Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you get the bot programs on this site to work with something like skulltag that already has bots but dont do anything? I've downloaded it and tried everything i could to run it with skulltag and it will run but not do anything. what do i need to do to get this to work?

Most bot programs aren't "universal." ZCajun only runs in ZDoom, and I doubt it works in Skull Tag. If you want Skull Tag bots, get an older version. The bots are being worked on and don't run right now. You can get other bots, and they should tell you what port to use them with.

k thanks=D btw do you know of any bot programs for skulltag or am i just gonna have to be annoyed by the wait=P

SkullTag has its own bots, you can't do anything to them. Wait for the next two versions; the next should have 2.0 support and after that I think they're fixing the bots (they're supposed to be better than before). Ask Carnevil or in the SkullTag forums at the bottom in Hosted if you want more help.

She's right. Unlike newer games like quake and half life, bots more or less have to be built inside the game engine exe (at least for the best programmed ones). I know zdoom has its own bots (ZCajun built in), so you can at least play regular doom/heretic/hexen with bots.

But you have a high speed connection, and have no need for unintelligent bots. Now get yer arse back in #skulltag and frag!

EDIT: I could be wrong, but I think now zdoom's scripting is good enough to make your own bots kinda sorta. So they don't have to be hard coded into the exe. Not sure on this, but I think so.

There was a really old program i have on my old computer called Doombot, which was basically just zdoom (an old version) that you could play in DM mode and type "addbot" for bots, i used to spend hours deathmatching around the map i made of my secondary school XD

One of the older versions of ZDoom ships with its own bots, and then you can upgrade to the newest version and still have them. Also works by typing "addbot" in the console.

In the latest version of zdoom you can have co-op bots in single player, except when you move to a new level the game screws up a bit, like you have all the weapons with 25 ammo at the start, when you die you get the weapons again and keep any keys, and the bots just run around and dont shoot or anything (good for drawing enemy fire away from you though XD), they also dont respawn when they die..