Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jute

Hate: Chapter One

Hate: Chapter One

and the shotgun blast rings out and blood splatters everywhere, drenching Adam in warm, inviting gore and all he can smell is shit permeating everything and the stench of it is so strong that it’s almost totally overriding the sharp metal tang of all the blood in his mouth and he’s always found it interesting that demon blood tastes just like human blood and he’s screaming FUCK FUCK FUCK and the red of the demon’s eyes fades away, probably being transferred to the huge gaping wound in its belly, where it’s certainly in high demand, and the thing lets out a roar but looks vaguely confused as it dies and Adam shoves it into the next fucking wave of monstrosities, a pack of ten imps, ugly and brown, protected with sharp bone-colored spikes surrounded by rings of smaller ones that remind him of thorns and he begins firing like crazy and the imps are howling in their broken rasp and he’s still screaming and he tingles all over like he’s going numb and one of the bastard’s heads pops with a sound like a watermelon exploding and spews gray matter and gore onto the other imps and they start to panic, gibbering and moaning nonsense words like “neniam” and “pordo”, and they charge right at him and he kills them all, shooting as fast as he can, and when they’re dead, he keeps on firing, discharging round after round into the filthy mass of bodies until it begins to resemble a pile of uncooked hamburger and then he pisses on it, pleased by how the urine glances off the meat. Afterwards, he looks up and surveys the area, catching his breath as the tingling numbness slowly dissipates. Another hopeless dungeon. No humans left alive. Just hundreds of the dead, strewn around in heaps or chained to the walls. Some of them have been crucified, genitals burned off, nothing but scorch marks and char, their lower jaws either hanging on by thin strands of muscle or removed completely. He sees a chain of dead babies, some fully developed, some obviously ripped from the womb prematurely, tiny and discolored, sometimes semi-transparent, and they’re linked by pale thin strings of intestine, their eyes all gouged out, some of the sockets filled with congealed, hardened vomit, and their lips torn off, leaving them smiling the curled grimace of a skull, and at both ends of the chain are horrendously battered women, one of whom is decapitated, the other covered from head to toe in dried shit and her hair torn out, attached to the children by now-rotting umbilical cords. Adam is turning to leave when he hears a voice, wild and desperate and animalistic: someone pleading for help. he swings his head around and sees a woman, nude, covered in blood, shit, and piss, crawling towards him, one leg missing from the knee down. it looks like it’s been torn off, and she trails a thick streak of red as she slowly makes her way to him, dragging thin strips of flesh that hang off. as she nears, he gets a better look at her. the patches of hair that remain on her scarred head, long and brown, are matted with thick clumps of filth. she’s coated with bruises and pain, her back a constellation of gaping wounds that make Adam wonder if a strong blast of air directed through them would produce a tone, and if he could cover and uncover various holes to vary the pitch, and she’s obviously pretty fucked up from the missing leg. a couple of her teeth are gone, partially broken off, and her eyes are an emerald green. sometimes she attempts to stand, dazedly oblivious to her absent limb, and collapses painfully, then continues on. her genitals appear to be intact. Adam waits for her to reach his feet and looks down, hears her forced breathing and her pleas for help, now turned to low moans, and he kicks her head in, his boot connecting with a clean snapping sound. Then he rolls her over and fucks her twice and the second time as he comes he thinks he catches a glimpse of something so he tugs on his dick for a while to try to get hard again but it doesn’t work so he rips some already-filthy hair out of the girl’s scalp and uses it to wipe himself off but it just gets him even messier so he stomps on the girl’s corpse, screaming YOU STUPID BITCH, until he’s broken most of her bones and she begins to resemble the stretched flesh he’s seen on the walls of some of these places. After that, he leaves and emerges from those ruins into a whole world of them.

