Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elio_2.exe

Nucleolar (Limit-Removing DOOM map)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I haven't mapped in a while now, so I decided to try my hand at a Knee-Deep in the Dead style map. I called it nucleolar because it's got a bit of nuclear waste, it's tiny,, minimalistic in texture usage (referring to me not using any textures aside from Knee-Deep in the Dead) and it that's the best I could think of in 2 minutes :)

So yeah, don't take this too seriously and have fun. Careful of falling into inescapable pits, you can't escape from them!

 

Replaces E1M1, DOOM.WAD. Limit-Removing, tested with GZDoom, Crispy Doom and PrBoom+.

No textures or dehacked, as it was put together rather quickly.

 

It's actually based on a map I made very very early on when I first started mapping ^_^

 

Spoiler

image.png?ex=66609fda&is=665f4e5a&hm=751

image.png.ce501cae9a99ebb22583edbcc1f015ed.png

image.png.96daed6748b51e2f3e749d4c2db6ed93.png

image.png.2a2b4183b325cec8f6ebde91ba89ef41.png

 

nucleolar.zip

 

EDIT: This is the wrong subforum, innit?

Edited by elio_2.exe

Share this post


Link to post

Cool map, comfy E1 vibes with nice detail and architecture, here's a playthrough:

 

 

I missed some kills but not sure where, maybe in a secret I didn't find?

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler
3 hours ago, Somniac said:

Cool map, comfy E1 vibes with nice detail and architecture, here's a playthrough:

 

 

I missed some kills but not sure where, maybe in a secret I didn't find?

 

 

 

Thank you for playing! Unfortunately, I have set the linedef for triggering a monster closet by the shotgun pickup too far, and it didn't open. Happened to me when testing too, I just forgot to fix it :/

Share this post


Link to post

great design and visuals.....fights are very easy even on uv

progression is smart but blue key can be grabbed easily through fence pushing

so i finish the map under 30 sec

my fda, first exit speed/uvmax demos 

prboom cl2 iddt used uvmax.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler
10 hours ago, Zahid said:

great design and visuals.....fights are very easy even on uv

progression is smart but blue key can be grabbed easily through fence pushing

so i finish the map under 30 sec

my fda, first exit speed/uvmax demos 

prboom cl2 iddt used uvmax.zip

 

Yeesh, not even once did I think the blue key could be grabbed through the fence, but that's on me I guess.

Thank you so much for playing, I hope it was an enjoyable experience!

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler
5 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Not too bad! Nice to see you never quite left :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for playing! (Blue key placement really doesn't flow well, does it?)

Anyways, I've tried working on maps quite a few times (like once a month) but perhaps I'm better suited for something on the smaller scale.

Share this post


Link to post

idk how to put this, but there are exactly 9 reactions to this thread and its replies

im extremely superstitious when it comes to sth about irl, can someone please react to this reply and boot the number up to 10? it might sound weird but i'd really appreciate that :*

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/5/2024 at 3:55 AM, elio_2.exe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

Yeesh, not even once did I think the blue key could be grabbed through the fence, but that's on me I guess.

Thank you so much for playing, I hope it was an enjoyable experience!

It's alright! It's a super easy fix. It also just comes with practice and also testing a million times. After awhile you'll start to figure out how players are capable of breaking your maps and you just have to try to account for that lol. I get so sick of looking at my maps after testing for the 1000th time lol

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler
3 hours ago, Dahbeez said:

It's alright! It's a super easy fix. It also just comes with practice and also testing a million times. After awhile you'll start to figure out how players are capable of breaking your maps and you just have to try to account for that lol. I get so sick of looking at my maps after testing for the 1000th time lol

 

It was fun having my map exploited like that lol, but I changed it in case I ever use this map for something.

Also thankful for everyone who helped reach 10 reacts, this quite literally saved my life :***

Share this post


Link to post

I love Doom 1 style maps and I really enjoyed this. I'm hoping you are planning to do more of these?

Maybe make a few more difficult fights within the next map. But this map is the first map, so no big deal on difficulty. Just something to think about if you do more. But I'm truly hoping you do. I loved it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler
21 hours ago, TheGreenZap said:

I love Doom 1 style maps and I really enjoyed this. I'm hoping you are planning to do more of these?

 Maybe make a few more difficult fights within the next map. But this map is the first map, so no big deal on difficulty. Just something to think about if you do more. But I'm truly hoping you do. I loved it.

  

 

 

Thank you so much! I love doom aesthetically, but I find my monster and item placement primitive and monotonous. At least doom 2 has more variety I can cover my bad placement with (sometimes) I'd love to work on more doom 1 because that's just how much I love it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×