Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xit-vono

100%kills

I am curious if it is possible to know when you have killed all the monsters in a level where there is an arch-vile. Is there some kind of program that says how many monsters are alive?

Uhm, DOOM calculates the percentage based on the numbers of monster in THINGS which are on the map at the beginning, so if you kill monsters which were resurrected twice or more, you can have more than 100% kills and it happened to me more than once.

In a similar way, in DOOM2 MAP30 (last level) there is only 1 monster on the map when it starts (John's head), so each monster you kill there is 100%. So you can have 1000% or 5000% kills there...

yeah I know that. What I'm wondering is whether it is possible to tell if I killed all the monsters when the arch-vile screws up the kill count. For example when I use TasDoom it has a counter which says how many monsters are alive, but unfortunate I can't playback the demo with TasDoom because it is a different format.

I thought ZDoom showed the kill count out of the total possible on the automap.

Well, with BOOM, for example, you could execute the massacre cheat code (TNTEM) and see the "monsters killed" count. If it is nonzero, you know that you missed some monsters. Then you can reload the saved game which you saved just before the cheat code and go out looking for 'em.

But if you are recording a demo that's a problem.