make sense.
How can an old prison be rebuilt on a different location, let alone on amoon in a different solar system? That's not rebuilding - that's building an entirely new prison.

And apart from that little "discrepency", there's a lot of cheesy lack of realism, like the heroes jogging holding those bigass weapons with one hand.
At least they could've tried making them run around like true soldiers instead of leisure joggers.

But I gotta hand it to them that a lot of the effects are cool as is the music.

But one thing stands clear: If someone does a machinema Doom movie (e.g. based on the lovely Doom 3 engine), the crew has to be a lot more serious in the plot and animation department.

dsm said:

And apart from that little "discrepency", there's a lot of cheesy lack of realism, like the heroes jogging holding those bigass weapons with one hand.
At least they could've tried making them run around like true soldiers instead of leisure joggers.

Yeah. The way sarge chucks the Rocket launcher to Grunt looked corny.

But i still think they did a good job and IMO it's still a 100 times better than a live action movie of Quake.

My favourite scene i think was when Ranger beat up those enforcers. "GET OUGHTA MAH PRISON!"

BlueSonnet said:

My favourite scene i think was when Ranger beat up those enforcers. "GET OUGHTA MAH PRISON!"

Hah, that's the part where I got annoyed by the way the motion freezes.

Btw, that Strogg general disappoints me - I would've thought a Strogg General would be at least a Super Tank and not a lowly Gunner. It was also my impression that the Strogg don't have Generals, but bigass Warlords.

Still, I gotta admit that the movie was entertaining. I watched it over and over again a couple of times just for the action effects and music.

/Me goes back to dreaming about what a machinema Doom movie should be like.

sargebaldy said:

eh, that wasn't worth the download time. it looked pretty good and it was an original idea but the movie itself was dumb as hell.

Exactly.

Meh!!

Ugh...me thinks jogging is pansy-ass like.

DooMBoy said:

Nope, haven't seen it.

Then why did you post?

e.g. "stupidity cannot be concealed"

Oh, I am gonna shorten my signature before one of the mods rapes me with a crowbar.

i can't wait to get on a faster internet connection to see what the hell everyone's talking about. while we're on the subject of quake and movies, does anyone know what that 'history of quake' movie or whatnot is that came with the quake trilogy pack? i wondered but i didn't feel like buying seeing as 1) no cash 2) own q1 and q2 alreayd.

MagnuM said:

Oh, I am gonna shorten my signature before one of the mods rapes me with a crowbar.

Yes you will now won't you?!

Scuba Steve said:

The Seal of Nehahra is the only Quake 'movie' worth watching.

that is not true.
I have seen over 400 fps movies... I think you need to watch a bit more, IMO.

Opulent said:

that is not true.
I have seen over 400 fps movies... I think you need to watch a bit more, IMO.

could you point me to some good ones?

boris said:

That movie is funny.

Build a huge Episode 4 map.
The player has to destroy a lot crates,
destroy ridiculous numbers of crates,
destroy a few crates,
destroy two crates,
destroy three crates,
destroy three crates,
destroy a lot power generator,
destroy ridiculous numbers of demon gateway,
find a demon gateway and
find a lost UAC machine which is hidden behind ridiculous numbers of crates

pregnant with worms said:

could you point me to some good ones?

http://members.cox.net/opulent/o/omovie.htm
not updated for quite awhile...

monochrome said:

i can't wait to get on a faster internet connection to see what the hell everyone's talking about. while we're on the subject of quake and movies, does anyone know what that 'history of quake' movie or whatnot is that came with the quake trilogy pack? i wondered but i didn't feel like buying seeing as 1) no cash 2) own q1 and q2 alreayd.

Its not even a movie its a couple of shots from quake 1, 2, and 3 and it tells how much the game has advanced.

MagnuM said:

it is funny isn't it?!?!?!?!?!?!

beer and magic mushrooms don't mix

Um, wrong thread? Are you sure YOU haven't been doing beer and magic mushrooms?

Ubik said:

I prefer this movie.

Gay niggers from outer space? That ain't a movie buddy, they are already here.

Oh and I am only a pretend racist before someone bans me for being politically incorrect.

Anyway, I don't know about any quake movies, but for anyone looking for an excellent Quake SP mod, one which is better than the original game, check out Nehahra. The movie will also be there, although I've never seen it.

http://www.planetquake.com/nehahra/

Scuba Steve said:

The Seal of Nehahra is the only Quake 'movie' worth watching.

Hah, and even Seal of Nehahra sucks - lame ideas, horrible voice-overs, longer than necessary.

At least this 'Escape from the Bastlille" thing had decent voices.

BlueSonnet said:

Illegal drugs are bad. Period.

<mr. mackey>Drugs are bad. mmmmmkay.</mr. mackey>

ravage said:

<mr. mackey>Drugs are bad. mmmmmk.</mr. mackey>

<mr. mackey>mmmmmkay!</mr. mackey>