The heat is intense, no humidity, just a dry warmth that makes Adam’s skin feel like peeling white paint and he squints and shields his eyes, scanning the wasteland, but there’s nothing. He remembers living here when there were forests and trees, he remembers being a kid and living by a creek and flying kites with his dad, and he remembers how the sky used to be blue, not a shade of beige that was almost indistinguishable from the barren ground. The year it all changed was 2012: a new experimental treatment for cancer was achieving promising results, UAC’s martian mining and research facility were a success, and Jesus Christ (with his celebrated campaign slogan “All You Need Is Love”) had won the November presidential elections in a landslide. Unfortunately, he didn’t get to enjoy his victory for long, because on December 22, Hell invaded Earth. It was pretty fucking bad. Demons destroying everything, and all of happening too quickly for any attempt at defense or intervention. In fact, Christ just fucking disappeared, which led many of the survivors to believe that they had just experienced the second coming, and had been left behind as Earth slowly mutated into the barren wasteland of Hell. a view supported by the fact that the demon hordes almost entirely disappeared one day. which was pretty nice in itself. it wasn’t long after that before someone found a book called ‘degreelessness’ and started the first church of chester (no capitals). Adam thought this was pretty fucking dumb, and in fact, he thinks that the whole book, which was soon being copied and passed around until the first church of chester was established as the major religion of America (not a difficult feat, since christianity’s time had definitely come and gone), is pretty fucking dumb. He was talking to one of his friends, a new age girl named mary moon, about it out by the swimming pool at the mansion, and he explained that while it had some interesting content, it was mostly poorly written (intentional or not, the dialogue in that last chapter was pure shit), and he thought that people were taking it much more seriously than it was meant to be taken. so mary tried, in vain, to explain (in all lowercase letters, as she’s a devout follower of chester) that understanding the symbolic nature of mirrors in the story was “paramount” and then told him some numerological facts about the book. For instance, the name ‘chester’, using the modern numerological system, is 3 + 8 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 5 + 9, with ‘3’ being ‘c’, ‘8’ being ‘h’, the first ‘5’ being ‘e’, and so on. These numbers have a sum of 33, which is a very important number in Freemasonry, and mary explained the representational significance of the Masonic ritual ‘killing of the king’ in the story. Then she noted that 3 + 3 = 6, which, in math, is known as a perfect number because it equals the sum of its proper divisors other than itself (1,2, and 3; and 1 + 2 + 3 = 6). she also noted that 2 ∙ 3 = 6, and 23 was chester’s favorite psalm from Crowley’s Book of Lies. She pulled that book off of a shelf lined with all sorts of that kind of shit and started interpreting it for Adam’s edification, but by that time he was bored with the whole conversation and really just zoning out on the fact that when he tilted his head sideways, the number ‘8’ looked like an infinity symbol, so he interrupted and told her about how once he had pistol-whipped a little girl until her head looked a little like a blueberry. mary laughed and he ending up telling her that the only things he even cared about in that book were the relatives mentioned at the end, who, if chester is indeed a deity, are very interesting blanks. Or maybe that the first time he read it, he jerked off to the description of the dead girl.

At this point, it might be helpful to explain that there are only two types of places that Hell’s armies did not destroy during their relatively brief reign of terror: mansions (all of them), and Kinkos stores (again, all of them). which proved pretty nifty for all the people who wanted to make copies of ‘degreelessness’. also, electricity is still provided without fail, even though all the power plants were destroyed. Adam doesn’t think that makes much sense, and sometimes he wonders if it’s true everywhere else too or only in America, but that doesn’t matter because right now he’s walking through the desert ruins of California back to the mansion that he’s staying at with about 45 other people, including mary moon and Tom Petty, even though he’s dead. Adam does this whole leaving-the-mansion-for-a-week-to-go-wandering-the-desert-and-killing-things (and mostly fucking them too) about once every other month or so (he doesn’t take a vehicle because they’re all destroyed). He says it helps him purge. This is what he’s thinking about as he walks back home:

Summer of 2012 was spent at his family’s summer home (now demolished, as, while it was large, it wasn’t large enough to qualify as a mansion) with his girlfriend Chloe, and mainly consisted of the two of them trying desperately but futilely to spend the massive inheritance he received after his father died in a plane crash, and they’d just lay around all day watching reruns of old dog shows on television and listening to What’s the Story, Morning Glory? by Oasis while they got stoned even though Chloe was pregnant because she was scheduled to get an abortion next Tuesday anyway and by June she was trying to kill herself just because she was bored and Adam kind of thought that was sad and he even almost tried to stop her once but then he thought, hey, who am I to tell someone what to do? so he’d zone out on Dimethyltryptamine and try to play Doom on his PC but end up falling out of the chair onto the floor and by the time he was finished tripping, fifteen minutes later, he’d open his eyes to find Chloe next to him, crying, and he’d hold her and tell her it was alright, but once he wasn’t quite clear of some of the residual effects of the DMT and he ended up instead telling her in great detail about how he couldn’t mention the sun without mentioning time, and this just made her even more upset so she tried to kill herself again, and somehow now Adam can’t even remember how she tried to do it, but at any rate it doesn’t really matter anymore, and she never did get the abortion because they forgot but she ended up having a miscarriage anyway while they were naked and making out in the Jacuzzi one day and abruptly she pulled away from him and they looked down at the water clouded with blood and bubbling and then at the small maroon object bobbing next to them, being pushed up by the water jets, and it was a tiny body and they kind of laughed because they were pretty high and even if they hadn’t been, there wouldn’t have been any point in getting upset, really, so they got out and took a shower together and fucked (actually Chloe’s idea, since she was too high to realize how sore she was) and Adam accidentally pulled out some of her hair but she didn’t really notice and that turned him on even more and that whole summer he couldn’t get the lyrics to “San Francisco” by Scott McKenzie out of his head. Chloe ended up dying when a huge pink demon attacked her shortly after Hell invaded. At least that’s what mary said the spirits of her ancestors had told her after Adam mentioned not knowing what happened to her. Looking back on all that, Adam’s pretty glad it’s over, and by the time he arrives back at the gates of the mansion, he’s practically beaming.

