Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Ultimate DooMer

Pronunciation Poll (tm) III

How would you pronounce 'wad' ?  

22 members have voted

  1. 1. How would you pronounce 'wad' ?

    • wad
      15
    • wod
      7
    • wayed
      0
    • Other
      0


Recommended Posts

It's wad, like a wad of chewing gum. It's a big wad of files.

Like how some newer programs use pak files. I'm not sure if it's spelled right, but hey. It's a big pack of files.

Share this post


Link to post

wod.
pack.
pronounciation sucks.
heh.
go american language.

Share this post


Link to post

WTF? I'm the only one (of those who have voted so far) who says "wod"? Everyone else says it like "fad", but with a "w" instead of the "f"?

Share this post


Link to post

I pronouce it "wod". Saying it like fad, only with a w instead of an f, sounds pretty gay to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Grazza said:

WTF? I'm the only one (of those who have voted so far) who says "wod"? Everyone else says it like "fad", but with a "w" instead of the "f"?

No, "wad" is pronounced like "spitwad - spit". "Wod" would be pronounced like "whoa +d"

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, I guess these threads are bound to get messy if standard phonetic symbols aren't used. By "wod" I meant with a short o. [In phonetic symbols, this is "wod", possibly with a short accent on the o.]

Share this post


Link to post

According to the dictionary, the a in 'wad' is pronounced the same as the o in 'pot', i.e. 'wod'. And who am I to argue with the dictionary, especially as that's how I say it anyway :)

Share this post


Link to post

It's pronounced as 'what', except the 't' should be pronounced as a 'd', and why was my post removed?

Share this post


Link to post

WT_, worst poll ever!

I prononce it wod (like wawd), like a wad of chewing gum. YET I VOTED FOR WAD (waahd) BECAUSE THIS POLL IS SO SCREWED UP AND NASTY.

Share this post


Link to post
Disorder said:

It's pronounced as 'what', except the 't' should be pronounced as a 'd'

Really? On that basis you could pronounce it "hwod".

Share this post


Link to post

I just realised, isn't this actually Pronunciation Poll IV, not III?

EDIT: A search revealed only two other pronunciation polls, but I'm sure there were three. Oh well.

BTW, I'm not going to start another thread for this, but how do you guys pronounce 'route' - 'root', 'rowt' or some other way?

Share this post


Link to post
AndrewB said:

I prononce it wod (like wawd), like a wad of chewing gum. YET I VOTED FOR WAD (waahd) BECAUSE THIS POLL IS SO SCREWED UP AND NASTY.

Same.

Share this post


Link to post
NiGHTMARE said:

BTW, I'm not going to start another thread for this, but how do you guys pronounce 'route' - 'root', 'rowt' or some other way?

I pronounce it 'rowt' myself.

Share this post


Link to post
NiGHTMARE said:

I just realised, isn't this actually Pronunciation Poll IV, not III?

EDIT: A search revealed only two other pronunciation polls, but I'm sure there were three. Oh well.

BTW, I'm not going to start another thread for this, but how do you guys pronounce 'route' - 'root', 'rowt' or some other way?


It is 4 if you count the zarcyb one, but I didn't, so it's 3. (besides, that wasn't actually called a pronunciation poll)

Re: poll within a poll - I pronouce it 'root'.

Share this post


Link to post

Actualy, it's poll # 2352352 because we used to do these things all the god damned time before we got tired of them.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×