I can already tell this is going to be an amazing fucking story. Some of the images you've created are pretty goddamned vibrant.

I'm just worried people will discredit it for being untraditional like degreelessness was.

Dingus Khan said:

I'm just worried people will discredit it for being untraditional like degreelessness was.

yeah. but i think it's much more likely that no one will give a fuck at all.

Aww geez . . . I'm sure it's great, but I personally had to stop reading before I was forced to make a long call to Ralph on the Big White phone.

Then again, I can't look at my knees in a moving car for long before I start getting squeamish . . .

Not the length, no. Remember, I _couldn't_ finish it 'cause my stomach got so knotty.

And I wouldn't say connotation, at least in the context I use it. That was some downright graphic stuff man, to the point that I couldn't read it without inflicting physical pain into my digestive organ system. And that's never a good thing, at least in my opinion.

But-hey, if others enjoy it without needing a bucket nearby, more power to them. If there's another installment I'll try an' give that one a shot.

Guardian said:

And I wouldn't say connotation, at least in the context I use it. That was some downright graphic stuff man, to the point that I couldn't read it without inflicting physical pain into my digestive organ system. And that's never a good thing, at least in my opinion.

But-hey, if others enjoy it without needing a bucket nearby, more power to them. If there's another installment I'll try an' give that one a shot.

i apologize for any discomfort caused. if it was the first 'paragraph' (a.k.a. huge chunk of unseperated text) that did it, you can pretty skip that, as it's more character development than plot development. and you might want to give it a shot, as this story is, in a way, a continuation of 'degreelessness', which i know you enjoyed. again, i'm sorry for any upset i have caused.

Oh I'm cool, I just didn't want to get puke all over the place. But if that first paragraph'r two really are the only ones that're that 'bad' (at least in my opinion, and I use the term 'bad' VERY loosely here) I'll go see where I can slowly stick myself in and read again.

I do remember seeing degreelessness in there; that made me happy. :-D

EDIT:
There it is! There's my degreelessness part deux! Yay!

Now as long as there aren't any more narratives like the first paragraph I'll be reading it all. :-D

And now that I've read almost the entirety of Hate, I now see i was actually almost finished with that one 'bad' part; if I had forced myself to read a few more lines I might've actually managed to keep my bile down afterwards. 0_0

i'm very glad you liked it. i can't promise that there won't be graphic scenes in future installments, as the fact that adam does very very bad things occasionally is a definite part of his character, but from my (admittedly vague) idea of this as a finished project, they certainly don't make up the bulk of the story.

I love your stories dude, I'd like to say more, but I'm tired and can't put together any coherent sentences. I promise a proper reply after the next chapter.
In the meantime....bump.

DaJuice said:

In the meantime....bump.

i can deal with that. :)

Yeah, this is really good. I like all the imaginative small touches, like with "Adam wonders if a strong blast of air directed through them would produce a tone," - it really does reflect chain of thought well. Also, the unconventional syntax really benefited the pace and general rhythm I thought. Finally, the dubious sexual content was excellent. I like morally questionable protagonists.

Awesome stuff, can't wait for the next installment.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Yeah, this is really good. I like all the imaginative small touches, like with "Adam wonders if a strong blast of air directed through them would produce a tone," - it really does reflect chain of thought well. Also, the unconventional syntax really benefited the pace and general rhythm I thought. Finally, the dubious sexual content was excellent. I like morally questionable protagonists.

Awesome stuff, can't wait for the next installment.

thanks, man. the reason it seems like a stream of thought is because it is. i try to always write without a plan and figure it out later, especially in the more action-oriented scenes. it's probably because i'm lazy.

pregnant with worms said:

thanks, man. the reason it seems like a stream of thought is because it is. i try to always write without a plan and figure it out later, especially in the more action-oriented scenes. it's probably because i'm lazy.

Well, whatever the cause, the result is great :) I really like your style.

I Love this story. You one sick kid. I mean that in a good way. i dont think your lazy. You know what you good at writeing. Is there going ot be more?

thank you for the compliments. yes, i'm going to continue the story. hopefully i'll have time this week to work on the next chapter. i have some pretty interesting ideas lined up, i hope.

Oh my god dude. it's tim.that is the HARDEST thing I have ever read. I haven't even got to chapter two yet. I'm sitting next to kelly, and comminting on it as I read. she said she couldn't get past the first chapter. good thing she didn't read paragraph 2. lol. I think my favorite part was where jesus won the presidential election. ha, that is great. It got even better when I got to the part where he just disapeared! but my question is this, is the reason he just disapeared is that ROMBIES raped him with their rusty gentalia and them ate him after they fucked him reletlistly even though the y get no erotic pleasure from sex what so ever? I would like to see you incorperate rombies into the story later on somehow. oh, off the subject, I heard greg recorded a song or something at your house. dude, I have to hear that shit. I bet it is fucking gold. talk to you later. peace